[3.7] LL RF Scorching Ray Guardian | 19K ES | 52k Armour|1.5 mil dps| Uber Elder & HoGM DEATHLESS

here are my updated gears, im able to reach 10.7k ES

but damage is so low. wtf. only 3k dps.
"
EuroPOE wrote:
Just rerolled to this build few days ago, great guide and work LAGROSSESIMONE!!!!!
Around 10K ES, exp rate not so high, shield regen and damage to be improved.
Done up to T16map but struggling on a red elder on add phase.

Can sped few ex on upgrade, while trying to get a watcher's (cannot find below 10ex), any advice would be helpful

Spoiler

I see why you have regen and dmg issues.

Your gold ring have some flat fire dmg. This fuck up your dps because it ruin your EE proc. So basicaly you end up with setup that gives +50 fire res while they should suffer a -25% fire res debuff.

For higher regen you should aim for a Purity of Fire lvl 21 as soon as possible. You are lvl 92, you should looks for lvl 20 aura gems, even fail corrupted version, they are cheap. For min maxing, lvl 21 purity will gives you the better result with this tree (+2% max res instead of +1%).

So to conclud, change your gold ring and exclude from your search the "adds # to # fire dmg to attacks" affixe.
Buy a lvl 21 PoF, and upgrade your aura to lvl 20 gems.

For red Elder, I personnaly use Frost Wall in an Unset ring. It's easy until the last phase with 4 portal. But it's doable. If you struggle a bit, ask a friend some help just to deal with mobs from portal. It's a bit tricky but not impossible.

"
Litoooo wrote:
Hi guys.
[...]
Regards.

I see where and why you are struggling.
You used an old and outdated tree based on a realy high end Watcher's Eye.
I'm not realy confortable too with your jewels choice. Excluding %ES for %Armor does not sound relevant to me.

I would highly suggest you to try this instead : https://pastebin.com/fdWBuX8B (I only did a quick correction about your tree).
This tree consist in droping a bit of ES and armour in order to have higher max resistance and higher regen. As an example you win over 600 positive net life regen with this tree and start to sustain RF without any sort of situationnal buff (flask, boots enchant, etc.).

On the ground of the stuff, I see few things that can clearly be improved :
- Your rings :
a. First ring with the following stats :
40+str
40+intel
45+dex (if you want to plays Presence of chayula)
40+ES OR 60+ Mana
space to master craft ES or Mana left.
b. Second ring with the following stats :
40+str
40+intel
40+ES (can be mastercrafted)
60+ Mana (can be mastercrafted
adds # to # cold/light dmg to attacks (preferably the stat you should master craft).

-Your jewels :
%ES
%Burning
1 extra dps affixe (%fire or %dot or %dmg)

- Your Belt : https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Delve/ZY7zp6tQ
Looks for Str/ES/cold res/T1 %ES recovery rate. The master craft can be on cold res (best solution) or on flat ES.

With stuff modification and the right tree : https://pastebin.com/iR32YGXC
You will get almost same ES as before, a huge regen boost (you end up at 600+ net life regen while you where at something like -260 net life regen without any buff), and higher res. You dps should not suffer too much about this changes.

If you can keep your ex, I would highly recommand you to save them for this kind of Watcher's Eye : https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Delve/3nXMqJh5

"
babsbegood wrote:
Just respec to the build on level 70(at 75 now), and get some basic gear to start, also did merc lab and get rid of degen, currently with 5k ES, you guys have any idea on what should i aim next?

My gear:

Spoiler

The rings are provisory since i've just droped kikazaru's
Im planning to get better rolled gloves and helmet later.

Upgrading possibility :
- Get your hand on unique with higher rolls (Memory Vault, Doon, Prism) ;
- Get a pair of Sin trek with high ES roll, they will be better than your current boots.
- Looks for rings as described in my answer to the previous message. All advice to those guys is relevant to you.
Right now, your top priority should be to get lvl 20 aura gems, and a solid positive life regen while you are under RF. Rest is only grinding level, and get the proper stuff.

"
kazeshi wrote:
drop the astramentis, i dont know why everyone is asking for advice when they still have an easy upgrade like this, chayula ammy gives 94.5 net regen and 254 es more than your amulet along with chaos res and cannot be stunned at the cost of 3.7% dps. Astramentis are a great starter amulet but leave them behind when you can.

The reason behind this is just math.
Chayula is BiS for a certain level of gear. But for budget as you mention, Astramantis is better. And there is also a second situation where Chayula lose her BiS statute. When you reach 17+k ES and you minmax the Mana guardian orientation. In this specific situation, Astramantis or, even better, Eyes of the Greatwolf will makes Chayula looks like dogshit.

You should look about the Delve ladderboard for Guardian RF. Those who hit the highest ES and the deepest Delve level are using this build orientation.

But yeah, for most people who are using a mid range budget, Chayula will be BiS. But it's not a specific rule for this build.

"
mqta1964 wrote:
here are my updated gears, im able to reach 10.7k ES

but damage is so low. wtf. only 3k dps.

Ok, so I imported your character in PoB. Here is the pastebin : https://pastebin.com/yr8WEBG8

You are struggling because you are not following the build requirement.

So I will explain it step to step.

I. The stuff :
First I will not consider the poorly rolled common unique. You should be able to do a quick search for higher rolls and replace them by yourself.

There is only 5 items modification that you should do :
1. The rings (I copy/past what I said before) :

a. First ring with the following stats :
40+str
40+intel
45+dex (if you want to plays Presence of chayula)
40+ES OR 60+ Mana
space to master craft ES or Mana left.

b. Second ring with the following stats :
40+str
40+intel
40+ES (can be mastercrafted)
60+ Mana (can be mastercrafted
adds # to # cold/light dmg to attacks (preferably the stat you should master craft).

2. The belt (Again I copy/past what I said previously in this message) :
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Delve/ZY7zp6tQ
Looks for Str/ES/cold res/T1 %ES recovery rate. The master craft can be on cold res (best solution) or on flat ES.

3. The gloves :
Just buy this : https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Delve/Pw6MzmHL
If you don't understand why I suggest you to buy this instead of yours, it's because of the corruption +2 AOE/Aura gems. This item is a slot where we sock some aura gems. This +2 level buff to aura will buff the aura, and while I see you have some lvl 21 purity aura, you should be able to get lvl 23 purity aura. It's important because a lvl 23 purity will provide you +2% max resistance instead of a +1%.

4. The jewels :
%ES
%Burning
1 extra dps affixe (%fire or %dot or %dmg)

5. The flasks :

a. Flasks type :
- 1 Witchfirebrew ;
- 1 Sulphure flask ;
- 1 or 2 Ruby flask ;
- 1 Quicksilver flask ;
- 1 Sapphir flask (keep it in your invertory for specifics fight like Elder, Shaper, etc.) ;

b. Flask mods :
Note : You can have 2 type of mods on magical flasks, 1 prefixe, and 1 suffixe.
* Prefixe :
Few prefixe are usefull for this build :
- %increased flask charge recovery ;
- %increased flask duration.
* Suffixes (this part is EXTERMLY IMPORTANT) :
- 1 Anti-Freeze (MANDATORY) ;
- 1 Anti-Bleed (MANDATORY) ;
- 1 Anti-Curse ;
- 1 Move speed buff (on Quicksilver only) ;

II. The tree :

Just copy/past this tree.
Take +2 skill point bandit reward. And that's it.

Note : If you do not follow this tree and still using your current tree, the build won't work.

III. The gems setup :
You should follow the exact gems setup described below. Otherwise the build won't work. If you come here and whine because you are doing only 3k dps with only a RF gems without support, it's because you're doing it wrong.

There is 2 possibility here. A 6L for your Vaal Righteous Fire, of a 6L for your Scorching Ray. 6L RF is for delve over 300-350. 6L Scorching Ray is for rest of the game.

6L Scorching Ray :
Spoiler
1. The 6L :
- Scorching Ray ;
- Burning damage ;
- Controled Destruction support ;
- Elemental Focus ;
- Efficacy support ;
- Swift Afflication support.

2. The 3L setups :
This only concerne your weapon and Shield. Remeber that the gems in your Shield MUST be socketed in this item. They cannot be moved on an other slot.

a. Prism Guardian :
- Purity of Fire (lvl 21) ;
- Determination ;
- Purity of Ice.

b. Doon :
- Shield Charge ;
- Faster Attacks support ;
- Fortify support.

3. The 4L setups :
At the exception of Shaper's Touch, you can place your 4L setup freely between your helmet and your boots.

a. Shaper's Touch :
- Enlighten lvl 2 ;
- Discipline ;
- Vitality ;
- Purity of Lightning.

b. General 4L :
# RF :
- Vaal Righteous Fire ;
- Burning damage support ;
- Elemental Focus ;
- Concentrated Effect OR Increase Area of Effect (you swith those two gems considering the fight (AOE = clear speed for map / Conc Effect = Boss killing))

# Clarity-Orb of Storm setup :
- Clarity ;
- Orb of Storm ;
- Arcane Surge support lvl 7 max ;
- Increased Critical Strike Support.

6L Vaal Righteous Fire
Spoiler
1. The 6L :
- Vaal Righteous Fire ;
- Burning damage support ;
- Elemental Focus ;
- Arcane Surge support ;
- Swift Afflication support ;
- Concentrated Effect OR Increase Area of Effect (you swith those two gems considering the fight (AOE = clear speed for map / Conc Effect = Boss killing))

2. The 3L setups :
This only concerne your weapon and Shield. Remeber that the gems in your Shield MUST be socketed in this item. They cannot be moved on an other slot.

a. Prism Guardian :
- Purity of Fire (lvl 21) ;
- Determination ;
- Purity of Ice.

b. Doon :
- Scorching Ray ;
- Burning Damage ;
- Elemental Focus.

3. The 4L setups :
At the exception of Shaper's Touch, you can place your 4L setup freely between your helmet and your boots.

a. Shaper's Touch :
- Enlighten lvl 2 ;
- Discipline ;
- Vitality ;
- Purity of Lightning.

b. General 4L :
# Move Skill setup :
- Shield Charge ;
- Faster Attacks support ;
- Fortify support ;
- Added Cold/Lightning damage support (only if you don't have a source of flat cold or light dmg to attacks on rings. If you do have on, this sock is free for what you need (a curse, a golem, enduring cry, etc.)

# Clarity-Orb of Storm setup :
- Clarity ;
- Orb of Storm ;
- Arcane Surge support lvl 7 max ;
- Increased Critical Strike Support.

So now, follow exactly this. And when you did exactly this, if you still have problems, come back here for help.
Last edited by LAGROSSESIMONE on Oct 24, 2018, 5:06:03 AM
"
The reason behind this is just math.
Chayula is BiS for a certain level of gear. But for budget as you mention, Astramantis is better. And there is also a second situation where Chayula lose her BiS statute. When you reach 17+k ES and you minmax the Mana guardian orientation. In this specific situation, Astramantis or, even better, Eyes of the Greatwolf will makes Chayula looks like dogshit.

You should look about the Delve ladderboard for Guardian RF. Those who hit the highest ES and the deepest Delve level are using this build orientation.

But yeah, for most people who are using a mid range budget, Chayula will be BiS. But it's not a specific rule for this build.

You think an astramentis can beat out a well rolled shaper amulet? my testing has shown if i want to take this build to the extremes astramentis is just plain not the way to min/max it. It is a starter amulets with chayula for mid/late stages and shaper amulets for the extreme.

A well rolled shaper amulet beats out a chayula by a few hundred es/ 50+ regen and several % dmg.

A mirror tier one can be 500+es 100+regen and 20%+dmg. astramentis cannot hold up to this at all, it is a starter amulet for this build.

as for eyes of the great wolf, i know they can be good but i have no real experience in theory crafting with them since ive never had them and they are so rare and random.
"
kazeshi wrote:
You think an astramentis can beat out a well rolled shaper amulet? my testing has shown if i want to take this build to the extremes astramentis is just plain not the way to min/max it. It is a starter amulets with chayula for mid/late stages and shaper amulets for the extreme.

A well rolled shaper amulet beats out a chayula by a few hundred es/ 50+ regen and several % dmg.

A mirror tier one can be 500+es 100+regen and 20%+dmg. astramentis cannot hold up to this at all, it is a starter amulet for this build.

as for eyes of the great wolf, i know they can be good but i have no real experience in theory crafting with them since ive never had them and they are so rare and random.

My last message was probably not as clear as it should be.

Chayula is a superbe amulet, without any doubt. But it's not the BiS amulet in every situation. It's a BiS for every player that follow this build and are at a mid range budget (from 2 to 25ex). But once you enter in the min max range, there is some way better choices. By far.

Also, there is some build that chose a slightly different build orientation. They maximize the mana guardian orientation that alow them to reach extremly high ES pool. This orientation is massivly represented in the top Delve ladderboard.
And for those build and this orientation, Astramantis is way much better than Chayula. They will end with higher stats with Astra than with Chayula and for way much cheaper.

The problem with the Shaper amulet (mostly with %inc attributes) is that it's extremly difficult to found one with the proper affixes architecture. It's even almost impossible. And I'm not even talking about the proper affixe architecture with the high roll. I just saw 1 or 2 in my search on the whole realm in the past leagues. And those amu was not for trade (and if they was, they would have been for mirror service). So the price would have make them absolutly unaffordable for me an 99% of players.
Most players in the top Delve ladderboard who play a rare amulet are playing some "meh" amulet. Those should cost some exalt, and provide at the very best 3, or 4 of the proper affixes. So maybe they are better than Chayula but they will probably be much more expensive, which make them not necessarly a wise choice, especialy regarding the ratio "buff/cost" of Astramantis which is one of the most unbeatable for this build. But for their build orientation, Astramantis will cush Chayula without any doubt.

All of this to say, yeah Chayula is an excellent amulet. BiS for most of us. But it's more because most of us are not in the min-maxed range yet. And also because the upgrade possibility are extremly expensive. The only situation where the upgrade worth the currency invested is with Eyes of the Greatwolf.

And on this point I did some theorycrafting session with this build. And considering the Delve SC market, I tried to build a min-maxed version of this build (400k RF dmg / 800k SR dmg /1.8M dmg VRF / 19kES / 1.3k net regen / 60+k armour / 84/83/84res) with a 1-2 mirror budget. This version was highly relying on the %inc attributes affixe. And I tried to use a proper rolled but not even perfect Eyes of the Greatwolf. In comparaison of Chayula this not even perfect Eyes of the Greatwolf provided me those stat buffs :
- +14.2% more dps
- +9.4% mana
- +8.9% ES (over 1500 flat ES lol)
- +347 net life regen
- +32% defense.

And I would like to add it even surpass a fully perfect shaper amulet with those stats :
+55 str
+55 intel
+51 ES
+22% inc max ES
+78 Mana
+12% inc attributes
"
kazeshi wrote:

My advice would be to save up and buy the eye.

"

I see why you have regen and dmg issues.

Thank you both for the great suggestions!!!

I'll surely change the ring and upgrade/level aura gems.

For the belt, I have to roll a shaped crystal or also a base one is better than a heavy belt with ES regen?

"
EuroPOE wrote:
For the belt, I have to roll a shaped crystal or also a base one is better than a heavy belt with ES regen?

2 possibility :
Crystal belt or heavy belt.
Crystal belt is excellent in terme of stats implicit but are realy rare and so, expensive.
Heavy belt have, imo a better potential for min max, and are realy common. So it's easy to find a ilvl 84+ for cheap.

Personnaly I highly recommand heavy belt.
i have done this, missing orbs of storm and clarity(out of mana). dps shown in game is only 10k dps. pls help. my skill tree is a bit modified, with one missing jewel slot. PST.
Last edited by mqta1964 on Oct 24, 2018, 10:34:41 AM
Hi Guys,

I've been following another (similar) guide for a LL RF Guardian, but the thread is dead and I don't know what to improve. I've done most of the content with it except Uber Atziri and Uber elder.

How can I link my character for you to check? :)

Thanks in advance, this is my first ever post
ur build is similar to mine ;d
Thanks mqta1964, any ideas where to improve? The DPS is a bit on the low side and I can run out of juice in encounters like Uber elder

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info