[3.2] LL RF - comfy mapping build specific for leagues - up to 17-20k ES

PoB link? I kinda don't understand, where do you get max block.
Last edited by hwat on Apr 27, 2018, 10:39:51 AM
would you say that its possible to play this build as a leaguestarter? And if so : what body armor should be used when passing act 10 and starting maps (before using shavs)?
And how do you get ele resists with the mentioned leveling gear?
Last edited by fl0yd on Apr 27, 2018, 11:00:51 AM
"
hwat wrote:
PoB link? I kinda don't understand, where do you get max block.

https://pastebin.com/zRJZ0wLx

I don't have max block. I have 24% normally, 34% when I use shield charge and 50% extra block chance 40% of the time. It's part of the guardian ascendancy

"

would you say that its possible to play this build as a leaguestarter? And if so : what body armor should be used when passing act 10 and starting maps (before using shavs)?

I don't know if I would do it as a league starter. It should certainly be possible, but I would probably play life rf until I could get ahold of a Shav's, no point being lowlife if you get one-shot by a chaos projectile
thanks for the answer. One part remains unclear for me:
"
fl0yd wrote:
thanks for the answer. One part remains unclear for me:

you'll cap lightning with kikazaru + brightbeak
fire you use purity of fire, brightbeak for around 60% resist and then I think I had resist on some jewel or maybe I took the 'Elementalist' node in the templar area. I can't remember exactly how I did. You can use purity of ice as well for some extra cold res, but I don't think my cold res was capped until later on when I could equip some other gear

Edit: Here are the jewels I had equipped
Last edited by allana on Apr 28, 2018, 5:28:59 AM
Just for info for newcomers:
1. Build costs shitloads of money for right rings, belt, amulet and watchers.
2. Slow AF. Seriosly, your best bet is 30% movement speed. Try to catch anyone in group.
3. Your main DPS — RF — is about 150k (under buffs and flasks it is 200+k) which is just not enough for endgame bosses, not speaking about group play (you can't kill even trash fast enough)
4. despite the 20k ES and 90% reduction you still can easely die (read 1, 2, 3)
5. Many map mods are not comfortable

So yes, you can turn on 100500 auras and walk in the bar with 17k ES (which is realistically 14-15k without 100ex), but don't expect uber elder to die from your spit.
"
hwat wrote:
Just for info for newcomers:
1. Build costs shitloads of money for right rings, belt, amulet and watchers.

Astramentis was like 20c when I checked. The amulet I use is better, but astramentis is a very good alternative. A rare shaper belt with the es recovery mod is not that expensive. Crafting one like I did is, though, but I only made this belt recently. It's perfectly fine to play with a worse belt which I did up to level 97.
Watcher's eye, an ES recovery one is still 1 ex. Not a big investment as this is not a starter build.
Rings, again, a random rare ring with strength / int / mana / energy shield isn't that expensive if you browse poe.trade. Not sure where you get the idea that you need exceptional niche gear (like I've crafted) to start off with. Not true at all.

"
2. Slow AF. Seriosly, your best bet is 30% movement speed. Try to catch anyone in group.

If you want your guardian to be faster you can use either of these weapons:

I don't mind the movement speed though as the entire idea is to do hard maps with harbinger / beyond packs active. Dps has not been an issue thus far.

"
3. Your main DPS — RF — is about 150k (under buffs and flasks it is 200+k) which is just not enough for endgame bosses, not speaking about group play (you can't kill even trash fast enough)

I hope you are looking at the damage with conc effect as that's for bossing. However I don't recall claiming that this was the ideal setup for uber elder (quite the contrary, read the OP again before you criticise).

"
4. despite the 20k ES and 90% reduction you still can easely die (read 1, 2, 3)

Not true, you can die if you stop paying attention and leave the computer, but the idea from the beginning is to trade clear speed for survivability so that the build is good for reaching level 100 with. I'm almost 99 by the way.

"
5. Many map mods are not comfortable

The only mods I don't run are no regen and -max. I try to avoid -% recovery rate as well but those are possible to run. I don't see how this qualifies as "many map mods"

At any rate, you are free to disagree but I think most of your points are incorrect. For an uber elder low life build, I would probably aim for even more regen to combat the innate degen of the fight, as the armor gained from determination/memory vault are pretty unnecessary in there. I'd probably also use this helmet and then 6-link my scorching ray

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owydf8tjmB0&feature=youtu.be

Dinged 99 so attempted Uber Elder. Died twice but felt ok. Would still recommend a setup with more frontload DPS but build can do it at least

Edit: Uber Atziri as well
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouYsNkZ_Blo&feature=youtu.be
Last edited by allana on Apr 29, 2018, 8:28:53 AM
Hello, Allana, tyvm so far and congrats on ubber elder today. Mind checking my profile/"gear check me"? Just dinged 80, whats the best path/nodes to take in the skill tree right now, like, when its time to pickup MoM on skill tree? I need clarity up for it, right? I think i missplaced some gem with enlighten, i got a lvl3, should i put clarity with it instead discipline? when i try this setup it says i dont have enough mana. Tyvm again!
Last edited by luglug on Apr 29, 2018, 8:43:34 AM
"
luglug wrote:
Hello, Allana, tyvm so far and congrats on ubber elder today. Mind checking my profile/"gear check me"? Just dinged 80, whats the best path/nodes to take in the skill tree right now, like, when its time to pickup MoM on skill tree? I need clarity up for it, right? I think i missplaced some gem with enlighten, i got a lvl3, should i put clarity with it instead discipline? when i try this setup it says i dont have enough mana. Tyvm again!

Mind over Matter doesn't do anything for us as the node specifies that you take damage from mana before life. We use energy shield. The reason we take MoM though is for the juicy mana nodes behind it, so the faster you get them the better, essentially.

You can reduce your amount of stat points needed by taking the two strength nodes at the bottom left of your tree which allows you to free up 3 nodes towards the scion life regen/mana jewel slot.

I would probably go for aura nodes next for you, because that's the way to get higher max resists. If you have level 23 auras with 61% aura effectiveness (which is what you get from the tree + ascendancy) will make sure you get +8% max resists for purities that are at least level 23

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info