[3.4] Summonating Blow, Unholy Fists of Dominance (WIP)

@Siliarus

You have no Immortal Call setup. Are Spectres so much better?
"
Ionlyplaynude wrote:
@Siliarus

You have no Immortal Call setup. Are Spectres so much better?

I am relatively new to specters in general but I see huge supportive potential in them. The three Frenzy charges, for minions, mean 45% attack/cast speed, 12% more dmg, 15% more movement. That is a lot.

I do not have IC indeed for I, at least now, see very little use for that extremely short buff. Were I to somehow get endurance charges, it may be worth it. AS it stands I barely get hit once, much less twice in such a short period of time that IC would actually cover.

That may change later on but I think as long as you have that many minions running around, it won't be the case.
"
Siliarus wrote:
Well, my gear is, excepting two pieces, pretty crap as I am starting with maps really (and mostly busy so until weekend I cannot play much), but here it goes:

My crappy gear

I am using one hand and shield. My main motivation is additional defense from shield and proccing block more often which activates Guardian ascendancy. This also allows for Tempest Shield if you want to.

Alternatively, I was thinking about Necromantic Aegis, but haven't figured the right shield for that yet.

Note that Elder helmet allows me to 6-link zombies anyway and with even better one, you can 7-link them (+ to minion gems) but that's too pricy for now.

I am also using specters and will be adding Animate Guardian.
Specters are Carnage Chieftain, Act 2 Old Fields - those supply whole pack with frenzy charges, me included. Note the Blood Magic support, that makes them cast it often enough.
Note that effects of charges on monsters are way greater then on players.
EDIT: You can also pick one for frenzy charges and one specter for power charges (those should be the "host" chieftains in A7). Have yet to try how they keep the charges up then.

Animate Guardian will wear things like Dying Breath, Leer Cast, Ambu's Charge and Victario's Flight to boost the whole pack with damage and movement.

And one more thing I am planning to get is The Writhing Jar flask - this allows you to instantly spawn adds hence creating minions...theoretically :) Have to try out.

On a different note, I can see you suggested some other gems in the guide. Note that if you use Brutality, you cannot deal any elemental damage and nor can your minions from Dominating Blow - that makes your Hatred aura almost useless (zombies and minions from herald still benefit).

I was also looking at The Coming Calamity body armour. If I were to try some ES, this item probably allows for 6link herald of purity with the cost of 45%. But that's slightly different story :)

How do you keep your spectres alive? mines dies rather quickly
"
garantivil wrote:

I will quote from other post I saw elsewhere on forums on how this works:

"
To increase the damage of your Zombies, you run two Carnage Chieftain spectres. These spectres cast a spell that provides your Zombies and you with frenzy charges.
By linking the Spectre gem with a Blood Magic Support they are able to spam that spell, this is very important.

To get high level versions of them you have to add them to your Desecrate corpse pool by reviving one Carnage Chieftain in "The Old Fields" in Act 2. Then you go to the highest level area you have access to and cast Desecrate there until Carnage Chieftain corpses show up. You temporarely need a Desecrate gem with a high enough gem level to allow you to create corpses that match the area level (Remember to switch back to your low level Desecrate gem after this). You only have to do this procedure everytime you progress into a higher area level and therefore want to have your spectres match that area level to make them tankier because your current spectres stay summoned after logouts.

This obviously assumes high enough level of Raise Specter gem as well.
Then you should support it with minion life, like I did, or minion resistances if you feel that is better.

Otherwise I have no problem keeping them up, the Holy Relic heals them just fine along with Guardian ascendancy. If the above holds true for you and yet they still die, you might want to share your tree and gear.
"

On a different note, I can see you suggested some other gems in the guide. Note that if you use Brutality, you cannot deal any elemental damage and nor can your minions from Dominating Blow - that makes your Hatred aura almost useless (zombies and minions from herald still benefit).

Thanks for pointing this out, pretty obvious error on my part. I'll update the gem setups asap(at work). Until then I've managed to post some recent changes I made to the build inspired by ziggyd's recent video. Hope everyone's delve experience is going great!
"
Siliarus wrote:
"
garantivil wrote:

"
To increase the damage of your Zombies, you run two Carnage Chieftain spectres. These spectres cast a spell that provides your Zombies and you with frenzy charges.
By linking the Spectre gem with a Blood Magic Support they are able to spam that spell, this is very important.

To get high level versions of them you have to add them to your Desecrate corpse pool by reviving one Carnage Chieftain in "The Old Fields" in Act 2. Then you go to the highest level area you have access to and cast Desecrate there until Carnage Chieftain corpses show up. You temporarely need a Desecrate gem with a high enough gem level to allow you to create corpses that match the area level (Remember to switch back to your low level Desecrate gem after this). You only have to do this procedure everytime you progress into a higher area level and therefore want to have your spectres match that area level to make them tankier because your current spectres stay summoned after logouts.

Then you should support it with minion life, like I did, or minion resistances if you feel that is better.

Otherwise I have no problem keeping them up, the Holy Relic heals them just fine along with Guardian ascendancy. If the above holds true for you and yet they still die, you might want to share your tree and gear.

I was summoning my spectres in my HO maybe thats why they die. So I also need 2 desecrate? I don't understand why.
"
garantivil wrote:
"
Siliarus wrote:
"
garantivil wrote:

"

I was summoning my spectres in my HO maybe thats why they die. So I also need 2 desecrate? I don't understand why.

I only use one desecrate in my offhand weapon (you dont need to resummon specters as they dont die).
Some people also use CWDT + (low) desecrate + offering gems to proc other summon buffs. But I wouldn't recommend that in our case.
"

I was summoning my spectres in my HO maybe thats why they die. So I also need 2 desecrate? I don't understand why

Hey there, I've included a short instructional on the main page of the guide, I hope this helps.

Cheers!
Your build seems so interesting!

1) Do you think it can face end game content?
2) Have you just few lines on how to leveling?

Tkx in advance!
"
GrandChampion wrote:
Your build seems so interesting!

1) Do you think it can face end game content?
2) Have you just few lines on how to leveling?

Tkx in advance!

1) Yes, can't see why it couldn't. We will need stat balancing though as currently it is unknown what stats do minions have so it ain't clear what to aim for to defeat, say, Shaper.

2) Yea, pick Smite, add a speck of Ancestral Call. A gentle touch of Herald of Purity. Two ounces of dmg Aura of your choosing and finish that off with any weapons with higher AS and ele dmg. That's how I levelled most of the time. I only went for Dominating blow later on, but you can pick it as soon as at lvl 28.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info