[3.17] Beginner Friendly Arc Mines Guide | All Content on 5L | Lvling Guide

"
Vordaa wrote:
Havent played in a few years, so some questions:
- Why not 2x weapon? Stats seem to outclass shield by a lot
- If we do use shield, would shield charge not be better than flame dash? Or is that no longer true?

I switch to dual wield sometimes for fun just to do more damage, but shield is better all around and gives you more survivability imo : )
"
Vordaa wrote:
- If we do use shield, would shield charge not be better than flame dash? Or is that no longer true?

I switch to dual wield sometimes for fun just to do more damage, but shield is better all around and gives you more survivability imo : )
"
wojnar90 wrote:
"
Edeka wrote:
"
wojnar90 wrote:
Uber Atziri and Vaal Temple done with this build.
24 Challenges done.

One of the best builds to start new league.

Here's my gear:
Spoiler

I'm using 2 flasks to sustain longer fights because that shimmeron degen may hurt my mana.

Only problem I had was with Uber Elder, maybe because I've never did it earlier.

Now I'm thinking about new char with some fun build, like Poet's Pen.

What Pantheon are you using to mitigate the damage from dual shimmerons?

I don't care about pantheon tbh. I was using just flasks to refill mana.

Now I've dropped 1 shimmeron and bought this beauty for 2ex:

This + second Shimmeron and it melts whole maps and bosses.
I die alot anyway because that Syndicate stuff is just OP in T11+ maps but normal stuff like Shaper or guardians is just fun to do.

That's a sick wand.

I don't get what the big deal about shimmeron is tho, I put it into pob and it gives me 2% more damage after I get power charge nodes. Definitely not worth the degen for 2% more damage imo.
"
InsaneX3 wrote:
Which items should I as a beginner invest in first and foremost?

First get tabula > additional mine helm > essence worm > Clear mind

By then you should have found dozens of good wands/shields you can use for yourself.
"
sp3d2 wrote:
"
z32019912 wrote:
When do I use lightning spire and when do i use arc?

Sorry, I am a noob

Is there a reason to have arc and spire at the same time?

I was going to ask the same question. Anyone can clarify?

Lightning spire while you do arc mines to take care of big bosses.
"
chochom wrote:
To all the newer players here: it is a lot of fun to watch some recent racing/speedrunning to see just how insanely good arc mines is for leveling. E.g., recent Dead and Doom speed run: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6svFVZ1lewc

@DawnBlue: 1. Get Lightning Spire Trap for single target (act 3, see guide)
2. get mana uniques like Praxis or Atziri's Foible, also using just one aura is completely fine if your mana is the issue. (spamming mana pots is completely fine though)
3. if you want you can prioritize pathing to volatile mines earlier (see act 4 in the guide) to make mines feel much smoother.
4. added lightning > added cold at this point in the game (see guide for 4L, 5L setups while leveling)
5. Why not explosive trap instead of flame totem, is that on purpose? explosive trap is great early single target.

I was ahead of dead and doom for betrayal until level 84 ;)
"
AnActualHorn wrote:

That's a sick wand.

I don't get what the big deal about shimmeron is tho, I put it into pob and it gives me 2% more damage after I get power charge nodes. Definitely not worth the degen for 2% more damage imo.

Here is my PoB with all flasks up, Blind and Shocked. Shows Shaper 414k dps https://pastebin.com/WJTmegqk
Now my goal is to get Vorici to Research and recolor my body armor with white sockets and get rid of Empower. Added lightning dmg support will give me another 50-60k dps.

I've downloaded addon for Chrome so I can copy stuff from poe.trade directly to PoB and see if it's worth buying. Checked some GG wands and only those for 5ex+ were upgrade to my Shimmeron.
I'm doing so much dmg that shaper Guardians melts in 2-3 seconds (T15-16 Syndicate is stronger btw xD).

I recommend using

This is huuuge dps boost if your lightning resistance cap is highest and Diamond flask with craft alone gives me 100k dps more.
I'm curious, what is the name of this addon ?
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/poe-trade-copy-to-path-of/dfieikfjcjekajhabkpjoffobdlillli

"
freakydouche wrote:
"
Vordaa wrote:

stat sticks are updated. if you want to and your pob says higher stats; you can dual wield.

flame dash gives us arcane surge which gives inc spell dmg and cast speed. you can use shield charge but remember, shield charge can't go through obstacles when flame dash can.

I did some tests in PoB: everyone I imported is better off with 2x their mainhand than with mh+shield.

Considering im going for the acrobatics nodes, is there any benefit at all to a shield besides the dps stats?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info