[3.12] KissMeQuick's Gladiator Reave: REBORN — T19 100% Maps & A8 Sirus Deathless — Starter friendly

First time playing Reave and I can honestly say it's one of the best builds I've tried so far, really happy with it. I loved Spectral Throw last league, but this bad boy has 10 times more defensive layers, moves JUST AS FAST as a Ranger AND the damage output is better too. I played all the way until 94 with a cheap-ass, well rolled Ahn's Might at 340pdps and did all content including Red Elder and Shaper.

For new players giving this a try, you must get Rumi's, it gave me a ridiculous amount of survivability, much more than I expected. Get a perfectly rolled +attack block, they are not expensive.

I am still struggling a bit with Int and took me a while to get rid of the +30 int node on the passive tree, and I'm trying to find a way to get another jewel socket. I personally did not need the 2 mana nodes and with Level 3 Enlighten I can run Purity/Hatred/Ash no problem.

I would drop the Vaal Cold Snap, since Vaal skills don't get triggered by CWDT now. I am still considering using another Aura instead of Ash, potentially for survivability as someone else mentioned. Purity is still better than elemental aura, but such a shame that it gives so little flat phys and the quality is useless for us - it should give 10% phys damage at 20% quality, but instead buffs the minions only..

Delves are easy for the most part, but even though I can kill Shaper deathless, I got completely destroyed by the Vaal Boss and the Abyssal Boss melted me too, although I will try him again. I think it might be more mechanics-related than anything else. For Delving, it is crucial to get +Life for each enemy hit by your attacks, since that works in the darkness and is a superb attribute for sustain, get that on an elder ring (see below my example).

One question for KissMeQuick - do you think Vaal Pact should not be taken? Anything you disagree with on the above?

Gear below - will transition to a well-rolled Loreweave, but using Belly for now for sustain. I'm at 6.8-6.9K hp, but in theory, with 50life jewels, I could add another 100-120 flat life easily not considering gear upgrades. I was hesitant to upgrade to Loreweave so far as Belly gives a shit-ton of life. Any questions or feedback greatly appreciated. P.S. crafting a merciless pdps weapon is a pain in the ass, I've spent 1-1.5K alterations and I think I've only seen merciless roll once. The Jester div cards is an option, but not great results so far. They don't drop often (map to farm for it is Villa T12). Probably going to save money for an upgrade, although people overprice those high pdps swords like mad.

"
instantt wrote:
"
Salonim wrote:

Any tips on what should i focus on now? I still happen to die (i only inserted immortal call like 1hour ago so that might change)
Dmg is finally looking good, bosses feel long to be killed.
I'm keeping increased crit chance as socket 'cause CSP seem to slow down clear times
I also feel i need my mana flask with me, to run no leech maps and for when i have to spam Whirling blades

Just link whirling blades with blood magic if mana is an issue for you.

Yeah agreed. My Stat Stick has 'supported by faster attacks', so got the Whirling Blades pseudo 4-link with Blood Magic and Fortify.
Definitely dump the mana flask and I would get a Starkonja with an enchant, it was cheap even 1-2 weeks ago and only cost me 1ex.
"
DeerFart wrote:
Loving the build so far - current progress is below. I plan on master crafting the amulet further but taking suggestions on the best suffix here? all res? cold damage? not sure - Just know it isn't all stats.

I was having trouble with Uber Elder with reave but pop and swap to Blade Flurry, Conc. Effect and Elementdal Damage and he MELTS.

EDIT: I did switch around the build a bit with some help and seems even better.

I tried Uber Elder with regular setup and failed (first attempt ever though). What were your exact links for Blade Flurry? I.e. what did you swap WED in for?
"
IchiSumeragi wrote:
Hey, I've been playing this build for a couple weeks and I need help. Here's my gear so far :

Spoiler

The sword is 330 pdps.

What would you upgrade first? I'm having troubles with some high tier bosses who can one shot me (I have 5k life and about 65% block with Rumi) and compared to OP's PoB I only attack 6 times a second and my damage is only about 200kdps.

My two first guesses would be a new high pdps sword and Tombfist (while getting some high res on other gear). I'm also aware I'm not using Arctic Armor, but I just got the currency for a level 3 Enlighten so it'll get in the build soon.

Thanks !

Get Reave enchant - tons of damage.
Get life on Amulet - 5K is definitely not enough.
Get a Stygian Vise - with these same stats it will be cheap.
Get a boots enchant of 16% increased attack/cast speed if you killed recently.
Get a better stat stick - it will do more than upgrading your sword. Just alt+regal craft it. Use a sceptre since you can hit 3 mods giving phys as extra. Void Sceptre base is very expensive, just get any shaped sceptre. Your sword is a 330pdps with crit, I used a 340pdps to kill Shaper/Red Elder easily, so you can do that later.
Get a better ring - dunno about your other one, but this one looks pretty weak imo.
Need any help in game - @EarLDivesDeep
"
WithLoveEarL wrote:
*snip*

Get Reave enchant - tons of damage.
Get life on Amulet - 5K is definitely not enough.
Get a Stygian Vise - with these same stats it will be cheap.
Get a boots enchant of 16% increased attack/cast speed if you killed recently.
Get a better stat stick - it will do more than upgrading your sword. Just alt+regal craft it. Use a sceptre since you can hit 3 mods giving phys as extra. Void Sceptre base is very expensive, just get any shaped sceptre. Your sword is a 330pdps with crit, I used a 340pdps to kill Shaper/Red Elder easily, so you can do that later.
Get a better ring - dunno about your other one, but this one looks pretty weak imo.
Need any help in game - @EarLDivesDeep

Thanks a lot for the in depth answer !

My other ring isn't great either :

I'll get onto upgrading all of my stuff this weekend most likely. Probably will start by alting a new stat stick and getting the enchants on helmet and boots.

Sidenote, I've also leveled a couple of my gems to level 20 and 20% qualitied them through the recipe.
Last edited by IchiSumeragi on Sep 21, 2018, 3:24:22 AM
Loving the build and the tutorial... i am about to make my uberlab challenge. Anybody got tips for cheap upgrades? Saving for a new chest (the unique one everybody has) . But upgrades from 10 to 20g or cheaper for dmg or survival would be great. I think more life would be great 🤔

Right now i am running t12 maps where i die too often. Probably some upgrades could help? Account should be nice public. Thank you so much for your help
Last edited by Schwitzberger on Sep 21, 2018, 4:57:26 AM
"
Schwitzberger wrote:
Loving the build and the tutorial... i am about to make my uberlab challenge. Anybody got tips for cheap upgrades? Saving for a new chest (the unique one everybody has) . But upgrades from 10 to 20g or cheaper for dmg or survival would be great. I think more life would be great 🤔

Right now i am running t12 maps where i die too often. Probably some upgrades could help? Account should be nice public. Thank you so much for your help

Your sword should be in offhand. Also, your helmet isn't the best for survivability : as said in the original topic, you shouldn't use it unless you have enough life and defenses.
In the videos and images it looks like in my profile. But even in the videos of this thread its the other way around. Sometimes left, sometimes riight. So who is right now 😂
I guess the videos and the screenshots are older, I suggest you try on Path of building to be sure.

I'm personally using the sword in my offhand to benefit from the attack speed, which I believe is better than the physical damage it provides.
Even in the starting gif of the thread the sword is in the right hand. But i will try in pob. And i will get a new helmet i guess with more life. Need more damage then somehow 🤔

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info