[3.2] LL RF - comfy mapping build specific for leagues - up to 17-20k ES

"
hwat wrote:
Just for info for newcomers:
1. Build costs shitloads of money for right rings, belt, amulet and watchers.
2. Slow AF. Seriosly, your best bet is 30% movement speed. Try to catch anyone in group.
3. Your main DPS — RF — is about 150k (under buffs and flasks it is 200+k) which is just not enough for endgame bosses, not speaking about group play (you can't kill even trash fast enough)
4. despite the 20k ES and 90% reduction you still can easely die (read 1, 2, 3)
5. Many map mods are not comfortable

So yes, you can turn on 100500 auras and walk in the bar with 17k ES (which is realistically 14-15k without 100ex), but don't expect uber elder to die from your spit.

What da hell are you talking about?

Right now playing this build in Flashback, at day 3 of the race I had almost fully geared, yes still missing the Watcher's, but i'm counting in the Friday to get it, is when I have more time to play.

Anyway i'm enjoying this build, i'm not dying in any map, i throw an alch in the map and run it, not even taking a look at the mods.

I Have 4 labs already (done at level 84), super cheap build, super strong. (Cheaper compared with my last Low Life Necros).

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/diegodgo87/characters

Char: DGO_Flashback
"This Is A Buff" (Bex_GGG august 30, 2016)
Hello

I just hit level 42 and having trouble with degen. I'm okay until I run out of flasks and after that my life goes to 1, meaning I can't re-activate RF unless I go back to town. I have all the equips you listed at level 42 in your leveling guide (Except using a TABULA). Please help me by looking at my character (RFJohn) and see if you can find out what the problem is.

Also I can't activate all 3 purity auras because I do not have enough mana. I've done only the first trial of ascendancy as well
"
LolJohn wrote:
Hello

I just hit level 42 and having trouble with degen. I'm okay until I run out of flasks and after that my life goes to 1, meaning I can't re-activate RF unless I go back to town. I have all the equips you listed at level 42 in your leveling guide (Except using a TABULA). Please help me by looking at my character (RFJohn) and see if you can find out what the problem is.

Also I can't activate all 3 purity auras because I do not have enough mana. I've done only the first trial of ascendancy as well

When you are on low life you get 3% more life regen from your shield. That's why we use the solaris lorica and link an aura with a blood magic gem. If your clarity is high level you might not reach the low life threshhold because you won't be able to activate it and the aura at the same time. Same with purity of fire, you should be able to have level 5+ by level 42 which gives you 1% increased maximum fire resistance. I would only run disc, vitality and purity of fire at the start, don't worry about other purities unless you need the resists

In short:

Level up blood magic gem, purities, vitality. You might need to use flasks to sustain righteous fire right now though,so try and get the 1% max fire res node outside the marauder area and then get the 1.8% regen node. Every bit helps

Best of luck
Thanks you for posting this build!!! been doing any map, with any mods, unidentified, vaaled, don´t die at all, unblock 32 maps in the atlas last night.

I already hit level 90 and I have some exalted for watcher's ES recovery rate, they are not expensive.

Some PIC doing T11 Vaaled -11 resistances Mesa:

https://imgur.com/a/MvA8P8Q

I'm sitting at 2600 ES/s without the watchers.

Once again Thanks!
"This Is A Buff" (Bex_GGG august 30, 2016)
"
diegodgo87 wrote:
Thanks you for posting this build!!! been doing any map, with any mods, unidentified, vaaled, don´t die at all, unblock 32 maps in the atlas last night.

I already hit level 90 and I have some exalted for watcher's ES recovery rate, they are not expensive.

Some PIC doing T11 Vaaled -11 resistances Mesa:

https://imgur.com/a/MvA8P8Q

I'm sitting at 2600 ES/s without the watchers.

Once again Thanks!

Thanks for the kind words, happy you are having fun!

Since I dinged level 100 in bestiary I've been working on a Scion variant of this build in standard. I wouldn't roll it in a temp league though because getting the necessary energy shield without legacy items will be hard. Right now sitting at just below 14k ES but very nice resists (85 84 85) and also tons of regen, without any watcher's eye (mainly because I am too cheap to buy one in standard since I got a really good one in BSC that will be in standard soon enough)

Gear
Spoiler

I also changed the guardian a bit in BSC and added a crafted shield. Easy deathless uber elder with it and a different helm;

Probably going to take a bit of a break now until next league but will answer any questions in this thread
What a well written and great guide, I've been wanting to play LLRF and this is definitely the easiest to comprehend. Please keep it updated!
Also quick couple of questions, how does EE play a part into this doesnt Sr automatically make them res to fire? Also how does mana help us?
"
Also quick couple of questions, how does EE play a part into this doesnt Sr automatically make them res to fire? Also how does mana help us?

Both SR and RF are degen abilities that don't hit, so they never proc EE. The only way for us to proc EE is with Orb of Storms of if you have any cold/lightning damage to attacks (craft on ring or a jewel for example) then you can proc it with shield charge

The more maximum mana we have, the more mana we can reserve. The guardian node 'Radiant Faith' gives us flat energy shield for 15% of our total reserved mana. If we have 100 mana reserved, we get 15 es. If we have 1000 mana reserved, we get 150. And so on
"
allana wrote:
"

Both SR and RF are degen abilities that don't hit, so they never proc EE. The only way for us to proc EE is with Orb of Storms of if you have any cold/lightning damage to attacks (craft on ring or a jewel for example) then you can proc it with shield charge

The more maximum mana we have, the more mana we can reserve. The guardian node 'Radiant Faith' gives us flat energy shield for 15% of our total reserved mana. If we have 100 mana reserved, we get 15 es. If we have 1000 mana reserved, we get 150. And so on

Thanks for the timely answer, Im at level 90 atm and destorying, What are you plans for the build in 3.3.0? Do you plan to keep it updated?
"
"
allana wrote:
"

Thanks for the timely answer, Im at level 90 atm and destorying, What are you plans for the build in 3.3.0? Do you plan to keep it updated?

I like rf and will probably start next league with an RFer as well. If something needs updating I will most likely change that. It will be reflected in the OP.

We will see when we get patch notes!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info