3.6 Synthesis Arc/Freezing Pulse Totems, easy Shaperkills with less than 1-2 Ex investment!

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/a4qqp9/psa_it_is_currently_impossible_to_obtain_voricis/ebiujkg

They will re-enable +1 totem on shield.
Crisis averted, everyone! We are right back where we expected to be with this being a pretty rare mod. I wonder what the timeline is on this being re-enabled and if the cost will still be the same as was data mined or if it will be increased.
Last edited by Grumpyrock on Dec 10, 2018, 5:42:05 PM
Seems like a much weaker choice overall for what was a great budget build. Now you have to get very luck on a high level shield or pay a huge crafting cost.
IGN: Zerikin or Zerinia
So just to be clear, we still wanna use wrath even without the ring right? I am having a hard time justifying the 50c+ price right now just starting out.
How bad is the lack of the 4th totem? I am only a day in and about lvl 40 but not sure if I should continue.
If the main purpose of totems was to have a cheap league starter, its pretty bad. Having something that costs an EX to get off the ground is a bit pricey. I don't know if going brands is the better choice, certainly arc-mind doesnt have this kind of issue. I'm a touch confused as well on if this is worth doing.
"
UberBlum wrote:
How bad is the lack of the 4th totem? I am only a day in and about lvl 40 but not sure if I should continue.

I found the beginning and the end to be the same as before. However... that old middle road is a bit rocky now, unlike before. I'm not struggling anymore but that was because i decided if i wanted to continue i had to actually put in some currency.

I do not use soul mantle btw, and like in delve i rock dual void batteries. Incursion was really messing me up before i got my damage to where a good defense is a good offense became true again...

Overall I am happy with the character. Will see how things go with a shield and a 4th totem. But for right now i am not noticing the loss at where i am now.

"
creasian wrote:
"
UberBlum wrote:

I found the beginning and the end to be the same as before. However... that old middle road is a bit rocky now, unlike before. I'm not struggling anymore but that was because i decided if i wanted to continue i had to actually put in some currency.

I do not use soul mantle btw, and like in delve i rock dual void batteries. Incursion was really messing me up before i got my damage to where a good defense is a good offense became true again...

Overall I am happy with the character. Will see how things go with a shield and a 4th totem. But for right now i am not noticing the loss at where i am now.

Thanks kindly. Not afraid to chuck currency at the build but as you said the middle road where you actually start getting steady currency is the killer.
"
OskieBoy wrote:
So just to be clear, we still wanna use wrath even without the ring right? I am having a hard time justifying the 50c+ price right now just starting out.

Once you take Mind over Matter, then no, you do not want to have Wrath enabled. It is too much mana reserved to leave you enough mana pool to properly utilize Mind over Matter. Clarity is really the only aura that reserves a small enough amount to be worth considering when you have Mind over Matter (especially so once you do actually get an Essence Worm, as reservation costs go up significantly for anything not socketed in the ring).
"
OskieBoy wrote:

I don't think you need wrath until you are really trying to max out your damage on the top end. Ideally, you would only use wrath with the ring, or without Mind over Matter. If you have MoM and wrath without the ring you are going to be in a tough spot if you get hit. Also, you can't use a clear mind gem without the ring.

I would say unless you are really struggling for damage to just hold off on wrath until you can get the ring. It will become more affordable since the price will drop as the league goes on and/or you gain more currency.

Also, I could be wrong on this so if someone else with more experience could confirm that would be great.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info