[3.3] The Poet's Pen Volatile Dead/Bodyswap "Shaper Down"[Inquisitor ✌]

"
smelcami wrote:
"
WildWombat wrote:
"
i have 0.20 cooldown time on volatile dead
so i gonna need to have 5 attack speed per sec ??

hi, think this is right :)

the calc is

Default cooldown * 100 / (1 + (cooldown recovery speed modifier/100)).

so

250ms * 100/(100 + 20%) = 208ms

so you will want 4.8 attacks per sec.

Exact 4.8 aps is the best.

I'm on my vacation and that's why I can not answer everyone, I'm sorry friends!

thank for the reply!
FIX SG SERVER

Does the 'Your Elemental damage can shock' mod works on Volatile Dead? Like there's a % VD will inflict shock status?

---
Bodyswapping around the boss room is surprisingly not bad and when there is enough space in the boss room, trigger his action first then move further away from it (where it can no longer chase you) and bombarrage the boss with the homing fiery balls
how u sustain with mana ? mana lich or regen ?
my builds:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2113935
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2113984/page/1#p15407041
I think I am done with this league now that I completed this build. Can easily do Uber Lab, Guardians, Elder and Shaper deathless (Atziri seems to be impossible with VD sadly). Most map mods are doable also so not too many rerolls are required. Had a blast leveling the build and even with budget gear (I ran a 5-link Carcass Jack before dropping it for Kaoms) it melted almost everything. Highly doubt VD and Poet's Pen will make it out of this league untouched unfortunately. Great ride while it lasted though! Thanks for the build!

My End-of-League Gear:
"
fbgameinvites wrote:

Does the 'Your Elemental damage can shock' mod works on Volatile Dead? Like there's a % VD will inflict shock status?

---
Bodyswapping around the boss room is surprisingly not bad and when there is enough space in the boss room, trigger his action first then move further away from it (where it can no longer chase you) and bombarrage the boss with the homing fiery balls

AFAIK there is no reason why it shouldn't. very unscientific as I have trouble seeing the indicator of shock so cant be sure. The trash gets wiped out too quick but my fireballs seem to do more damage after a few have hit so I 'feel' that it is working.

Cant use elemental focus though.

The other winner with it is 5% per ailment. It is a taken by enemy so that makes it a more multiplier, so the fire balls cause ignite and shock so 10% more. I added these gloves to give poison and bleed
The extra damage the poison and bleed do is tiny but gives up to 4 ailments and the difference was noticeable when I first put them on. Cant find anyway to get enough or convert to cold HOI alone doesn't do enough for bosses :)

Last edited by WildWombat on Jan 19, 2018, 10:46:41 PM
Anyone have lessons learned from this build? I.E Would Zerker be better without the 15 ex Watchers eye? Am I going to be in Dirt Nap Heaven ( Scrub-core ) without the Watchers? How far in maps can I expect to go without it? Is Warlords enough of a leech to at least keep you from some dirt naps?

Back again with a few questions since I still have alil trouble surviving at times.

1. I have a watchers eye at 1.46% ... do I still need the watchers eye ring?
2. If not I'd be glad to sell that ring, apparently its around 7-10ex, would like that currency.
3. Any recommendations on gear?

4. I poised this question earlier on which would be better for survivability - buy a starkonja with +1 or watchers eye. I bought the star with +1 first and really didn't see a huge difference. I bought the watchers eye and yes I did notice a difference. So basically I don't feel like spending 16ex for a helm I won't notice THAT big of a damage difference.
"
smelcami wrote:
"
WildWombat wrote:
"
i have 0.20 cooldown time on volatile dead
so i gonna need to have 5 attack speed per sec ??

hi, think this is right :)

the calc is

Default cooldown * 100 / (1 + (cooldown recovery speed modifier/100)).

so

250ms * 100/(100 + 20%) = 208ms

so you will want 4.8 attacks per sec.

Exact 4.8 aps is the best.

I'm on my vacation and that's why I can not answer everyone, I'm sorry friends!

so is 4.8 aps with frenzy charges? or base frenzy aps?
im hitting 6.1 with these gears, any tip will be welcome:D

Last edited by mateuspf on Jan 20, 2018, 7:39:27 AM
What Ascendancy order do we go if we're playing as a Scion?
My full MF Assasin build. Ez clear sextant vault and arsenal.You can use Greed's Embrace for 15iiq
With Kaom 5k hp.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBAAQHBLMFQgceDdEOSA_EEFgQkhEtES8RlhVQFr8XsBqBG8gc3B0UHxggbiM2JpUnLyoLKwosnC0fMjIy0TY9Olg62Dt8PAU9X0GWRUdFfEWdSVFKi0yzUDBRdFH7UlNTEFNSVUtVxl3yYeJirGNDZlRo8mpDbIxwUnyDfll_xoKbg9uFe4dlidOMNo5kjxqPRo_6kFWVIJUul5WXl5o7muCdqp_fogCio6aZpwinNK6zr5u0OLb6uMq5k7xvvOrAZsCcwfPDCc0Wz93QH9D11abZhtte44TlGevu6_XsOO0873zv6_Af8NXxivId96b79Q==?accountName=BatMetal&characterName=BatBallsOfSteel

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info