[3.7] LL RF Scorching Ray Guardian | 19K ES | 52k Armour|1.5 mil dps| Uber Elder & HoGM DEATHLESS

"
"
Qrafty wrote:
Is this build league starter viable or would it be smarter to start with something like Righteous fire toems + scoring ray totems build for league starter then swap to this.

- Shaper's touche = Shaper drop only (in early league, it's easily cost 1ex) ;
- Memory Vault = Enslaver guardian drop only ;
- Shavronne = T1 drop (even if it's around 20-30c atm, it's more or less 2-3ex in early league) ;

Even if you can replace some item with pure es items (Solaris Lorica for Shavronne ; Martyr's Crown vs Memory Vault), Shaper's Gloves is a core item for this build.

It will be extremly difficult to play this build as a league starter, while many items are only accessible in end game/mapping.

any builds you prefer to start league with that feed into this well?
but this is like mega expnsive build... ;/ not for new league.
"
MourningBlade wrote:
As I said before: Great build. I have invested an enormous amount of currency and time into making this, and I don't think as a casual player I would have ever made it to Lvl94 without it. Of course, most all my other chars are naked now but oh well.

I'm sure there is some room for improvement on my items or skill tree, but this is what I am rocking now:

I can't figure out my exact damage output on POB, but I don't die and I kill stuff so I guess it's good.

I thought about switching boots to Sin Treks, but haven't found a good reason why yet. I also wonder about the helm enchant going to scorching ray damage, just curious.

If anyone could peak at my tree and suggest any improvements I would appreciate it.

Thanks to the OP and the other great contributors that have keep this thread alive!

There is 2-3 possible improvement in your stuff imo :
- Sorrow of the Divine flask is a questionnable choice. Except her extra duration, this flask does not provide extra buff as a white Sulphur flask while we already took Zealoth Oath. A magic Sulphur flask with extra duration and any aliement buff (except anti ignite) would be better in my eyes.
- Your Corpse Eye Opal ring is also a questionnable choice. There is only 3 usefull affixe on it. You should look for a 40+str/40+intell/40+ES/Mana as a base/core ring. It should gives you more usefull buffs imo.
- Your Onslaught Twirl Opal ring does not have a realy usefull mastercraft. Remove the life buff and put a flat cold or light dmg on attack on it. This little affixe will make you proc Elemental Equilibrium when you Shield Charge. This will help you a lot with your clear speed.
- You rare jewels : Some of them does not have a base of stat like this : %ES/%Burning/1 extra dmg affixe (%Fire or %Dot or %global dmg). You should replace them for some jewles like this. If possible, with 8%ES as a base.

In your tree, personnaly, I would do thoses changes in this order :
- Refund Written in blood wheel ;
- Refund 1 node in Dreamer wheel ;
- Refund 1 node in Cruel Preparation life wheel ;
- Take Growth and Decay ;
- Take 2 regen nodes in the regen wheel near Scion start (between Shaper node and the jewel sock node)

This change in your passice tree should lower by 500-600 ES, but brings you to -429 regen life to +94 regen life. So basicaly you should not degen yourself anymore and make this build perfectly working (NB : this regen number are without any buff and after applying the RF degen).

On the ground of dps, right now, you have with EE and vs Shaper :
- 410k SR dps
- 284k RF dps

Do a little change in your gems setup :
- Sell your Enlighten 4 for a 3 ;
- Level your Clarity to lvl 20-21.
This should improve you mana reservation, and so, give you an ES and Armor buff (cf ascendency and your watcher's eye for the ES and cf memory vault for the armor).
"
V400KG wrote:

It's not difficult to run this later in a league, the build is mostly based on abundant uniques. Definitely not a league starter though.
"
V400KG wrote:

Even if this build is not a league starter, you can do it for cheap from the second week in league. This is an example of what you can do for something like 300 chaos : https://pastebin.com/dnSVX7VB
With this you can farm uber lab, and considering there is lowest roll on most items, the stats will be certainly way higher.
Really enjoying this build so dropping a post to say thanks for it. It was feeling great already at lvl 85 without the watchers eye, decent jewels or rings.

Switched while farming for an watchers eye to using a stone golem and Shavronne's Revelation to give plenty of sustain in the meantime. No mana regen so only Lvl 1 SR, CwC, mana leech and shock nova for lowering Res. Animate Guardian with Dyadus off-hand (+100% fire damage taken on enemies it hits) to make up for loss of proper SR on bosses /rares (Guardian aura keep him safe up to T10 maps so far);
Just a quick noob question:

Say I'd want to play this build in next league: what would I be using as aoe skill for leveling up, since I'm not gone go RF before lvl 70 probably? Even at lvl 70, I probably won't have the regen to go RF already.

I don't wanna level as something completely different, like a melee guardian. So, I'm thinking SR/Firestorm or SR/Fireball/GMP, or something?
you can go RF early at lvl 20 with 2x kikazaru, springleaf and shapers seed
Last edited by Sonidox on May 28, 2018, 10:19:44 AM
It's a SR guardian, so nothing prohibits to level with SR without RF.
"
"
MourningBlade wrote:
As I said before: Great build. I have invested an enormous amount of currency and time into making this, and I don't think as a casual player I would have ever made it to Lvl94 without it. Of course, most all my other chars are naked now but oh well.

I'm sure there is some room for improvement on my items or skill tree, but this is what I am rocking now:

I can't figure out my exact damage output on POB, but I don't die and I kill stuff so I guess it's good.

I thought about switching boots to Sin Treks, but haven't found a good reason why yet. I also wonder about the helm enchant going to scorching ray damage, just curious.

If anyone could peak at my tree and suggest any improvements I would appreciate it.

Thanks to the OP and the other great contributors that have keep this thread alive!

There is 2-3 possible improvement in your stuff imo :
- Sorrow of the Divine flask is a questionnable choice. Except her extra duration, this flask does not provide extra buff as a white Sulphur flask while we already took Zealoth Oath. A magic Sulphur flask with extra duration and any aliement buff (except anti ignite) would be better in my eyes.
- Your Corpse Eye Opal ring is also a questionnable choice. There is only 3 usefull affixe on it. You should look for a 40+str/40+intell/40+ES/Mana as a base/core ring. It should gives you more usefull buffs imo.
- Your Onslaught Twirl Opal ring does not have a realy usefull mastercraft. Remove the life buff and put a flat cold or light dmg on attack on it. This little affixe will make you proc Elemental Equilibrium when you Shield Charge. This will help you a lot with your clear speed.
- You rare jewels : Some of them does not have a base of stat like this : %ES/%Burning/1 extra dmg affixe (%Fire or %Dot or %global dmg). You should replace them for some jewles like this. If possible, with 8%ES as a base.

In your tree, personnaly, I would do thoses changes in this order :
- Refund Written in blood wheel ;
- Refund 1 node in Dreamer wheel ;
- Refund 1 node in Cruel Preparation life wheel ;
- Take Growth and Decay ;
- Take 2 regen nodes in the regen wheel near Scion start (between Shaper node and the jewel sock node)

This change in your passice tree should lower by 500-600 ES, but brings you to -429 regen life to +94 regen life. So basicaly you should not degen yourself anymore and make this build perfectly working (NB : this regen number are without any buff and after applying the RF degen).

On the ground of dps, right now, you have with EE and vs Shaper :
- 410k SR dps
- 284k RF dps

Do a little change in your gems setup :
- Sell your Enlighten 4 for a 3 ;
- Level your Clarity to lvl 20-21.
This should improve you mana reservation, and so, give you an ES and Armor buff (cf ascendency and your watcher's eye for the ES and cf memory vault for the armor).

VERY Interesting. Thank you so much for the insight. I will work on this mate, and Thanks for your input in this thread!
-Time to be funny. The world needs funny right now! Warning: "Might" get you muted.

25 Exalts...oh God my stupidity stuck! Now onto 25 Divines...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info