[3.3] All Uniques Whispering Ice - 2ex Total (All Content, Shaper/Elder Deathless)

For the watcher's eye...if we just got one with the life leech and used a potion to cure freeze...is that ok? Or maybe there is some other way to do freeze immunity? very hard to find the jewel with both stats.

Also, How many Auras are we actually running at ONE Time....For some reason I don't have enough LIFE to reserve Grace...but I have enough to reserve purity of elements and purity of ice. I have 1211 Life Reserved and that only leaves me with 50....is this ok?

Thank you all in advance
Last edited by Alavar on Jul 8, 2018, 11:01:45 PM
"
Alavar wrote:
For the watcher's eye...if we just got one with the life leech and used a potion to cure freeze...is that ok?

Yes, but you will probably want to swap to one with freeze immunity when you can. With low life, you will be very susceptible to status ailments.

"
Alavar wrote:
Also, How many Auras are we actually running at ONE Time....For some reason I don't have enough LIFE to reserve Grace

You will be running 7 - all 4 purity auras, clarity, vitality, and discipline. You won't use grace as a reserved normal aura, only for vaal grace.

50 life is fine (more than you should have really), you want as much ES as you can get though.
Ok so now I am in a strange situation...I have two watchers eyes.

One has 26 energy shield on hit

the other i divined 3 times and got 1.44% damage leeched with vitality

BOTH have immune to freeze

Which one will keep me alive...better?

My first thought was the Damage leeched while using vitality...

Thanks again to all who lend their time!

-Alavar The Bold
"
Alavar wrote:
Ok so now I am in a strange situation...I have two watchers eyes.
One has 26 energy shield on hit
the other i divined 3 times and got 1.44% damage leeched with vitality
BOTH have immune to freeze
Which one will keep me alive...better?
My first thought was the Damage leeched while using vitality...
Thanks again to all who lend their time!
-Alavar The Bold

The advantages and disadvantages of both have been discussed a few times in this thread - scroll through for a more detailed answer. Short answer:

Leach on hit with vitality gives more over all ES than ES on hit, but it's not instant as it is with ES on hit. Also with leach on hit you must spec into ghost reaver which can be a point spent elsewhere if you run ES on hit. Your ES recharge is halved with ghost reaver, including the recharge with vaal discipline. Both are good, but in the end, it's your decision.
(First, sorry for my ~english)

Thanks for the build, loving it so far !
I had some trouble through leveling (mostly because I'm not good at leveling), but once 62 it was a peace of cake.
Killing a yellow tier elder at level 69 without breaking a sweat was a good feeling :)

Quick question though... On my watcher's eye, I got a "% faster start of Energy Shield Recharge while affected by Discipline" along my vitality leech stat, is it good or should I look for another watcher's eye ?
And if I'm looking for another watcher's eye... I understood that both discipline leech and vitality leech has their advantages and disadvantages... but purely speaking for boss killing, is there anyone better than the other one ? (my bet would be on the vitality leech cause single target ES on hit with discipline seems kinda meh, even with the multiple hits... but I could be wrong as I haven't tested it myself).
Also, I read that Uber Elder is tricky with the build because you have to move constantly... does a dual leech watcher's eye (vitality leech + discipline leech) could help with sustain or is the problem being one-shot ?
"
Galehann wrote:

I had some trouble through leveling (mostly because I'm not good at leveling), but once 62 it was a peace of cake.
Killing a yellow tier elder at level 69 without breaking a sweat was a good feeling :)

Quick question though... On my watcher's eye, I got a "% faster start of Energy Shield Recharge while affected by Discipline" along my vitality leech stat, is it good or should I look for another watcher's eye ?
And if I'm looking for another watcher's eye... I understood that both discipline leech and vitality leech has their advantages and disadvantages... but purely speaking for boss killing, is there anyone better than the other one ? (my bet would be on the vitality leech cause single target ES on hit with discipline seems kinda meh, even with the multiple hits... but I could be wrong as I haven't tested it myself).
Also, I read that Uber Elder is tricky with the build because you have to move constantly... does a dual leech watcher's eye (vitality leech + discipline leech) could help with sustain or is the problem being one-shot ?

The watcher's eye you have is pretty nice. You will need a freeze flask though. The immune to freeze is a pretty big deal with this build since you are low life. Even with the watcher's eye and freeze immunity and running fully upgraded brine king major pantheon, I'm still constantly chilled. Without the watcher's eye freeze immunity you will be constantly frozen (in a lot of cases).

As for which one you want to run for life recovery, go with which one suits you best. I prefer ES on hit for multiple reasons stated in this thread. I find the only threat to the build is large spike damage for which either watcher's eye will not in the immediate short term really help with. When I get spiked I prefer to have a strong vaal discipline, but again, it's my preference.

Uber Elder is difficult on this build, yes. The problem isn't so much sustain as it is doing damage. Since you're channeling, it's difficult to constantly move and channel damage. With a few bosses, namely phoenix, I get around this by using spell cascade instead of conc. effect. The fight takes longer, but is much more comfortable because I can move around him while dropping damage everywhere which is always hitting (good for add control too). For uber elder I tried this strategy and it's simply not enough damage. It's likely possible, but it would take a lot of practice.
Last edited by Barzhal on Jul 10, 2018, 3:38:39 PM
Just wondering why in your gear do you have two different Discipline gems?
Edit: nvm i got around the problem.
Last edited by Aoki4 on Jul 10, 2018, 5:26:35 PM
"
Barzhal wrote:
"
Galehann wrote:

The watcher's eye you have is pretty nice. You will need a freeze flask though. The immune to freeze is a pretty big deal with this build since you are low life. Even with the watcher's eye and freeze immunity and running fully upgraded brine king major pantheon, I'm still constantly chilled. Without the watcher's eye freeze immunity you will be constantly frozen (in a lot of cases).

As for which one you want to run for life recovery, go with which one suits you best. I prefer ES on hit for multiple reasons stated in this thread. I find the only threat to the build is large spike damage for which either watcher's eye will not in the immediate short term really help with. When I get spiked I prefer to have a strong vaal discipline, but again, it's my preference.

Uber Elder is difficult on this build, yes. The problem isn't so much sustain as it is doing damage. Since you're channeling, it's difficult to constantly move and channel damage. With a few bosses, namely phoenix, I get around this by using spell cascade instead of conc. effect. The fight takes longer, but is much more comfortable because I can move around him while dropping damage everywhere which is always hitting (good for add control too). For uber elder I tried this strategy and it's simply not enough damage. It's likely possible, but it would take a lot of practice.

Thanks for your answer !
I also got a immune freeze / immune chill ground / es on hit watcher's eye, I really don't know which one to take... :D this new one though would allow me to have another flask (immune poison maybe?)
"
Ramasama wrote:
Just wondering why in your gear do you have two different Discipline gems?

If you want to link a vaal discpline to increased duration you can't use it for the discpline aura as well because it will reserve more mana than you have.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info