[3.5]FJTHEBEAST| DW Nebuloch Chieftain Molten Strike |90% Dmg Mitigation|9M Shaper DPS| All content

"
abyssus for non-crit build is so dumb with the introduction of herald of purity

Abyssus has 5 mods and not only crit multi :)

The +25 to all attributes alone will free at least 2 item suffixes or 2 passive tree points.

The flat phys is about 13% more damage. Deidbellow is a good alternative, but you probably won't find anyone with the +3 MS projectiles enchant unless you enchant it yourself. Same for The Formless Inferno and other similar non popular helmets.

You want to use Herald of Purity, you have to sacrifice another gem (dps/survivavility) so you have to take every thing into consideration and not just say that using an item "is so dumb" without thinking about it.

Edit: Lion's Roar more damage works only on the melee attack of MS
Last edited by fjtheknight on Oct 9, 2018, 11:35:05 PM
"

Abyssus has 5 mods and not only crit multi :)

The +25 to all attributes alone will free at least 2 item suffixes or 2 passive tree points.

The flat phys is about 13% more damage. Deidbellow is a good alternative, but you probably won't find anyone with the +3 MS projectiles enchant unless you enchant it yourself. Same for The Formless Inferno and other similar non popular helmets.

You want to use Herald of Purity, you have to sacrifice another gem (dps/survivavility) so you have to take every thing into consideration and not just say that using an item "is so dumb" without thinking about it.

Edit: Lion's Roar more damage works only on the melee attack of MS

i have no attribute problems at all. that flat phys has no advantage at all with introduction of herald of purity. exactly i got the enchant myself. i can't recall how many times i died with the stupid heavy physical hit in uber lab with abyssus.
without abyssus i never died once in uber lab even with very sloppy playstyle.
i don;t recommeend going abyssus at all if you are not crit build.
herald of purity give u free blind if u link it to blind support.
herald of purity is 80% of abyssus for this build without any downside.
i'm just lazy to find flat phys damage on each piece of items.

"
You want to use Herald of Purity, you have to sacrifice another gem (dps/survivavility)

herald of purity + deidbellow > abyssus + arctic armou. im not sacrificing anything at all.
Blind gives nothing with Kaom's roots, by the way.
Hi there,

I would like to try that build on Delve HC, with Jugg ascendanc. With elemental overload taken the damage should be comparable.

Besides ascendancy I'm going to think over next possible changes:
1. Use Kaom's heart chest for more life.
2. Use Blood Magic for... more life!
3. Drop auras. So even with Kaom's Heart and Roots I will have enough gem sockets.
4. Put molten strinke into a helmet with Conc effect + Immolate/30% more elemental essence.

Has anybody tried anything from above?

Thanks in advance.
I tried so hard to make it a Jugg (for endurance charge generation) but after two hours with POB and trade site I can say that with this amount of uniques +100% fire resistance is so overpowered, it's actually a selling point.

So I'm building Chieftain now.

In this perspective, is there a way to incorporate "Battle cry" (warcries are instant) for a huge QoL? From recommended tree it's five points, which is too much, but maybe there can be some smart tree rework? OP, what do you think, does it worth it, how the tree could look?
Last edited by dim.kiriyenko on Oct 10, 2018, 4:41:15 PM
"

I tried so hard to make it a Jugg (for endurance charge generation) but after two hours with POB and trade site I can say that with this amount of uniques +100% fire resistance is so overpowered, it's actually a selling point.

I think it is possible to gain ton of res from jewels.

For HC it seems important that Jugg has higher phys res and quick endurance charge gain - can be crucial when EC are removed by Nemesis mob.
"
AlfariusX wrote:
Hi there,

I would like to try that build on Delve HC, with Jugg ascendanc. With elemental overload taken the damage should be comparable.

Besides ascendancy I'm going to think over next possible changes:
1. Use Kaom's heart chest for more life.
2. Use Blood Magic for... more life!
3. Drop auras. So even with Kaom's Heart and Roots I will have enough gem sockets.
4. Put molten strinke into a helmet with Conc effect + Immolate/30% more elemental essence.

Has anybody tried anything from above?

Thanks in advance.

1- I think Loreweave is better than Kaom's heart. Elemental mitigation is higher by 30%, and life is lower by 20%, so survivability is higher with Loreweave. Kaom's heart would be better agains physical/chaos damage.

2- Do you mean life nodes behind Blood Magic? By doing so, you wont be able to use heralds or blasphemy. Life is good but you should consider other elements of survivability.

3- Auras are a great source of damage/defense. You should probably replace flammability with enfeeble and arctic armour with herald of purity if going hc juggernaut.

4-Yes that's possible. I think that the best helmet for hc is the formless inferno. You can use a rare helmet with a lot of life too.

Look fo items with chance to fortify on hit
"
dim.kiriyenko wrote:

So I'm building Chieftain now.

"
AlfariusX wrote:

I think it is possible to gain ton of res from jewels.

For HC it seems important that Jugg has higher phys res and quick endurance charge gain - can be crucial when EC are removed by Nemesis mob.

There are too main problems with this build: a lot of uniques with no resistances and low attack speed. The problem is that both are suffixes, so it is really hard to fix these two problems with the limited number of rares we have. That's why it is cheaper and easier to build chieftain. Juggernaut can have better slightly better survivability with the same level of investment, but chieftain does way more damage and can tank almost all regular game content so probably you wont need to go juggernaut (unless you can't warcry once every 16 seconds).

"
dim.kiriyenko wrote:

In this perspective, is there a way to incorporate "Battle cry" (warcries are instant) for a huge QoL? From recommended tree it's five points, which is too much, but maybe there can be some smart tree rework? OP, what do you think, does it worth it, how the tree could look?

With the current tre, it seems to be hard. Maybe if you can replace kaom's roots with other boots and take unwavering stance on tree, but I think it is not worth it (lose hp, passives and freeze immunity)
"
fjtheknight wrote:

There are too main problems with this build: a lot of uniques with no resistances and low attack speed. The problem is that both are suffixes, so it is really hard to fix these two problems with the limited number of rares we have. That's why it is cheaper and easier to build chieftain. Juggernaut can have better slightly better survivability with the same level of investment, but chieftain does way more damage and can tank almost all regular game content so probably you wont need to go juggernaut (unless you can't warcry once every 16 seconds).

Hmm, My current budget isn't big, so I can't afford 6L loreweave and second kaom ring.
So I guess my start will be Chieftain with Kaom's heart+ring and pseudo 6L helmet - will use there combustion + immolate combo. Using warcry or weapon swtich to gain ECs is not a problem for me. Jugg's easier EC generation is only a boon versus rares with Nullifier mod.

Probably with Bloodmagic - trade some dps and acrtic armor for 1k hp.
Maybe will rollback it later if can grab some useful Watcher's eye.
"
AlfariusX wrote:

Hmm, My current budget isn't big, so I can't afford 6L loreweave and second kaom ring.
So I guess my start will be Chieftain with Kaom's heart+ring and pseudo 6L helmet - will use there combustion + immolate combo. Using warcry or weapon swtich to gain ECs is not a problem for me. Jugg's easier EC generation is only a boon versus rares with Nullifier mod.

Probably with Bloodmagic - trade some dps and acrtic armor for 1k hp.
Maybe will rollback it later if can grab some useful Watcher's eye.

The immolate+comb helm combo is very bad. Like significantly worse then a reg six link, even with the 30% more ele damage mod it's still worse.

You're better off selling the kaoms heart and the immolate helm and using a 2ex life 6l chest. You could probably get one with high life/%life/life regen% for cheap this late in the league. Then use your remaining currency to buy a 2 ms helm. The cheapest way to buy the helm is to buy a decent base with the enchant and then fossil craft with pristine/scorched. Shouldn't cost you more then 1ex total for a life/life% helm with -9% fire resist to nearby enemies.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info