[3.5]FJTHEBEAST| DW Nebuloch Chieftain Molten Strike |90% Dmg Mitigation|9M Shaper DPS| All content

Any advice on the Aul fight? I'm struggling hard with keeping my EC up.
"
grimchip wrote:

The immolate+comb helm combo is very bad. Like significantly worse then a reg six link, even with the 30% more ele damage mod it's still worse.

You're better off selling the kaoms heart and the immolate helm and using a 2ex life 6l chest. You could probably get one with high life/%life/life regen% for cheap this late in the league. Then use your remaining currency to buy a 2 ms helm. The cheapest way to buy the helm is to buy a decent base with the enchant and then fossil craft with pristine/scorched. Shouldn't cost you more then 1ex total for a life/life% helm with -9% fire resist to nearby enemies.

Damage with immo+conc effect helm seems similar to a 5-link Shaper set-up (without ancestral call). Lifeleech cap is reached as well.
For map clearing the difference is still neglectable I guess, because all mobs will die almost instantly anyway. Moreover map clearing looks easier with concecrated path.
My Delve ambitions are small - 300 depth.

On big bosses, well, 40% damage loss is not a big problem if u can't die.
With 9.5k life I feel myself much safer than with 8k.

Enchanted base still costs around 200c in HC delve now. So at starting point - enchant is not an option for me.

Thanks for advice anyway, If I see some huge damage lack - I will switch to the 6link rare chest.
Last edited by AlfariusX on Oct 12, 2018, 7:30:12 AM
"
AlfariusX wrote:

Damage with immo+conc effect helm seems similar to a 5-link Shaper set-up (without ancestral call). Lifeleech cap is reached as well.
For map clearing the difference is still neglectable I guess, because all mobs will die almost instantly anyway. Moreover map clearing looks easier with concecrated path.
My Delve ambitions are small - 300 depth.

On big bosses, well, 40% damage loss is not a big problem if u can't die.
With 9.5k life I feel myself much safer than with 8k.

Enchanted base still costs around 200c in HC delve now. So at starting point - enchant is not an option for me.

Thanks for advice anyway, If I see some huge damage lack - I will switch to the 6link rare chest.

swapping to your setup brings me down from 400k magma ball dps to 220k. Close to 50%. You also lose out on the +2/3 helm enchant, which is another ~30% dps loss. and you give up 4 gems.

If you think you'll be alright go for it. But this is a very sub-optimal way to play the build while on a budget.

"
grimchip wrote:

swapping to your setup brings me down from 400k magma ball dps to 220k. Close to 50%. You also lose out on the +2/3 helm enchant, which is another ~30% dps loss. and you give up 4 gems.

If you think you'll be alright go for it. But this is a very sub-optimal way to play the build while on a budget.

Hmm. My calculation with gear close to OP's pastbin showed less dramatic drop from 567k to 420k. That without wise oak, enchant, -9% helmet and vaal trap. Maybe I do something wrong...Anyway I will need to do a simulation with my own gear when I lvl up the char and see how it goes.

Thanks for the advice man, appreciate it.
"
AlfariusX wrote:

Hmm. My calculation with gear close to OP's pastbin showed less dramatic drop from 567k to 420k. That without wise oak, enchant, -9% helmet and vaal trap. Maybe I do something wrong...Anyway I will need to do a simulation with my own gear when I lvl up the char and see how it goes.

Thanks for the advice man, appreciate it.

NP bud, I was curious myself how the RF helms perform with this build. I generated a pastebin for you with OP's POB but with your helm and chest.

https://pastebin.com/jUFCN441

Normally the damage is 610k. Also I didn't take out the 4 gems you have to give up. So you are definitely losing some more survivability or dps depending on which gems you choose.

if I did something wrong feel free to point it out.
"
grimchip wrote:

NP bud, I was curious myself how the RF helms perform with this build. I generated a pastebin for you with OP's POB but with your helm and chest.

https://pastebin.com/jUFCN441

Normally the damage is 610k. Also I didn't take out the 4 gems you have to give up. So you are definitely losing some more survivability or dps depending on which gems you choose.

if I did something wrong feel free to point it out.

Let me share my PoB too. I'm using combustion there - good shaper dps because of penetration and stable ignite. Helmet MS skill called 'molten helmet'

https://pastebin.com/0vpqLmc0

I also disabled all golems, auras, etc, removed one jewel and took bloodmagic. Turned flasks on. No enchant however, but it shouldn't alter dps ratio between builds.
So I'm getting next stats:
Balls:
357k with helm and kaom's heart
513k with 6l Loreweave (Shaper/Elder setup).

So 30% dps loss in my calcs. Still a lot ofc. I like safer gameplay however -)

"
AlfariusX wrote:

Let me share my PoB too. I'm using combustion there - good shaper dps because of penetration and stable ignite. Helmet MS skill called 'molten helmet'

https://pastebin.com/0vpqLmc0

I also disabled all golems, auras, etc, removed one jewel and took bloodmagic. Turned flasks on. No enchant however, but it shouldn't alter dps ratio between builds.
So I'm getting next stats:
Balls:
357k with helm and kaom's heart
513k with 6l Loreweave (Shaper/Elder setup).

So 30% dps loss in my calcs. Still a lot ofc. I like safer gameplay however -)

yeah this is a decent setup with this GG gear. Because lets be honest 357k is still ALOT for MS. But you won't have the MS enchant and your gear will be SIGNIFICANTLY worse then this.

I guess the real question is "will it be enough" and the answer is probably yes. Even if you only got to like 200k MS damage, without the enchant that would be roughly 1.2m shaper and on average about 48% of balls hit on a shaper sized target, so that's around 600k dps. Again should be more then enough for 300 delve and could probably still do shaper/elder.
Last edited by grimchip on Oct 12, 2018, 2:54:57 PM
"
grimchip wrote:

yeah this is a decent setup with this GG gear. Because lets be honest 357k is still ALOT for MS. But you won't have the MS enchant and your gear will be SIGNIFICANTLY worse then this.

I guess the real question is "will it be enough" and the answer is probably yes. Even if you only got to like 200k MS damage, without the enchant that would be roughly 1.2m shaper and on average about 48% of balls hit on a shaper sized target, so that's around 600k dps. Again should be more then enough for 300 delve and could probably still do shaper/elder.

Hope when I reach Shaper I will know is my actual dmg ok or not. It would be good to get to him at least. Previous necro was stupidly owned by the minotaur =/

Gonna start with kaom+helmet - good life from the beginning and I got not
a bad helmet for a dirty cheap price.
Lets see how it goes.
Thanks a lot for this build. I have switched betwween Jugg MS variations during this league and went to this Chieftain one last, and god I should have started with this. Much cheaper, imo much tankier given an appropriate management of endurance charges, and SO MUCH damage it is insane.

Hats off! If no nerfs are around, this is looking like my next league starter
So let say i have some decent gear ( 20ex budget ) then how deep can my build be ? I mean at which depth level will this build still feel comfortable enough ? I'm aiming for 600 depth or something around that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info