[3.1] Poet's Pen / Volatile Dead | 3.5m+Shaper DPS

"
Mahjiza wrote:
"
ArkanePanda wrote:
"
I heard that the bug occurs as long as it's over 3.82 or 84 so best to keep it under till GGG fixes it and also remember to take frenzy charge into account if you haven't

Edit: Found this on another thread

IMPORTANT: currently there's a bug/problem that prevents correct rotation of spell if you get too close to 4aps, hopefully this should get fixed "soon". In the meantime try to stay below 3.82 attacks per second, play around with passives, items and jewels to achieve it. It seems to be related to your latency too, so it might be slightly different for you.
With my testing, starting from 3.99 to 3.86 the bug always happens (it gets more and more rare the further away from 4aps you are). I tested at 3.99 3.97 3.96 3.92 3.87 3.86aps; with precisely 3.82aps everything seems to go as intended.

Any easy way to calculate with frenzy charges up? I didn't account for them :/

You could import your character into PoB and tick frenzy charges and check there or just have your character screen up with frenzy selected and go to blood aqueduct or something and get your charges up and check your APS

I'm at 4.72 APS with 3 frenzy charges
And at 3.83 APS without frenzy charges (since i removed the 3x4% APS nodes.

Here's by PoB link: https://pastebin.com/VAS68PTn[/quote]

You are sitting at 4.88 APS
With no cool down gear you want under 4 APS I beleive there is a small inconsistency due to lag when you are close to that number 3.82 is the number I believe was said earlier.
My Suggestion to you would be to attempt to craft a Stygian Vise with Cooldown recovery.
The base of an Ilvl 80+ stygian vise shaper is something like 3ex and should cost about 2ex to craft something adequate.

That will allow you to attack somewhere in the neighborhood of 4.6 APS 4.5 to be safe. You can then drop The coordination passive tree node and quality on your Culling strike bringing your APS to 4.48 to maximize your DPS.

https://pastebin.com/VAS68PTn
Pastebin with level 90 passive points(Just to make sure it works into endgame)
Also make sure you have Vaal Lightning trap in your links somewhere its a large amount of damage.

Is it worth trying to go low crit, elemental overload?

Looking for a better alternative with plenty life, defenses and no worry about leech?

Check my profile. Copy this. I melt bosses up to t15. Face tank the bodd on reef.

It does require good management of enduring cry to heal when you take a big hit or use of forbidden taste if you don't have acuities or vp in t16.

I don't use aspect of carnage =) everything else in zerker though. There are some similar to my build but they want to use expensive shit like critical multiplier... unnecessary. I'm so close to +1 curse but recently unspecced it for more ele damage. Flammability from frenzy coc gmp works well in elder gloves with faster attacks mod.

There is still tons of room to improve on my gear and it's less expensive than inquisitor with warlord coh ring or cwdt etc.

I promise if you try this setup you will melt bosses and have very few deaths. I'm almost 93 with 83 deaths.
Running the build now, so far so good..
Trying out bodyswap to see, its damn fun!

Also, OP, can u chek my items to see if theres something to change ?

Note: 1 ring, imma going to change to opal, just waiting to get lv 80
"

With no cool down gear you want under 4 APS I beleive there is a small inconsistency due to lag when you are close to that number 3.82 is the number I believe was said earlier.
My Suggestion to you would be to attempt to craft a Stygian Vise with Cooldown recovery.
The base of an Ilvl 80+ stygian vise shaper is something like 3ex and should cost about 2ex to craft something adequate.

That will allow you to attack somewhere in the neighborhood of 4.6 APS 4.5 to be safe. You can then drop The coordination passive tree node and quality on your Culling strike bringing your APS to 4.48 to maximize your DPS.

Also make sure you have Vaal Lightning trap in your links somewhere its a large amount of damage.

Do i need 15% on belt & boots? Just crafted a "ok" belt with 12%. Reroll it with divine?
"
Mahjiza wrote:
"

Do i need 15% on belt & boots? Just crafted a "ok" belt with 12%. Reroll it with divine?

That math was done with 1 CD reduction piece 15%

.25 APS * .85 = .2125 or 4.7 APS

With 2 pieces

.25 APS * .85 * .85 = .180625 or 5.53 APS (Your not going to scale past this without some serious investment) I sit at 5.19 works perfectly fine for me
This build feels great. With the num lock trick to attack in place bodyswap gets very very good.

How important do you feel about the flask duration node? I'm not lv 90 yet and they are on the tree.
"
xikorita wrote:
This build feels great. With the num lock trick to attack in place bodyswap gets very very good.

How important do you feel about the flask duration node? I'm not lv 90 yet and they are on the tree.

Can you explain the trick please?
Edit: Figured it out. Intresting thing) Btw OP, thank you for detailed answer on my previous question.
Last edited by ytko on Jan 15, 2018, 7:24:35 AM
"
xikorita wrote:

Not needed I recently took them out
"
Defnotblack wrote:
"
xikorita wrote:

Not needed I recently took them out

can u check my gear/tree ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info