[3.1] Poet's Pen / Volatile Dead | 3.5m+Shaper DPS

"
Tobinator wrote:
how do u leech

I use a watcher's eye jewel with the mod

1-1.5% of fire damage leached as life while affected by anger

This is not a requirement for the build to function it's just nice Atziri's promise is enough leach for all mapping/endgame bosses.

What do you think about other spell, like Glacia Cascade or Bladefall?

About reflect, I think you can get 100% reduced reflect damage now with new shaper mod on ring and body armour

Edit: I just try the build and run into mana regen problem, how can you solve this?
Last edited by H0X9 on Jan 11, 2018, 1:28:57 PM
"
Tobinator wrote:
how do u leech

With a jewel for 20ex :D
"
Defnotblack wrote:
"
darktuga wrote:
how much of a dps decrease is it to play this build without enchant and cooldown recovery? i wnana try this build but dont wanna sink in much currency at the start

The Lack of Cooldown gear is minimal you just scale less attack speed and more towards spell/fire damage. I would say about 7-9% damage loss there

The helm enchant for simplicity's sake is 25% of a damage loss. It does however vary because of corpse explosion and overlaps with 4 corpses sometimes you'll miss an explosion or 2 on the boss making it closer to 20% damage.

For refrence:

Budget Gear Under 5ex Just remove CD rolls on gear

Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/26hC5RuB

3.97 APS
125k Average Damage VD
55k Average Damage Corpse Explosion
3 VD explosions

3.97 * (125,000 + 55,000) * 3 = 2.1m shaper DPS actual damage loss of about 40%

You may not 1 phase shaper at this level of DPS but it would be close. Would not be a hard fight

thx 4 the anwser going to try this build and if i do have fun i will invest more into it
"
H0X9 wrote:

About reflect, I think you can get 100% reduced reflect damage now with new shaper mod on ring and body armour

Edit: I just try the build and run into mana regen problem, how can you solve this?

Other spells are viable. I have not done that Path of building numbers but I do know Bladefall is Vastly Superior for map clear but lacks single target.

You could however use an offhand poet's Pen setup with Bladefall/spell cascade/controlled destruction and unearth/bondyswap/faster proj. I will test the setup and post a short clip for you if it works out.

https://youtu.be/FgIp644PcTk

Lvl 19 bladefall Level 1 other gems just a proof of cencept

I prefer the Map clear on Volatile dead off screen just feels clean but the movement with unearth/bodyswap/faster proj was really nice.

Last edited by Defnotblack on Jan 11, 2018, 4:34:56 PM
"
Defnotblack wrote:
"
H0X9 wrote:

Other spells are viable. I have not done that Path of building numbers but I do know Bladefall is Vastly Superior for map clear but lacks single target.

You could however use an offhand poet's Pen setup with Bladefall/spell cascade/controlled destruction and unearth/bondyswap/faster proj. I will test the setup and post a short clip for you if it works out.

https://youtu.be/FgIp644PcTk

Lvl 19 bladefall Level 1 other gems just a proof of cencept

I prefer the Map clear on Volatile dead off screen just feels clean but the movement with unearth/bodyswap/faster proj was really nice.

Tks for your quick test, i think bodyswap is clunky cause of unearth targeting issue
why the boots need Cooldown Recovery?
Could I use a watcher's eye with damage leech from vitality rather than anger till I can afford one? Will it be a huge difference?(I can't afford the VD enchant either)
"
ArkanePanda wrote:
Could I use a watcher's eye with damage leech from vitality rather than anger till I can afford one? Will it be a huge difference?(I can't afford the VD enchant either)

You can absolutely. Damage wise it isn't that much of a difference.

The Helm enchant is a lot more important. Maybe just use a cheaper helmet base to be able to afford it
Last edited by Rake7 on Jan 12, 2018, 9:16:04 AM
"
Rake7 wrote:
"
ArkanePanda wrote:

You can absolutely. Damage wise it isn't that much of a difference.

The Helm enchant is a lot more important. Maybe just use a cheaper helmet base to be able to afford it

Thank You =D I'll try to get the helm enchant first then, it's about 6ex on devoto's which apparently is the cheapest base. Will upgrade to a anger watcher's eye in the future then

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info