[3.17] For Marauder - Ngamahu's Flame Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam Build

Wonder if it's worth dropping some nodes to take the 3.3 buff to all nodes leading up to and including Heart of Flame which now has 6% fire pen. Its not toooo far EO and you could route through the 10% life and res node, Cruel Prep and those int minor nodes make gem levels easy without needing it on gear perhaps.

I played similar to this build during flashback with a haste/vaal haste for mapping speed with cremation CoMK for trash cleanup and single target was more than fine.

This build's gonna be great for incursions too I recon :D
Hi Kira, overall great guide i was running it on Bestiary as my last char and it was a blast. I'm gonna start new league with this again because it's cheap as dirt I was able to clear T15 maps with gear worth 100c.

But i have question regarding that new combustion gem. Isn't a better to put it in axe as this molten is like a 20% of overall dmg and cyclone is 80%. So balls proc the -resistance and you don't lose this 20% more of "more" dmg on ELE Focus. What do you think?
Last edited by Kixnare on May 31, 2018, 8:26:57 AM
"
ninjaxus wrote:
Wonder if it's worth dropping some nodes to take the 3.3 buff to all nodes leading up to and including Heart of Flame which now has 6% fire pen. Its not toooo far EO and you could route through the 10% life and res node, Cruel Prep and those int minor nodes make gem levels easy without needing it on gear perhaps.

I played similar to this build during flashback with a haste/vaal haste for mapping speed with cremation CoMK for trash cleanup and single target was more than fine.

This build's gonna be great for incursions too I recon :D

I don't think it is worth it to branch into Heart of Flame. Cost too many skill points.

It is better to invest those points into physical damage % nodes as it will scale much better.

But well, we have to wait for POB to be updated to be sure. :)

"
Kixnare wrote:
Hi Kira, overall great guide i was running it on Bestiary as my last char and it was a blast. I'm gonna start new league with this again because it's cheap as dirt I was able to clear T15 maps with gear worth 100c.

But i have question regarding that new combustion gem. Isn't a better to put it in axe as this molten is like a 20% of overall dmg and cyclone is 80%. So balls proc the -resistance and you don't lose this 20% more of "more" dmg on ELE Focus. What do you think?

Combustion (a.k.a. Chance to Ignite) is my preferred gem for the axe (as mentioned in Gems section) but there are other players who prefer to use Elemental Focus.

In 3.3., I believe Combustion will be the go-to for axe instead of Elemental Focus.

For Cyclone + Combustion or Cyclone + Elemental Focus, I am inclined towards Combustion but have to wait for POB update to be sure.
Hi, I missed the last league, but before it play your Slayer - Ngamahu Cyclone, now Chieftain is better?
"
omgaming wrote:
Hi, I missed the last league, but before it play your Slayer - Ngamahu Cyclone, now Chieftain is better?

You can find a comparison between various classes in the FAQ section. :)
LEAGUE START SOON

Cant wait to play the COMK + Cremation setup :D
Just swapped over to Ngamahu and cyclone at 58 once i had the currency and LOVING it so far. Much faster to clear incursions than using sunder.
Hey Kira, where am i supposed to put desc/vaal breach if i run COMK setup

edit: for bosses i mean
Last edited by Freddydaking on Jun 4, 2018, 9:53:34 AM
First of all, Great guide Kira! I've been using your ngamahu build (as slayer though) for leagues and leagues.

Something to consider strongly for a budget option on chieftains wanting to switch to Ele Overload is to use the new unique jewel linked below in the jewel slot above Devotion. It gives us 500 flat accuracy rating and is incredibly important for raising hit chance before you can afford accuracy jewellery.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Tempered_Mind

It allowed me to gain a chance to hit % from 84 to 89, and the jewel is super cheap. Definitely worth considering during the gearing up phase for budget options.

The build is awesome. Thanks again.
Last edited by MajorM on Jun 4, 2018, 10:41:02 AM
the COMK+VD with desecrate doesnt seem to work on bosses.
I've done about 20 burial chambers, and the desecrated corpses only trigger on add kills (which kinda makes sense)

But when the boss is alone, i dont trigger them. RIP. Cant find a vaal breach on STD atm.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info