[3.1] [Blade flurry] 1 Ex budget frost blades / Blade flurry build, all content viable

"
ericchongws wrote:
Why aren’t you using any gem slots for abyss gems?

normal gems are better, atleast one ex old gems are better
"
hironmiranda wrote:
"
ericchongws wrote:
Why aren’t you using any gem slots for abyss gems?

normal gems are better, atleast one ex old gems are better

What about those abyss gems that have both physical and fire damage on sword?
@OP I was thinking have you made and oob testing of using molten strike instead of blade flurry in this build? Molten strike +2 threshold jewels + ancestral call and conc effect would maybe do even higher Single target damage?
Just started today with this build, but it already feels so good. I still dont understand why this would be able to do Phys and Ele reflect maps. What does exactly makes it possible?

I think it´s hc viable so far if you are careful and dont go facetanking everything as i did, I had some nasty oneshots, specially on kitava, but it´s important to note that i didn´t follow the tree on the guide suggested orer, and i was very undergeared, lacking specially on the HP pool.

I will list the reasons i died in case someone wants to try this on HC.
Sidenote: I never skipped a single abyss, so far i´ve done every one that i´ve found.

1 time Daresso dream: Opened a strongbox that froze me while sorrounded by the whole arena
3 times Abysses: the balls that explode are nasty things.
2 times Abysses: Diving in those mobs without checking i had mana was a bad idea
1 time Abyssal depth: The pylon thing spawned a rare that did oneshot me after i killed all the mobs and the pylon.
3 times Kitava: It´s nasty how it hits.

"
nothingtoxic wrote:
@OP I was thinking have you made and oob testing of using molten strike instead of blade flurry in this build? Molten strike +2 threshold jewels + ancestral call and conc effect would maybe do even higher Single target damage?

So I used the same skill tree, except unlocking two jewel slots for wildfire. I've tried
Molten Strike - Ancestral Call - Elemental Damage w. atk - Conc. Effect - Inc. Crit Dmg - Multistrike

I've also included Her Embrace effect.

According to PoB, the melee hit is around 322k DPS while the magma balls are 47k DPS. However, when I checked Blade Flurry (release at stage 6), the DPS is 1.3 mil fully buffed. I'm not sure if I did the calculation wrong, but BF is way better than Molten Strike at bossing.

I'll link my equipment below:
Spoiler

Pastebin link for PoB:
https://pastebin.com/aJYThD5Q
"
ericchongws wrote:
"
nothingtoxic wrote:

So I used the same skill tree, except unlocking two jewel slots for wildfire. I've tried
Molten Strike - Ancestral Call - Elemental Damage w. atk - Conc. Effect - Inc. Crit Dmg - Multistrike

I've also included Her Embrace effect.

According to PoB, the melee hit is around 322k DPS while the magma balls are 47k DPS. However, when I checked Blade Flurry (release at stage 6), the DPS is 1.3 mil fully buffed. I'm not sure if I did the calculation wrong, but BF is way better than Molten Strike at bossing.

I'll link my equipment below:
Spoiler

Pastebin link for PoB:
https://pastebin.com/aJYThD5Q

ok nice find hmm might be that you have to have some other type of build then seeing as you didnt take point blank since the magma balls of motlen strike is the one you usually go for dno if PoB takes into account of every ball that hits or not since with conc they kinda "shotgun"
"
Mitrion wrote:
Just started today with this build, but it already feels so good. I still dont understand why this would be able to do Phys and Ele reflect maps. What does exactly makes it possible?

I think it´s hc viable so far if you are careful and dont go facetanking everything as i did, I had some nasty oneshots, specially on kitava, but it´s important to note that i didn´t follow the tree on the guide suggested orer, and i was very undergeared, lacking specially on the HP pool.

I will list the reasons i died in case someone wants to try this on HC.
Sidenote: I never skipped a single abyss, so far i´ve done every one that i´ve found.

1 time Daresso dream: Opened a strongbox that froze me while sorrounded by the whole arena
3 times Abysses: the balls that explode are nasty things.
2 times Abysses: Diving in those mobs without checking i had mana was a bad idea
1 time Abyssal depth: The pylon thing spawned a rare that did oneshot me after i killed all the mobs and the pylon.
3 times Kitava: It´s nasty how it hits.

"

I think the main reason is that we are mainly physical damage build and we have high leech? I'm not too sure actually.
Last edited by ericchongws on Dec 31, 2017, 4:55:34 AM
"
ok nice find hmm might be that you have to have some other type of build then seeing as you didnt take point blank since the magma balls of motlen strike is the one you usually go for dno if PoB takes into account of every ball that hits or not since with conc they kinda "shotgun"

If you want to try Molten Strike build, there are other builds that do such thing. However, those builds are kinda expensive since they're converting into fire damage. For some reason, I don't think PoB can calculate Molten Strike damage well since I tried taking Point Blank but nothing happened.
how do u guys get power charges? I cant get any from assassins mark CoH herald of ash
"
gokudin wrote:
how do u guys get power charges? I cant get any from assassins mark CoH herald of ash

I switched out Enfeeble for Assassin's Mark. Check out my gems in previous post.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info