[3.3] The Poet's Pen Volatile Dead/Bodyswap "Shaper Down"[Inquisitor ✌]

"
dransureu wrote:
Does warlords ring + assassins mark from gems both work without whispers of doom? Cause im currently wondering if I should get tabula with the 6 link starter setup and invest into warlords rings and watchers eye next or if I should get kaoms next (and just get life and res from rings) and no warlords mark on rings yet (also could get fire damage leeched as life on amulet).

Is starkonjas head worth without the lab enchant for volatile dead?

I hope my 2nd question wasnt too confusing, but I cant buy all at once and wondering which to buy first. Ofc if I need the passive for ring+gem curses to work then Im royally fucked in that department unless I get the passive.

Basically Im confused on what to focus first.

They do not without whispers of doom

In order of importance: VD helm enchant > kaom's > watcher's eye. Starkonja's is definitely not worth it without the enchant

This is because of the warlord's mark ring being totally unnecessary because we can get away with blasphemy + warlord's mark which doesn't really eat up too many links.

It really depends on your goals. easily cleared up to T15s with a carcass jack and decent rings with capped res while using COH - Assassin's mark and Blasphemy - Warlord's Mark
Last edited by Polunarch on Mar 17, 2018, 7:21:43 AM
Hey guys, I need some help. So I'm playing the Scion version of this build and the only souce of leech I have is from warlord's mark, I wonder if it's really necessary to take vaal pact and use those spare points to go for whispers of doom to use assassin's mark since the leech is really tiny.
"
ethanju wrote:
Hey guys, I need some help. So I'm playing the Scion version of this build and the only souce of leech I have is from warlord's mark, I wonder if it's really necessary to take vaal pact and use those spare points to go for whispers of doom to use assassin's mark since the leech is really tiny.

What about getting a boots enchant? It gives + %0.5 leech to mana and life.
"
Polunarch wrote:
"
dransureu wrote:
Does warlords ring + assassins mark from gems both work without whispers of doom? Cause im currently wondering if I should get tabula with the 6 link starter setup and invest into warlords rings and watchers eye next or if I should get kaoms next (and just get life and res from rings) and no warlords mark on rings yet (also could get fire damage leeched as life on amulet).

I hope my 2nd question wasnt too confusing, but I cant buy all at once and wondering which to buy first. Ofc if I need the passive for ring+gem curses to work then Im royally fucked in that department unless I get the passive.

In order of importance: VD helm enchant > kaom's > watcher's eye. Starkonja's is definitely not worth it without the enchant

This is because of the warlord's mark ring being totally unnecessary because we can get away with blasphemy + warlord's mark which doesn't really eat up too many links.

It really depends on your goals. easily cleared up to T15s with a carcass jack and decent rings with capped res while using COH - Assassin's mark and Blasphemy - Warlord's Mark

Ahh thanks a lot! :) grabbed the enchant and carcass for now!

EDIT: Also kaoms now!!

Btw why use cooldown reduction on the belt instead of elemental damage? Does it reduce some cooldown taht inside the wand mechanic?

What blue gem would you use instead of body swap when you wanna have a break from the teleporting? Dont wanna buy 3rd wand yet to have a 3-green socketed one but maybe I should? Havent noticed any good temporary blue supports really.
Last edited by dransureu on Mar 17, 2018, 4:11:56 PM
Is this build expensive aside the poet's pen ?
"
Polunarch wrote:
"
dransureu wrote:

Is VD enchant really that important to DPS? My tooltip says 42k with 3 frenzy/power charges and 4.2 attack speed, no cooldown gear though.

how much would +1 VD even add? I use Dying Sun flask already but my Elder DPS is not that great... I use 3 portals to kill red tier elder, zero for yellow. How can I increase DPS? I saw 100k tooltip but how is that even possible?
The freedom of birds is an insult to me. I'd have them all in zoos.
Just had this drop, was wondering is it worth using Vitality for the leech?
Will have to drop the herald I think

I'm only in the process of levelling, so I don't know what to expect with end game mapping etc with this build
Last edited by Ropa23 on Mar 17, 2018, 10:43:55 PM
"
bimbobaggings wrote:
"
Polunarch wrote:
"
dransureu wrote:

Is VD enchant really that important to DPS? My tooltip says 42k with 3 frenzy/power charges and 4.2 attack speed, no cooldown gear though.

how much would +1 VD even add? I use Dying Sun flask already but my Elder DPS is not that great... I use 3 portals to kill red tier elder, zero for yellow. How can I increase DPS? I saw 100k tooltip but how is that even possible?

Check out my gear. With that, I can kill red elder in mere seconds, it doesn't even take minutes. Deadless too, with 6.3k life.
"
dransureu wrote:
"
Polunarch wrote:
"
dransureu wrote:

Ahh thanks a lot! :) grabbed the enchant and carcass for now!

EDIT: Also kaoms now!!

Btw why use cooldown reduction on the belt instead of elemental damage? Does it reduce some cooldown taht inside the wand mechanic?

What blue gem would you use instead of body swap when you wanna have a break from the teleporting? Dont wanna buy 3rd wand yet to have a 3-green socketed one but maybe I should? Havent noticed any good temporary blue supports really.

CD reduction lets your Poet's Pen cast additional times. For example, without any dc reduction, your Poet's Pen can only cast 4 times a second(it has 250ms cd in itself). With %15 cd reduction on your belt, it casts 4.6 times a second.

There's also the attack speed side on this. Lets say you have no CD red. If you get more than 3.9 APS, your volatiles will skip a cast, lower your dps. According to people there's also a bug in Poet's Pen that if your APS is very close to the APS of Poet's Pen, the rotation of the skills will break.

I actually experienced some of this. After getting a faster attacks gloves, my APS went up to 4.96 with frenzy. Only having %15 cd on belt, I exceeded the 4.6 APS limit of the Poet's Pen. I was actually about to ask here why my build wasn't working as good as before until I read the damage calculation part of the post. He explains this mechanic there.

After lowering my APS to 4.5 with frenzy, I felt A LOT better while playing.
I apologize if this has already been addressed, but I saw someone say you can get more balls per second without using Bodyswap. What would the Setup in the Poet Pen be if we took out Bodyswap? I wasn't sure if he meant to use two Poet's Pens with Volatile Dead in them or what.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info