3.6 Synthesis Arc/Freezing Pulse Totems, easy Shaperkills with less than 1-2 Ex investment!

"
Wilmots wrote:
No, in late game you will crush without additional defense from mana nodes!!!

On POB I lose about 300 mana, gain 40-50% damage, I think it's worth it. Plus you can now get MOM on items from veiled mods...
"
Seipherwood wrote:
Just curious, why do we take so many spell crit nodes and then use a gem that prevents crits? Am i missing something?

Controlled destruction does not prevent crits, it gives 100% reduced crit chance.
Increased and reduced modifiers are additive.
More and less modifiers are multiplicative.

Fir instance, if you have 500% increased crit chance on the tree (usually more) and 5% base crit chance:
5 * (100 + 500) / 100 = 30%
With controlled destruction:
5 * (100 + 500 - 100) = 25%
"
Rinzlow wrote:
"
Wilmots wrote:
No, in late game you will crush without additional defense from mana nodes!!!

On POB I lose about 300 mana, gain 40-50% damage, I think it's worth it. Plus you can now get MOM on items from veiled mods...

Thats not the point here, divine guidance gives 10 % plus on MOM, which is fantastic, damage is superfluos, when your dead.
"
Wilmots wrote:
"
FrodoFraggins wrote:
I've played GC totems the last two leagues and am trying arc totems this one. I really don't understand why you are taking all of those minion nodes when I believe they only apply to the lightning golem.

Jesus, we discussed this on every single page here!! I dont understand why it is so tough to just use once mind. Sorry to be direct, but really...

I'm not reading this many pages sorry - and he has no FAQ section on the main post. This is like the least informative build OP I've ever seen lol
Last edited by FrodoFraggins on Dec 9, 2018, 8:37:27 PM
"
FrodoFraggins wrote:
"
Wilmots wrote:
"
FrodoFraggins wrote:
I've played GC totems the last two leagues and am trying arc totems this one. I really don't understand why you are taking all of those minion nodes when I believe they only apply to the lightning golem.

Jesus, we discussed this on every single page here!! I dont understand why it is so tough to just use once mind. Sorry to be direct, but really...

I'm not reading this many pages sorry - and he has no FAQ section on the main post. This is like the least informative build OP I've ever seen lol

There is one node near Searing Bond that says something like "apply all minion damage also to you". So if you take that node, you can get some minion damage modes and works the same as adding damage yourself, so it will apply to your totems.
IGN: Gonorreitor
Last edited by Valmar on Dec 9, 2018, 10:47:23 PM
"
Valmar wrote:

There is one node near Searing Bond that says something like "apply all minion damage also to you". So if you take that node, you can get some minion damage modes and works the same as adding damage yourself, so it will apply to your totems.

Um yes, someone else mentioned it and I'm grabbing it for now. But thanks.

I'm also not sure why this build doesn't suggest soul mantle which I loved on my GC totems build. I'll check to see what some of the other arc totems builds say about soul mantle, especially now that we lost a totem from the ascendancy
I haven't seen a +1 to max totem shield out there, but if it costs 1 ex to add that mod then we wont be seeing many of those and might just be something you have to craft yourself.

That is a bummer because now any shield with decent stats will cost you an ex. Is this build still worth it?
GGG listens to its fans!!! Thank you!
your path of building says under the GC totems tab link that it requires 2 jewels. Could you elaborate? Thanks, and sorry if it's been answered.
"
ebolas0up wrote:
your path of building says under the GC totems tab link that it requires 2 jewels. Could you elaborate? Thanks, and sorry if it's been answered.

the pob link shows the jewels used in the tree
Nevermind, loving the build!
Last edited by The_Fatness on Dec 10, 2018, 3:00:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info