[3.2] How to clear 157/157 maps w/ Frostbolt Inquisitor [Updated for Bestiary league]

"
ZenkoAsMs wrote:
Hey first off, thank you for the time and effort you have put into this guide. I currently am playing it on Bestiary SC and really enjoying it. I have a question for you though:

In your build you have Frostbolt > Spell Echo > Cold to Fire, Controlled Destruction > Empower > Elemental Focus.

I understand why you are using those but my question is what would you use in place of Empower until I get a 3+ Empower?

Edit:
Something I forgot to ask about as well is Warlord's Mark. It is impossible for me to run it as blasphemy currently so I have been running it on Herald of Ice with out Elemental focus. Due to lack of mana for Mind over Matter I am forced to put it on curse on hit. What would you run in place of Elemental focus?

I do understand it is a huge damage loss but until I can get a Warlord's ring I don't see any other way to get the leech + endurance charges as running two auras would kill MoM.
Glad you like it. Empower is only beneficial in combination with Skin of the Loyal (or +1 corrupted Tabula Rasa), so use Increased Critical Strikes instead.

The Warlord's Mark setup is primarily used to assure some sort of sustain at bosses. You don't really need it while mapping, which makes a herald of ice setup pretty much useless. Also keep in mind that the damage boost from it is marginal.

Another thing I noticed: don't use fire to cold when you're trying to freeze. Use either ice bite for mapping or added cold for bossing.
Hello, tried out the warlord's mark set up. it feels kind of better, however i think i have too little mana now.(35% reservation from blasphemy). any tips on getting more mana?
"
SgArxen wrote:
Hello, tried out the warlord's mark set up. it feels kind of better, however i think i have too little mana now.(35% reservation from blasphemy). any tips on getting more mana?

You can use Atziri's Foible until you can afford better gear (Rares with Mana, Elder ring with Warlord's Mark).
Great guide. I started with a different tree for Frostbolt but transitioning to yours - feels better already and still leveling.
"
sonicReducer wrote:
Great guide. I started with a different tree for Frostbolt but transitioning to yours - feels better already and still leveling.
Thank you very much. Also to everybody else, who's playing the build. Sometimes I'm way too focused on answering questions, that I forget to say thanks. So thanks.

Good luck and have fun with the new league. :)
Hey, managed to farm up 300~ C + with it so far, barely in to Atlas (93/157)

I just bought a decent Warlrod's ring, have 200+ C left, what would you say is the best way to spend it?

My character should be up to date if you check my profile, ThePancakeMan is the character

I was thinking 2 socket Bubonic's (they're 30 C now, Standard Bestiary)

Then get nice abyss jewel's to fill it, and obviously need to change 1 of my rings and the amulet to keep res capped with the new Warlord's ring (has life, 29 fire res, and will enchant another res once I see what items I can buy)

Or is 2 socket Bubonic's not worth it anymore?

Are there any other uniques you can think of that would be immediate upgrades?

Guessing I should upgrade my weapon to a good rare yellow over my Divinarius too?

Thanks again
"
Hey, managed to farm up 300~ C + with it so far, barely in to Atlas (93/157)

I just bought a decent Warlrod's ring, have 200+ C left, what would you say is the best way to spend it?

My character should be up to date if you check my profile, ThePancakeMan is the character

I was thinking 2 socket Bubonic's (they're 30 C now, Standard Bestiary)

Then get nice abyss jewel's to fill it, and obviously need to change 1 of my rings and the amulet to keep res capped with the new Warlord's ring (has life, 29 fire res, and will enchant another res once I see what items I can buy)

Or is 2 socket Bubonic's not worth it anymore?

Are there any other uniques you can think of that would be immediate upgrades?

Guessing I should upgrade my weapon to a good rare yellow over my Divinarius too?

Thanks again
Damn, two socketed Bubonics are huge, if you have all the right jewels. I'm kinda jealous now, that I never had the chance to use them. Replace Flame Dash with VLT or put it in your 2nd weapon slot. You should get some offensive flasks. Divinarius is really good for how cheap it is. A lvl. 21 Frostbolt is also pretty huge.
i dont quite get it, whats the point of herald of ice when we use elemental focus? you cant shatter with ele focus no? "cannot inflict elemental ailments" ?
"
idrgz wrote:
i dont quite get it, whats the point of herald of ice when we use elemental focus? you cant shatter with ele focus no? "cannot inflict elemental ailments" ?
Adds cold damage to spells, but feel free to use Clear Mind instead. I did some testing and preferred Herald of Ice though.
Last edited by amstafff on Mar 8, 2018, 3:02:20 PM
"
amstafff wrote:
Also to everybody else, who's playing the build. Sometimes I'm way too focused on answering questions, that I forget to say thanks. So thanks.

Good luck and have fun with the new league. :)

Amid all the rage in the forum/reddit thank you for your guide and the quick answers here in the thread :) having fun with it.

Right now going for the MoM/mana notes and see how it goes then with the kinda squishiness. Total life *0,428 = the unreserved mana I need is about right?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info