[3.x][Super Heavy Heavy Strike] 2H HS Jug - All Content

How do you deal with magic damage? the conqueror that deals ice damage wrecks me but fire lightning and chaos doesnt bother me. resists are all 76% 5.5k hp any thoughts? basically have all the gear you do but not as much jewels yet.
"
RoadBlock1 wrote:
How do you deal with magic damage? the conqueror that deals ice damage wrecks me but fire lightning and chaos doesnt bother me. resists are all 76% 5.5k hp any thoughts? basically have all the gear you do but not as much jewels yet.

not wanting to sound dickish but... get out of the way. Thats the only thing you can do. As I said in my updates this build deals with all the conquerors easily except for veritania. She murders this build. Luckily the two dangerous attacks have a pretty long windup. The ice spikes you just move and they will miss you (dont backtrack or you'll walk into them) the tornados the best thing I found there is to move back during the windup as she launches them they fan out, then just leapslam over them into her.

Last edited by SoundwaveOiA on Apr 2, 2020, 2:17:52 AM

Toying with the build a bit on PoB but are any of you tried Impale? On paper just switching a bit the tree (not going right side and taking the impale nodes) provides way more deeps for a bit of sacrifice regarding life.
"
imre wrote:

Toying with the build a bit on PoB but are any of you tried Impale? On paper just switching a bit the tree (not going right side and taking the impale nodes) provides way more deeps for a bit of sacrifice regarding life.

I'm sure it does, the problem becomes with lower then 5K health is that you'll be entering 1 shot territory for bosses like Sirus. Potentially Drox and Baran aswell.

Right now I have 5.3K health and I can facetank awakener 8 drox, baran and sirus's heaviest attacks. They leave me on just a little health left but it's enough for me to start leeching back to full health or pop an instant heal flask. The extra damage sounds very attractive, but honestly every boss dies very quickly except for sirus, the main problem with him is his 3 stages + no adds. Your main damage comes from popping flasks and start critting him and having your double damage for heavy strike activate. since you cant recharge flasks except for life flasks it takes a few minutes to kill him. On the other hand unless you stand in a degen pool... he cant kill you either
Last edited by SoundwaveOiA on Apr 2, 2020, 5:29:33 AM
I think i need to modify the OP tree to include phys penetration (ERR), i did some guardians yesterday and they did not go down in 5 secs like before :v
Gives streamers & friends queue priority and leaves supporters who spent hundreds $ packs in the 100k queue.

GGG: Don't you guys follow streamers?
"
ZaeN wrote:
I think i need to modify the OP tree to include phys penetration (ERR), i did some guardians yesterday and they did not go down in 5 secs like before :v

yup I already incoorporated that I'm at -35% and if I get awakened brutality I'll be at -45%. When I crit and double now I do see em chunk down quite good. But it's not like it was pre 3.9
"
SoundwaveOiA wrote:
"
imre wrote:

I'm sure it does, the problem becomes with lower then 5K health is that you'll be entering 1 shot territory for bosses like Sirus. Potentially Drox and Baran aswell.

Right now I have 5.3K health and I can facetank awakener 8 drox, baran and sirus's heaviest attacks. They leave me on just a little health left but it's enough for me to start leeching back to full health or pop an instant heal flask. The extra damage sounds very attractive, but honestly every boss dies very quickly except for sirus, the main problem with him is his 3 stages + no adds. Your main damage comes from popping flasks and start critting him and having your double damage for heavy strike activate. since you cant recharge flasks except for life flasks it takes a few minutes to kill him. On the other hand unless you stand in a degen pool... he cant kill you either

Working from the pastebin in the OP, switching a few things (dex amu, chose one currently on sale for 2ex iirc, passive tree, dread banner and impale support gem). Not a lot of bullshit in the PoB I think, shock is tick but no value (too lazy to calculate what it would be).

I totally agree that you need at least 5k for bosses but this has still 6k HP, the gear is good but not 100+ ex.
It's 5 aps so the impale will be applied in a reasonable. One man can dream and tick awakened multistrike + add a pride watcher's eye but that's probably 5 times the whole gear in price.

https://pastebin.com/ZYtwVHCw

"
imre wrote:
"
SoundwaveOiA wrote:
"
imre wrote:

Working from the pastebin in the OP, switching a few things (dex amu, chose one currently on sale for 2ex iirc, passive tree, dread banner and impale support gem). Not a lot of bullshit in the PoB I think, shock is tick but no value (too lazy to calculate what it would be).

I totally agree that you need at least 5k for bosses but this has still 6k HP, the gear is good but not 100+ ex.
It's 5 aps so the impale will be applied in a reasonable. One man can dream and tick awakened multistrike + add a pride watcher's eye but that's probably 5 times the whole gear in price.

https://pastebin.com/ZYtwVHCw

after a quick glance I have 2 things that come to mind. How will you sustain your mana pool? You have a high attack speed, a mana cost of 27, regen of 11 and no leech. unless I'm missing something.

Your chaos resistance is at -60. I take it you want to use this build for all content including sirus. Sirus's attacks like his corridor balls and his beams have a 25% chaos damage. That -60 chaos ress is going to HURT
I'd ideally get manaleech on a jewel and I think you can sacrifice a bit (or pay more) to at least get two hybrid rolls. I didn't played a lot with the items, just trying to see the results.

I do Sirus A8 without too much trouble on a zerker with -44% chaos res, as long as you don't get one shotted the fight is fine. And the HS should have some nice burst for P4 which is hell as a melee char.

You're not socket starved in the build so worst case for the mana you can always slap an enlighten if needed.
Last edited by imre on Apr 2, 2020, 8:36:04 AM
So is this a safe build to "try" or you guys still tweaking it?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info