[3.x][Super Heavy Heavy Strike] 2H HS Jug - All Content

thanks man, awesome work! i play this build as my league starter!
Playing this as league starter, looking forward to finally play a tanky melee character after a long time!
Last edited by anvilgod on Jun 19, 2020, 8:40:08 AM
A few notes regarding your 3.11 updates.

Firstly, I'm not entirely sure it's worth going over to the right (Ranger) side of the passive tree anymore; the life and damage you're picking up can be made up closer to home without spending as many points pathing - Dismembering, Bladedancer, and even Rampart are all good damage increases which have been overlooked, and the life from Herbalism is mostly made up in the Marauder wheel (net loss of ~100 hp). If you wanted to take it a step further, you could also forgo pathing to Thick Skin and pick up the same amount of life in the Devotion (2 less points) or Tireless clusters (1 less point).

Edit: Silly me, I forgot about Honed Edge (which you also didn't take) - if you're going down the right side of the tree, it's definitely worth getting on the way.

I'm also not entirely sure Martial Experience is worth it - it's a rather weak damage cluster, though the extra LL recovery is nice.

Shifting focus, regarding Warcry skills, you noted Ancestral and Intimidating Cry, but might have overlooked that repeated attacks cannot be exerted, which means no Multistrike -not all that important for Intimidating since it only exerts two attacks anyway, but worth noting for Ancestral. It's also worth noting that Intimidating Shout's exertion doubles damage, which doesn't add all that much to Heavy Strike due to it's already high chance to deal double damage (and the diminishing returns that entails), though it's still worth in single target situations just for the Intimidate and Overwhelm alone.
Last edited by Archimtiros on Jun 19, 2020, 10:11:21 PM
This link dont work for me. many LUA error
https://pastebin.com/XrwPR6LJ
"
Archimtiros wrote:
A few notes regarding your 3.11 updates.

Firstly, I'm not entirely sure it's worth going over to the right (Ranger) side of the passive tree anymore; the life and damage you're picking up can be made up closer to home without spending as many points pathing - Dismembering, Bladedancer, and even Rampart are all good damage increases which have been overlooked, and the life from Herbalism is mostly made up in the Marauder wheel (net loss of ~100 hp). If you wanted to take it a step further, you could also forgo pathing to Thick Skin and pick up the same amount of life in the Devotion (2 less points) or Tireless clusters (1 less point).

Edit: Silly me, I forgot about Honed Edge (which you also didn't take) - if you're going down the right side of the tree, it's definitely worth getting on the way.

I'm also not entirely sure Martial Experience is worth it - it's a rather weak damage cluster, though the extra LL recovery is nice.

Shifting focus, regarding Warcry skills, you noted Ancestral and Intimidating Cry, but might have overlooked that repeated attacks cannot be exerted, which means no Multistrike -not all that important for Intimidating since it only exerts two attacks anyway, but worth noting for Ancestral. It's also worth noting that Intimidating Shout's exertion doubles damage, which doesn't add all that much to Heavy Strike due to it's already high chance to deal double damage (and the diminishing returns that entails), though it's still worth in single target situations just for the Intimidate and Overwhelm alone.

Ouch thanks for checking! I pasted the wrong POB link meh it wasnt even on the 3.11 tree, this is the "most recent" placeholder i have https://pastebin.com/5wHFirNb
But don't take it as perfect since the new stuff is unsupported and will probably change

Yep wanted to see if the ranger sword could be removed, i was waiting for a fully updated pob before that. The selling point for sticking to ranger sword is for the easy dex & mana leech

The single dmg nodes are interchangeable based on best damage nothing is set on stone, I picked those with the best node power and these change based on what jug i'm looking at.

The two in 3.11 that i would keep mandatory are Tribal Fury and Martial Experience. Martial exp gives too good life leech instances to skip, like 6% hp per instance and reaches the leech cap in 1/3 of the time without the nide.
Based on preference Rampart is worth more than simple dmg because of the fortify effect still undecided if keeping it.

About warcries i just tested them and here are my thoughts:

Ancestral cry is good and will stay, basically Ancestral Call is replaced by Tribal Fury + Awarcry and frees up a new gem slot for a big clear dmg boost compared to 3.10

For intimidating/rallying the exerts imo are not too important for this build, it's not a slammer and has 3aps without multi so the exert damage is not strong for the 8s CD
Gives streamers & friends queue priority and leaves supporters who spent hundreds $ packs in the 100k queue.

GGG: Don't you guys follow streamers?
Last edited by ZaeN on Jun 20, 2020, 12:27:39 AM
"
Aragonx wrote:
This link dont work for me. many LUA error
https://pastebin.com/XrwPR6LJ

Please use the POB community fork (i recommend the zip as the installer was broken)
https://github.com/PathOfBuildingCommunity/PathOfBuilding/releases
Gives streamers & friends queue priority and leaves supporters who spent hundreds $ packs in the 100k queue.

what is the most recent link for the pastebin on this?

I used https://pastebin.com/XrwPR6LJ but not sure if thats accurate
"
MWXIII wrote:
what is the most recent link for the pastebin on this?

I used https://pastebin.com/XrwPR6LJ but not sure if thats accurate

https://pastebin.com/5wHFirNb
Also for everyone: use the above (now in the OP), sorry i fuckd up with some POB version and it exported a bad tree

when I go to valhalla ill be sure to rep this build to chill with the gods
"
ZaeN wrote:

Ouch thanks for checking! I pasted the wrong POB link meh it wasnt even on the 3.11 tree, this is the "most recent" placeholder i have https://pastebin.com/5wHFirNb
But don't take it as perfect since the new stuff is unsupported and will probably change

Yep wanted to see if the ranger sword could be removed, i was waiting for a fully updated pob before that. The selling point for sticking to ranger sword is for the easy dex & mana leech

The single dmg nodes are interchangeable based on best damage nothing is set on stone, I picked those with the best node power and these change based on what jug i'm looking at.

The two in 3.11 that i would keep mandatory are Tribal Fury and Martial Experience. Martial exp gives too good life leech instances to skip, like 6% hp per instance and reaches the leech cap in 1/3 of the time without the nide.
Based on preference Rampart is worth more than simple dmg because of the fortify effect still undecided if keeping it.

About warcries i just tested them and here are my thoughts:

Ancestral cry is good and will stay, basically Ancestral Call is replaced by Tribal Fury + Awarcry and frees up a new gem slot for a big clear dmg boost compared to 3.10

For intimidating/rallying the exerts imo are not too important for this build, it's not a slammer and has 3aps without multi so the exert damage is not strong for the 8s CD

As I recall, increased total recovery isn't all that useful unless you attack very slowly, which this build certainly does not. Increased maximum total recovery is the stronger stat, and that's only found in the Hema/Void clusters.

I definitely agree Rampart is worthwhile since the damage per point is actually pretty competitive.

I'm not entirely sure Ancestral Cry replaces Ancestral Call (those names are far too similar); depends on how much CDR/increased duration you manage to get, since it only exerts 8 attacks on a base 5s duraiton/8s cooldown. That said, it's the obvious map clear War Cry and there's no reason not to use it. You essentially echo my thoughts about Intimidating Cry - the exert is actually completely useless since it doesn't work with Multistrike, but even if it didn't, two exerts is too little for how fast this build attacks. That said, free intimidate is still worth using if it's purely single target, or Enduring could be used if you really feel the need for extra defenses.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info