[3.12] KissMeQuick's Gladiator Reave: REBORN — T19 100% Maps & A8 Sirus Deathless — Starter friendly

And now I have another question :P By the way, just got multistrike, it's basically night and day. Build went from a reliable fairly tanky character to a fireworks display (still can't seem to use blood rage though). Feels so darn good now.

The ascendancy node that offers the charges, how important would you say it is? I'm currently loving the perma-blind against bosses from the first node you recommended, and having to remember to place the totem is kind of obnoxious, not to mention it can get slaughtered. How bad would it be to keep the blind node and replace the totem with something else? Or are the charges that important? Not even sure what I would replace the totem with honestly...I guess the problem is we also use it for the attack speed buff =/

Just curious is all.

I'm a little tempted to try out the shield version simply because I would like to be at or near max block without relying on Rumi and a potentially expensive block enchant on weapon, but I also noticed that about 50% of your dps comes from potions in the shield version...might end up sacrificing way too much damage just to not need a Rumi, and it's not like the duel wield version has low block...

I make myself nuts <3
Last edited by sutasafaia on May 16, 2018, 6:18:02 PM
"
5. No, I have already a different aura/curse setup that I use, I just haven't managed to update it yet, I'll do it today or so.

I'm really curious about the different setup you use don't wanna pressure you to update the guide but i'm looking forward to it
this build looks interesting. might want to try it as my league starter for 3.3 assuming nothing in the patch notes kills it. I need something I can run through the acts with and generate some currency asap
"
sutasafaia wrote:

I'm a little tempted to try out the shield version simply because I would like to be at or near max block without relying on Rumi and a potentially expensive block enchant on weapon, but I also noticed that about 50% of your dps comes from potions in the shield version...might end up sacrificing way too much damage just to not need a Rumi, and it's not like the duel wield version has low block...

I'm doing well with the shield version. I'm in the square in Act 5. It's not the fastest build, but since I'm SSFHC I go slow anyway :)

I've only been to Act 5 and beyond once, so I'll see how it holds up when I don't know the mechanics of the fights!
"
slice99 wrote:
"
sutasafaia wrote:

I'm doing well with the shield version. I'm in the square in Act 5. It's not the fastest build, but since I'm SSFHC I go slow anyway :)

I've only been to Act 5 and beyond once, so I'll see how it holds up when I don't know the mechanics of the fights!

Are you following the PoB exactly? When I was in there I noticed that it has no movement skill listed, and next league the crab buff will be gone as well (although I'm not sure just how big that will really hit the build).

I wish I was good enough at building to figure out a way to modify this build into not having a reliance (reliance may not be the best word here) on flasks, totem, or on-kill effects. I'm having a ton of fun, and I feel tankier than my old cyclone setups, but a few tweaks would make it feel so much better for me personally. More than likely though anything I tried to do in that direction would utterly destroy the builds ability to actually do content at a reasonable pace, let alone things like ubers. I already know I don't know enough about the mechanics and interactions in this game to do it properly.
Last edited by sutasafaia on May 16, 2018, 8:08:55 PM
"
sutasafaia wrote:
"
slice99 wrote:
"
sutasafaia wrote:

Are you following the PoB exactly? When I was in there I noticed that it has no movement skill listed, and next league the crab buff will be gone as well (although I'm not sure just how big that will really hit the build).

I wish I was good enough at building to figure out a way to modify this build into not having a reliance (reliance may not be the best word here) on flasks, totem, or on-kill effects. I'm having a ton of fun, and I feel tankier than my old cyclone setups, but a few tweaks would make it feel so much better for me personally. More than likely though anything I tried to do in that direction would utterly destroy the builds ability to actually do content at a reasonable pace, let alone things like ubers. I already know I don't know enough about the mechanics and interactions in this game to do it properly.

My profile is public, feel free to take a look. Just don't laugh to hard :)
So...I'm trying out a modified version of your shield build (can't help it, love shields). I changed the skill gems around, the skill tree I left almost untouched other than picking up leech nodes with the leftover points you hadn't allocated. I was wondering if you think it will work or not. I was really wondering if you could tell me if you think it's a viable setup or not, assuming you don't mind taking a peak at it. Viability aside I had two specific questions.

First, I was unsure about two of the setups. I'm not entirely sure about the reckoning setup, I know it will work on mobs but not so sure if it's worthwhile due to not working so well on many bosses? Double counter attack damage should fairly easily keep my end charges capped for most/all of a map I would think. I could, however, remove it in favor of putting the totem back in (totem - blind - cull), which would also let me take blind off the cwdt setup and instead use vortex for chill. I know the totem is more dps, but I tend to dislike how it gets killed so easily and having to place it all the time. That said, if the reckoning setup is that bad I will remove it.

Even if I keep the reckoning setup, I'm considering swapping blind for vortex in the cwdt setup since blind does come with the gladiator tree.

Lastly, easy question for this one: shield charge or whirling blades?

https://pastebin.com/zHfu5jsG

Also, sorry for all the questions, I just scrolled up and realized how much I've been talking.
Last edited by sutasafaia on May 17, 2018, 7:51:12 PM
Okay so it seems that am the only one who is following the MF claws build, cuz i've searched through the forums and didn't see anyone say anything about it.

I have some questions, I had two swords before switching to claws to go FULL MF, but my dps dropped from 52k to about 22k... can you tell me why do you use claws?

I've started mapping and even tier 2 maps are one shotting me with my flasks up, is there something am missing?
I know am missing a stat stick but i dont think that itll boost my dmg alot.

Last question am thinking of buying a death's oath, do you think thats a wise decision? for the armor ofc
"
LunarArcanee wrote:
Okay so it seems that am the only one who is following the MF claws build, cuz i've searched through the forums and didn't see anyone say anything about it.

I have some questions, I had two swords before switching to claws to go FULL MF, but my dps dropped from 52k to about 22k... can you tell me why do you use claws?

I've started mapping and even tier 2 maps are one shotting me with my flasks up, is there something am missing?

Last question am thinking of buying a death's oath, do you think thats a wise decision? for the armor ofc

I've been running the MF build up to tier 10 and doing fine. You need way more life on all your pieces when doing MF or it's never gonna work because you won't even life long enough to leech it back with low life pool, need 100+ life on chest 70+ life on helm etc. All your jewels are pretty bad they need max life % aswell. Your flasks needs some work too. I recommend just buying a 6L armour base chest on poe.trade for 15-30c and using screaming/shrieking essence of greed on it to craft 90+ life on it. You unfortunately went for the claw damage nodes before a lot of the HP/block ones I would recommend respeccing out of them and pick the survival ones in the tree first but it's up to you if you can afford it.

And you are using a sword in your main hand you should try to get anything other than a sword in the main hand or your dps is gonna suffer cuz you want a weapon that you can't attack with in main hand like axe/sceptre, the claw is for the life leech but you need high life pool to begin with for this MF build, I also think since you using sword in main hand you only life leech with the claw every other attack so you suffer from that aswell. I got lucky and made my stat stick in about 10-20 alts but even a shitty stat stick with 1 Gain X% of physical damage as extra X damage roll is better than what you have.

Just whirling blading into packs with fortify dropping totem for blind and activating all your flasks before every big pack let's you live easily. I just got my current chest 6L yesterday so you can do tier 1-10 content without the max % life on kill.

I used to run my Whirling Blades, Fortify, Blood Magic and Faster Attacks in my gloves but i'm about to change to foil version soon anyways.
Last edited by Spliffor on May 18, 2018, 8:58:22 AM
"
Spliffor wrote:
"
LunarArcanee wrote:

I've been running the MF build up to tier 10 and doing fine. You need way more life on all your pieces when doing MF or it's never gonna work because you won't even life long enough to leech it back with low life pool, need 100+ life on chest 70+ life on helm etc. All your jewels are pretty bad they need max life % aswell. Your flasks needs some work too. I recommend just buying a 6L armour base chest on poe.trade for 15-30c and using screaming/shrieking essence of greed on it to craft 90+ life on it. You unfortunately went for the claw damage nodes before a lot of the HP/block ones I would recommend respeccing out of them and pick the survival ones in the tree first but it's up to you if you can afford it.

And you are using a sword in your main hand you should try to get anything other than a sword in the main hand or your dps is gonna suffer cuz you want a weapon that you can't attack with in main hand like axe/sceptre, the claw is for the life leech but you need high life pool to begin with for this MF build, I also think since you using sword in main hand you only life leech with the claw every other attack so you suffer from that aswell. I got lucky and made my stat stick in about 10-20 alts but even a shitty stat stick with 1 Gain X% of physical damage as extra X damage roll is better than what you have.

Just whirling blading into packs with fortify dropping totem for blind and activating all your flasks before every big pack let's you live easily. I just got my current chest 6L yesterday so you can do tier 1-10 content without the max % life on kill.

I used to run my Whirling Blades, Fortify, Blood Magic and Faster Attacks in my gloves but i'm about to change to foil version soon anyways.

Thank yooouuu, this is gonna help me alot! currently i have 100c saved, so ill respec out as you said and ill try to get life on everything

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info