[3.7] Chunky Chargrill Chieftain - Incinerate CwC Volatile Dead - [2x Demigod winning build]

Not sure what to think...
I had my first deathless kitava running this, lol. It felt great through the story content.

But as soon as I started maps it went to pot. I played cwc in previous leagues to much more success than I'm currently having with this, and I'm not entirely sure why.

Everything under the sun is handing me my ass in maps, with basalt, arctic armour, steelskin (no slots/chroms to cwdt), 5 end charges, capped resist, and 4.2k life (which, is low but I'm lvl 70). Idk if it's the new legion content, or whatever but its survivability doesn't feel like it scales very well because you want to be channeling in place, but you can't due to how rippy these new dudes are. So I try to stick to the edges and desecrate some corpses and promptly die to offscreen or movement speed > me. Some of my gear is trash but I literally just made it to maps & can't afford much else.

I think it'd play much better as a second character, but given you've played it in SSF to great success it's likely just pebcak issue. That said, it's not intuitive to me as to how I'd scale into maps when T2s are 1shotting me.
"
hqDM wrote:
Not sure what to think...
I had my first deathless kitava running this, lol. It felt great through the story content.

But as soon as I started maps it went to pot. I played cwc in previous leagues to much more success than I'm currently having with this, and I'm not entirely sure why.

Everything under the sun is handing me my ass in maps, with basalt, arctic armour, steelskin (no slots/chroms to cwdt), 5 end charges, capped resist, and 4.2k life (which, is low but I'm lvl 70). Idk if it's the new legion content, or whatever but its survivability doesn't feel like it scales very well because you want to be channeling in place, but you can't due to how rippy these new dudes are. So I try to stick to the edges and desecrate some corpses and promptly die to offscreen or movement speed > me. Some of my gear is trash but I literally just made it to maps & can't afford much else.

I think it'd play much better as a second character, but given you've played it in SSF to great success it's likely just pebcak issue. That said, it's not intuitive to me as to how I'd scale into maps when T2s are 1shotting me.

I imported your character into PoB.

Fire Res: 76
Cold Res: 65
Lightning Res: 59
This is a massive problem in any build this league.

There are some very odd gear choices throughout. Saying you cant afford, well SSF says it doesn't matter if you can or can't afford, so that excuse doesn't wash with the many people who have had a lot of success with this build.

The gear needed for this is so so basic you just aren't looking at the right stuff or customising promising or close approximations using the easily available and very cheap starter crafting options.

The TLDR is that you have deviated a ton from the proven build and are expecting it to work, SSF and starter builds doesn't mean you get to do that and also get results. You need to steer the character more to the proven winning formula.
I stream daily at twitch.tv/CellTank
"
Polluxk01 wrote:
I just solo'd Uber Lab for the first time with this build. Thank you SOOOO much for posting it.

Good stuff man!

I've played a lot of lab farmers over the years, and this build took me by surprise with how smooth and easy uber lab is, feels like running merc lab a second time when ever I play this build!

Congratulations on getting it done!
How does CWDT work with vaal Grace? The text on CWDT reads: "cannot support skills used by totems, traps, or mines. Vaal skills, channeling skills, and skills that reserve mana cannot be triggered." Grace both reserves mana and is a vaal skill, so why is it with CWDT?

If I'm meant to use Vaal grace on its own... that doesn't make sense either because we already have 75% mana reserved with Herald of Ash and Anger.

I'm new to the game so I might be missing something but these gems don't seem to go together.
"
MattLorien wrote:
How does CWDT work with vaal Grace? The text on CWDT reads: "cannot support skills used by totems, traps, or mines. Vaal skills, channeling skills, and skills that reserve mana cannot be triggered." Grace both reserves mana and is a vaal skill, so why is it with CWDT?

If I'm meant to use Vaal grace on its own... that doesn't make sense either because we already have 75% mana reserved with Herald of Ash and Anger.

I'm new to the game so I might be missing something but these gems don't seem to go together.

Vaal Grace just happens to be linked. It isn't affected by those gems it is linked to.

Its a skill you use on a button press and not an aura.

Grace is the aura, Vaal Grace is a single button press to activate it for the specified duration.

A lot of people get confused a little with these vaal skills at first so good on you for asking for some answers!
"
Cellstorm wrote:

There are some very odd gear choices throughout. Saying you cant afford, well SSF says it doesn't matter if you can or can't afford, so that excuse doesn't wash with the many people who have had a lot of success with this build.

The gear needed for this is so so basic you just aren't looking at the right stuff or customising promising or close approximations using the easily available and very cheap starter crafting options.

The TLDR is that you have deviated a ton from the proven build and are expecting it to work, SSF and starter builds doesn't mean you get to do that and also get results. You need to steer the character more to the proven winning formula.

It's overcap with end charges up and i've got them up all the time due to the gloves. Chieftain ascendancy wasn't keeping them up reliably.
It's not an excuse, it's simple reality - haven't gotten shit for drops, don't have magical reserves of gear/currency. My belt, ammy, hat, gloves are absolute ass but I haven't gotten anything better. I take staff - cheap, budget damage - instead of 1h+shield, I get 1hit? no way dude. Lack of drops isn't a choice.

A pob full of endgame life/res gear doesn't say much about the transition which is where I'm having difficulty. I didn't post to shit on your build, I posted because it's frustrating following a build guide that just glosses over the rest of the owl. Like sure I can go get a belly, they're dirt cheap but then >no currency to link/colour it, which is the same for the rest of it. The trash I'm wearing is better than the trash I had before. Y'know, part of upgrading. Except it's stalling at T2, so no more upgrading. If I use a tabula over my life/res chest I'mma lose a fuckload of survive. The damage output isn't a problem, it's the survivability. Pardon me while I go find the cheap crafting option that lets me slam 90 life + triple res on my 4 subpar slots and I'll get back to you.
"
hqDM wrote:
"
Cellstorm wrote:

It's overcap with end charges up and i've got them up all the time due to the gloves. Chieftain ascendancy wasn't keeping them up reliably.
It's not an excuse, it's simple reality - haven't gotten shit for drops, don't have magical reserves of gear/currency. My belt, ammy, hat, gloves are absolute ass but I haven't gotten anything better. I take staff - cheap, budget damage - instead of 1h+shield, I get 1hit? no way dude. Lack of drops isn't a choice.

A pob full of endgame life/res gear doesn't say much about the transition which is where I'm having difficulty. I didn't post to shit on your build, I posted because it's frustrating following a build guide that just glosses over the rest of the owl. Like sure I can go get a belly, they're dirt cheap but then >no currency to link/colour it, which is the same for the rest of it. The trash I'm wearing is better than the trash I had before. Y'know, part of upgrading. Except it's stalling at T2, so no more upgrading. If I use a tabula over my life/res chest I'mma lose a fuckload of survive. The damage output isn't a problem, it's the survivability. Pardon me while I go find the cheap crafting option that lets me slam 90 life + triple res on my 4 subpar slots and I'll get back to you.

I feel you are taking a defensive stance towards my straight talk.

I don't have time to beat about the bush so I say things as they are. No offence was meant in what I said or how I said it.

And everything I've said stands true. You have dropped better items than you have, you are valuing terrible unique over raw stats on rare items.

I did a showcase once where I cleared a tier 6 map in nothing but a tabula, no onther gear, no other gems than the main 6 link. So the fact that you can't do t2 in your current setup tells me that there is something massively wrong in your approach to how to play this.

I certainly didn't take your personal experience that you posted as an attempt to 'shit on my build' as you so eloquently put it. I just can't see a way to help you beyond what i've already said.

Also, lines such as "Pardon me while I go find the cheap crafting option that lets me slam 90 life + triple res on my 4 subpar slots and I'll get back to you." don't make me want to actually spend any more time helping you than I already have as it makes you sound like a brat if you are a child or a whining beta if you are an adult. Which I'm sure neither of these things are the case, it simply can't help to be presumed when you type such statements.

Enjoy your playtime Sir.
Last edited by Cellstorm on Jun 23, 2019, 9:22:49 AM
I am really struggling in deep mapping. There are things that just 1 shot me. Most of the bosses I can do fine, but i will hit a pack of mobs and just DIE. Its gotten to the point where I have stopped gaining XP.

I've really tried to study the OP post, (I do have double mana flasks as this thing does get mana starved, maybe i can replace one of those.

I've tried upgrading defenses and it seems nothing is working. ANyone mind helping an old fella out?

I can still progress, its just feels wrong to be having 2-4 deaths per map.

--i should add the dmg is nuts. That;s my problem i am blazing along trying to keep fort up and then WHAM something kills me. And without a log to know what happened, i'm kinda clueless
Last edited by crazyscientist592 on Jun 23, 2019, 8:09:09 PM
>whining beta
You're quite eloquent yourself, aren't you.
You spend more time jerking yourself off in the op, than you do explaining itemization. Considering guys with 1.5k more hp than I have are still getting buttfucked (whom you kindly ignored) it'd be a wee bit more helpful if your build progression boiled down to a lil more than "lol i win demigods". The crux of your advice comes down to "get good, scrub", "why aren't you lucky hurr", and you're suggesting I run a tabula for damage over a 6.5L staff + hp chest, like that's going to help me survive better.

I'm not valuing terrible uniques. I literally said it myself they're ass; they're stopgaps. Keeping end charges up for resist via conduit gloves sucks dongs but it's a far cry better than not being resist capped, or jamming end cry like it's a 6th flask - a sustain issue you yourself acknowledged in the op. Considering you're running ED/Contagion this league, it's rather disingenuous to imply you've done T6 maps naked in a tabula in LEGION content, which is the crux of the issue; new shit hits hard. Likewise disingenuous to imply that 4.2k hp (+fort, 5ec, AA) isn't good enough to start maps with. Lab and whatever is a snooze, it's the new content that's the issue.

Since you're a fan of straight talk, it oughta be said straight up in the op if you need to farm blood aqueducts until 85 for your build to work, sir.

Last edited by hqDM on Jun 23, 2019, 11:53:58 PM
Hey cell, if you have a sec, could you take a look at where im at in your build and let me know if im missing something? Dps is fantastic, but survivability is a major issue. I'm in T6 maps or so, and i die at least once per map and often 3-5 times even when i drop down to T5 or T4 maps. Usually it seems like a 1 shot so i have no time to react with flasks or anything. I'm thinking maybe if i get some better jewels like some added hp ones with some damage that might help a bit. I know Tabula isnt the best option but it works fine as far as i can tell, at least until i can afford a 6 link armor with some decent stats. It seems as tho my lvl progress has stopped, but perhaps im just not ready for t6 maps, who knows.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info