3.6 Synthesis Arc/Freezing Pulse Totems, easy Shaperkills with less than 1-2 Ex investment!

How are my weapons? Should these last up through Shaper?

Any other major gear pieces I should focus on upgrading? Character is Whisker_Delve (not sure how to link current gear here)
As a HC player I took the 2 first life node, it really help for almost nothing.

I almost went to lvl60 with 2 flames totems and arc on a 3 link in HC SSF. Since I almost died act 7 in the stupid chaudron, I moved to buy a chest because I had nothing good even on a 4l.

It was not that hard before except some boss but now with Ancestral Bond on a 5l its easy. I just finished the cruel lab and since I don't need a 4th totems since the burst is really good, I took Conviction of Power and it's even easier now :)
I am really lazy and right now i have 3 automated layer of defence (3 cwdt setups) and it works really fine, all i have to do is move and place totems (conductivity as aura). I like this build more and more.

but i have to say i invested heavily into this char (2 void batteries, impresence and so on).

I don't think that i can do a lot more right now then level the gems to 20.

Killed Red Elder 10 Minutes before this post. Died twice but mostly because it was my first Elder ever and i haven't known the mechanics.
Why use Inc. Crit. and Controlled Destruction? Isn't that kind of a contradiction?
I had a couple of questions
1. arc chain and add time enchant useless in uber elder? dmg better?
2. what i should buy next? (profile open)
i have 1.5kk dps right now in POB
maybe loreweave better then rare chest with crit spell?

sry for my english//
"
Hootbagz3 wrote:
How are my weapons? Should these last up through Shaper?

Weapons are fine. Upgradeable, but should be enough to carry. But most of your other slots and flasks need upgrades (Diamond, no way to remove freeze, don't need that many HP, etc). POB updated, have a few points to rework. Leave CWDT at level 1 and then you won't need to pick-up STR nodes and it procs more. Feel free to compare to my character or someone else further with this build.

"
Chimmy81 wrote:
Why use Inc. Crit. and Controlled Destruction? Isn't that kind of a contradiction?

Difference between increased crit and crit chance. The increased crit chance almost cancels, but the crit strike and spell damage does not.

"
RollMD wrote:
I had a couple of questions
1. arc chain and add time enchant useless in uber elder? dmg better?
2. what i should buy next? (profile open)
i have 1.5kk dps right now in POB
maybe loreweave better then rare chest with crit spell?

If not using Spiritual Aid, 40% Arc dmg would be better. Lightpoacher should not work since we don't kill, totems do (I want to try selfcast Arc next season just to try Lightpoacher and Inpulsa for clear speed). Until you get a nice rare helm with 40% Arc damage (was several exalted last I checked), then Spiritual Aid with Bone helm is better and cheaper.

Also, not sure how you got 1.5m, but something isn't right with your PoB set-up. I didn't play around with it too much, but you have Elemental Focus, so the mob shouldn't be getting shocked? Taking that off dropped it from 1m to to 700k with the way I set it up.

If you want some other upgrades, Fingerless Silk Gloves, totem boots, and maybe trade Throatseeker + re-route the top and throatseeker to get Celestial Judgment for ele dmg and pen? The re-route save plus boots that don't need 30 dex should be enough to get that and the socket next to it.
ty for answer
about pob dmg - i actived my flask and check marks on my first screen(that was my fail). If shock dont work with elemental focus should i switch to inc crit strikes? I'm focus to farm at uber elder now and dont care about mapping(just for info)

lightpoacher vs bone helmet =
Spoiler

too much dps with 2 abyss sockets and enchants + free 5 points worth no?
I'm checked other helmets with enchants on market - no one even close to lightpoacher with abyss jewels. or i'm wrong

gloves+boots its rly good advice, thx again.

I'm not sure about throatseeker vs celestial judgment too, PoB shows that throatseeker 3 nodes gives me more dps vs 3 nodes celestial judgment. Or maybe he didnt calculate penetrate?
Has anyone done Hall of Grandmasters with this build and budget gear?

Also:
Do you think Moonsorrow is viable as an interim solution until you got your hand on a really good wand?

I mean it got around 65% spell damage, 20%+ lightning damage, 10% cast speed and a relatively decent rolled one will cost you not more then a few fusings.
Last edited by Geographus on Sep 10, 2018, 7:05:07 AM
Just reminder/note, we can get something like this (made with fossil - more lightning modifiers):

Also we can get minion damage on spell-based gloves, what is my next goal :)
Last edited by vildsix on Sep 10, 2018, 8:02:37 AM
These are my End-Game gears.

Stats on PoB:
Life: 4188
Mana: 2431
ES: 682
Crit Chance: 82%

1Totem Damage(Shaper): 432k DPS
4Totems(Shaper): 1.8m
1Totem Damage(Non-Shaper):685k
4Totems(Non-Shaper): 2.7m

I went for more health/mana nodes instead of going for Heart of Thunder node at the very top of the tree. Any suggestions/improvements i can make on my gear? I kinda got 1-Shotted at T16-Phoenix
Last edited by icel3oi on Sep 10, 2018, 8:36:11 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info