[3.6] Tectonic Slam Jugg: MELT CONTENT (melee lives!) Razors build (discontinued)

This is my first league and after getting bored of Self Cast Witch, I'm having so much fun with your Tectnic Slam Jugg. I just wanted some advice on what pieces I should be looking to upgrade next. I'm currently doing Tier 12 maps but I'm anxious about moving to higher tier maps, I don't know if I'm strong enough for them yet? PoB has me at a little over 500k dps. How far will this amount carry me?

Any advice/help is appreciated!

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Quantumprophecy/characters
Last edited by Quantumprophecy on Jan 26, 2019, 2:52:35 AM
"
This is my first league and after getting bored of Self Cast Witch, I'm having so much fun with your Tectnic Slam Jugg. I just wanted some advice on what pieces I should be looking to upgrade next. I'm currently doing Tier 12 maps but I'm anxious about moving to higher tier maps, I don't know if I'm strong enough for them yet? PoB has me at a little over 500k dps. How far will this amount carry me?

Any advice/help is appreciated!

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Quantumprophecy/characters

Your DPS has got to be higher than that, your gear looks pretty good. First thing is to divine your loreweave to 80% (vendoring a tabula may be cheaper than buying divines). Second, is to take my new advice and drop Unyielding for Unbreakable (5 respec points for each ascendancy node). If you'd rather try Unrelenting and grab end charges, try that, but I think Unbreakable is better for less investment. Third, I'm not crazy about Rumi's in this build. See if you can find a Cinderswallow (3% recoverd life > 3% recovered mana, any craft you like since you got that boot enchant) for a good price. Make sure your pantheons are set up. Your jewels are okay, not great. You probably should have staunching rolled on a flask. You want your curse flask to have more duration than you have to do curse maps so it can be up near full time.

Other than that, it would be larger changes for more marginal upgrades. You actually have accuracy on your gear and could use well corrupted swords with fun implicits; your can flip your offhand if you like. You should be able to push t16 maps, I think. Send your PoB, maybe I'm misreading this, but: leap/whirl into a pack to get fortify, pop flasks, swing like crazy watching your life and pop the life flask if it's getting too close. Trust your AA, IC, sword pseudo LGoH, and arakaali's pantheon to keep you alive. Drop your totems first if it's not a trash mob. If you're terrified of a boss, watch a video first. You'll figure out a technique that works for you.

EDIT: drop master of arena and the 1 point node at the start of marauder for a jewel/whatevers at any time you wish
Last edited by sleevelessless on Jan 26, 2019, 10:15:53 AM
"
Your DPS has got to be higher than that, your gear looks pretty good. First thing is to divine your loreweave to 80% (vendoring a tabula may be cheaper than buying divines). Second, is to take my new advice and drop Unyielding for Unbreakable (5 respec points for each ascendancy node). If you'd rather try Unrelenting and grab end charges, try that, but I think Unbreakable is better for less investment. Third, I'm not crazy about Rumi's in this build. See if you can find a Cinderswallow (3% recoverd life > 3% recovered mana, any craft you like since you got that boot enchant) for a good price. Make sure your pantheons are set up. Your jewels are okay, not great. You probably should have staunching rolled on a flask. You want your curse flask to have more duration than you have to do curse maps so it can be up near full time.

Other than that, it would be larger changes for more marginal upgrades. You actually have accuracy on your gear and could use well corrupted swords with fun implicits; your can flip your offhand if you like. You should be able to push t16 maps, I think. Send your PoB, maybe I'm misreading this, but: leap/whirl into a pack to get fortify, pop flasks, swing like crazy watching your life and pop the life flask if it's getting too close. Trust your AA, IC, sword pseudo LGoH, and arakaali's pantheon to keep you alive. Drop your totems first if it's not a trash mob. If you're terrified of a boss, watch a video first. You'll figure out a technique that works for you.

EDIT: drop master of arena and the 1 point node at the start of marauder for a jewel/whatevers at any time you wish

So I worked on some of the things you mentioned. Divined my loreweave up to 80%, dropped the Rumi's for a Cinderswallow. Pantheons are setup just as you recommend (including the upgrade to the Major), rolled Staunching on a flask, and got different gloves without the accuracy on them. This all led to a fairly large dps increase on PoB, I'm at 777k shaper dps. I'll link that now.

https://pastebin.com/sKBUZJeS

I'm currently pushing Tier 13 maps and feeling pretty comfortable about it. Next thing I'm going to work towards is getting some corrupt swords. This might take a while as I buy up all the cheap razors laying around. I'll probably look at replacing my head piece next, or at very least get a helm enchant on it. In my tree I replaced one of the points you mentioned and I'm picking up Elemental Dmg nodes on my way to a 4th jewel socket. I'll keep an eye on getting some new jewels as well.
"
"

So I worked on some of the things you mentioned. Divined my loreweave up to 80%, dropped the Rumi's for a Cinderswallow. Pantheons are setup just as you recommend (including the upgrade to the Major), rolled Staunching on a flask, and got different gloves without the accuracy on them. This all led to a fairly large dps increase on PoB, I'm at 777k shaper dps. I'll link that now.

https://pastebin.com/sKBUZJeS

I'm currently pushing Tier 13 maps and feeling pretty comfortable about it. Next thing I'm going to work towards is getting some corrupt swords. This might take a while as I buy up all the cheap razors laying around. I'll probably look at replacing my head piece next, or at very least get a helm enchant on it. In my tree I replaced one of the points you mentioned and I'm picking up Elemental Dmg nodes on my way to a 4th jewel socket. I'll keep an eye on getting some new jewels as well.

you can get the good enchant on a helm with life and -9fire res to nearby enemies for 1.5-3ex, which may be more cost beneficial than vaaling swords. Your rare ring was doing less than I thought, that could use an upgrade. Your boots and gloves will need more life eventually, but hopefully you'll be pulling in currency as you fill out the atlas. Good luck!
"
Jungle Valley boss' soul is large boon to Soul of Arakaali and should be your goal asap. the 50% life recovery procs when immortal call goes off if you have blood rage active. This doubles the life gain from each sword, giving you 4 percent of max life gained per ignite. With this and arctic armor, you can facetank quite a bit.

It's actually 2. MS alternates between each hand while dual wielding.
Deliver pain exquisite
"
"
Jungle Valley boss' soul is large boon to Soul of Arakaali and should be your goal asap. the 50% life recovery procs when immortal call goes off if you have blood rage active. This doubles the life gain from each sword, giving you 4 percent of max life gained per ignite. With this and arctic armor, you can facetank quite a bit.

It's actually 2. MS alternates between each hand while dual wielding.

You are very right. Thanks, fixed.
For being first league,you are well beyond me in first league after not playing Poe for a few years.I started out with this guide/build and I have not been able to get past T5 maps only due to not knowing how to get higher maps.So trying to improve gear is mute for me atm.

Anyways I had to ask,are you not using Leap Slam at all and just using Whirling Blades? I have not looked over any changes since I have been playing another build due to the lack of maps but was looking to proceed some more with this.

edit: this didn't go as planned.I tried to quote someone about their build and it did not work.I also tried to see if I could delete and does not give that option.

Last edited by Wannabe on Jan 27, 2019, 2:37:04 AM
I started with Mathil's TS build, and switch to this build because it looked more tanky. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I'm still dying a lot in tier 12 maps, and that's even without fighting syndicate.

I have tried looking through the guide, but can't see what I'm missing. I have been stuck lvl 91 in a week now, because I die too much.

My build looks like this : https://pastebin.com/jU2kj08m

Any help is very much appreciated. I really want to reach shaper this league since I haven't done him before.
I started with Mathil's TS build, and switch to this build because it looked more tanky. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I'm still dying a lot in tier 12 maps, and that's even without fighting syndicate.

I have tried looking through the guide, but can't see what I'm missing. I have been stuck lvl 91 in a week now, because I die too much.

Any help is very much appreciated. I really want to reach shaper this league since I haven't done him before.
"
B4zoom wrote:

You need an instant life flask. Your wise oak is balanced towards cold, so it's doing nothing for you offensively. Your rare ring needs an upgrade. Both your swords are very low roll and low q. try balancing ALL your resists if possible. Cinderswallow is also a good defensive flask, but you'd have to drop lion's roar.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info