[3.6] Tectonic Slam Jugg: MELT CONTENT (melee lives!) Razors build (discontinued)

"
Hey man, i want to thank you for the amazing build. As I'm a newb to this game ( second league in which i play, only had one char before ) i would like to know what can i improve when it comes to items or even skill build.

Sorry that I can't link my items or skill tree ( im on phone and away from home ) but if you could find some time to check my char ( only jugg i have ) and come with some suggestions would be very appreciated (i know about the 6-link and refund of the 30 dex node ).

I min-maxed so that I have 115 res so to get the most out of Wise Oak and got all the life nodes. Rn i wonder what jewels should i get (7% life for leeching and survivability - sometimes i get freezes, but i dont know about the offensive stats (1) ).

Also after getting 3 most close jewels nodes would you recommend the Amplify node ? (2) I feel like i have enough aoe but the damage might be good and more aoe is a good QoL.

Good hunting and Happy Holidays !

All your gear looks great, just focus on getting your Loreweave 6 linked.

For jewels: % attack speed while dual wielding, fire damage and life are great. Flat fire or phys to sword attacks can roll pretty high. Getting onslaught on kill for clearing is great, but you do have the flask. Blind on hit is also good. A "Corrupted blood can't be inflicted" corruption is a nice luxury. Good luck!
Well, since I had a lot of fun with the build, decided to also post my stuff.

Actual gear:
Spoiler

Failed today on my first in life Shaper attempt, though more because of being mechanicaly a handicapped banana, and only a litle because of lacking some dmg :P. Probably gonna try to get better jewelry, maybe craft a belt by meself (0 experience on that, so gotta learn stuff). Also the +40% enchantment is on the list of things to do, though this one is tricky, since i realy dont want some random helmet with it (even Starkonja or Devoto), as I like my chaos res high (Syndicate). I consider buying armor base with it (saw one today for 2ex), but not before i learn to craft things properly.

Also, menaged to link this today

so gotta consider to switch from Deresso (then probably need to switch one of flasks to onslaught and thats a hard choice :P).

So - thanks for the build, was a lot of fun and probably will be a lot more. Great experience even for a "kind of" new player as myself (played for a week like 4 or 5 leagues ago) and tectonic slam feels just amazing, especially compared to some other skills in my case (bounced off from totems and frost blade).
Last edited by TheAzureBird on Dec 31, 2018, 12:43:18 PM
"
TheAzureBird wrote:
Well, since I had a lot of fun with the build, decided to also post my stuff.

Actual gear:
Spoiler

Failed today on my first in life Shaper attempt, though more because of being mechanicaly a handicapped banana, and only a litle because of lacking some dmg :P. Probably gonna try to get better jewelry, maybe craft a belt by meself (0 experience on that, so gotta learn stuff). Also the +40% enchantment is on the list of things to do, though this one is tricky, since i realy dont want some random helmet with it (even Starkonja or Devoto), as I like my chaos res high (Syndicate). I consider buying armor base with it (saw one today for 2ex), but not before i learn to craft things properly.

Also, menaged to link this today

so gotta consider to switch from Deresso (then probably need to switch one of flasks to onslaught and thats a hard choice :P).

So - thanks for the build, was a lot of fun and probably will be a lot more. Great experience even for a "kind of" new player as myself (played for a week like 4 or 5 leagues ago) and tectonic slam feels just amazing, especially compared to some other skills in my case (bounced off from totems and frost blade).

Awesome, glad you're having fun. Get an Eye of Innocence w/the Loreweave (consider a mokou's ring as well) and you'll melt shaper. you can probably just buy a stygian vise with ele weapon damage for the belt. the cinder flask with extra crit chance roll is really good, and a jewel with onslaught is another option. oh, and the 20% free charged slam enchant is most likely better than the 40% inc dmg.
"

Awesome, glad you're having fun. Get an Eye of Innocence w/the Loreweave (consider a mokou's ring as well) and you'll melt shaper. you can probably just buy a stygian vise with ele weapon damage for the belt. the cinder flask with extra crit chance roll is really good, and a jewel with onslaught is another option. oh, and the 20% free charged slam enchant is most likely better than the 40% inc dmg.

Yup, had a stygian belt in mind. Cinder flask is a great idea, though not sure if extra crit chance is best in this case. My enchant on boots seem to be doing good job in keeping elemental overload anyway. Definitelly gonna try Eye of Innocence (thank you rnjesus for this Loreweave link).

Not sure about that charged slam enchant though. Sure, its a 20% more dmg but way less consistent and demands to keep generating endurance charges against bossess whats not always possible (you just dont want to get hit by some bossess, even with 7k+ hp, and theres not always a minions around). Charged slam enchant sound like a better idea for mapping, but with what i got, bossing is the real thing to improve. Worth to consider though, just dont convince me on paper. Have you already tested it in some way?
"
Not sure about that charged slam enchant though. Sure, its a 20% more dmg but way less consistent and demands to keep generating endurance charges against bossess whats not always possible (you just dont want to get hit by some bossess, even with 7k+ hp, and theres not always a minions around). Charged slam enchant sound like a better idea for mapping, but with what i got, bossing is the real thing to improve. Worth to consider though, just dont convince me on paper. Have you already tested it in some way?

The chance for a charged slam is not dependant on endurance charges. It has a 20% chance to slam without using any charges as far as I've used it. So it actually pretty darn good; you have 20% chance to deal 60% more damage that translates to ~12% more damage on average which is huge compared to the +40% increased tectonic damage that is only around 3-4%.
Oh boy. If its not consuming charges that changes a lot.

Also, seems like the dmg output is calculated differently than i thought. Need to learn a lot. Thank you!
Loving the build so far, as I switched to it from a Pathfinder - Toxic Rain build that I kept getting destroyed with.

My one question that I have right now and perhaps it's been answered already is.

Why do you have a Faster Attack Support gem with Blood Rage and Increased Duration Support. When it doesn't affect Blood Rage at all it seems.

Or am I just missing something ?
Me not so happy today anymore as I reached lvl 90 and tried to push T15 and Guardians... but I get smashed / onehit constantly, either by Syndicate or some map bosses, and Phoenix was impossible to do... I just get wrecked instantly by anything that hits me.

I melt mob groups without any issue, but the higher map bosses and guardians feel impossible :(
Just hit 68 - Got the swords and the breat plate (5L) and it is super fun.

My question is, how to gear the rest of the slots?
(Right now, I just have resists capped and some life.)

What scales this build best?

Is there a Link to a high lvl character with matching equipment for this build?
"
Blake_Murdock wrote:
Loving the build so far, as I switched to it from a Pathfinder - Toxic Rain build that I kept getting destroyed with.

My one question that I have right now and perhaps it's been answered already is.

Why do you have a Faster Attack Support gem with Blood Rage and Increased Duration Support. When it doesn't affect Blood Rage at all it seems.

Or am I just missing something ?

It's almost level 20 so i was leveling it up :) min/max would be an enhance, i guess.

"
Edimasta wrote:
Me not so happy today anymore as I reached lvl 90 and tried to push T15 and Guardians... but I get smashed / onehit constantly, either by Syndicate or some map bosses, and Phoenix was impossible to do... I just get wrecked instantly by anything that hits me.

I melt mob groups without any issue, but the higher map bosses and guardians feel impossible :(

Need that 6link, I guess

"
jppathofexile wrote:
Just hit 68 - Got the swords and the breat plate (5L) and it is super fun.

My question is, how to gear the rest of the slots?
(Right now, I just have resists capped and some life.)

What scales this build best?

Is there a Link to a high lvl character with matching equipment for this build?

A lot of people have posted their gear in this thread if you look back. There's also the PoB from the Bossing/Loreweave seciton. You can always check my profile as well.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info