[3.4] Ahn's Might Juggernaut - Uber Lab Farmer - League Starter - Shaper + End Game (Videos)

I briefly tried IchiJugg last season and quickly moved to something with more damage, that build was unplayable to me. Here's my down and dirty comparison of the two.

Swords, cleave, jugg, that's about where the similarities end between these two builds.

This build deals massive damage and somewhat struggles in the defense department. IchiJugg loaded up on defense, this build uses Jugg more like a crutch because it's defense is otherwise crap.

The damage, similarly, is the exact opposite of the Ichi build. Day 4 of the league and my character is doing half a million DPS, with crap rates.

The cost of Ahns and Oskarm are significantly higher than last league, but still, my whole character is coming in under 300c right now.

And while this build is nowhere near as tanky as IchiJugg, it is by no means squishy, you just can't stand in crap and swipe away. You have to move when Izaro is buffed and winds up his big hit.

Great build overall, I highly recommend it.
Last edited by JermStudDog on Mar 6, 2018, 11:00:26 AM
"
l1u2i3z123 wrote:
The build is going amazing.
normal atziri, mapping, uber lab, everything is going very well

thats my gear actually with trash rares can kill izaro in uber lab easily!

tree in my profile, 138k in ho with conc golem, no charges.

Thanks for the build!

Hi, where does your ele res come from? I have gloves and boots with res, and just have a little bit higher than 75%. I dont know to use oskarm + kaom boot and still have cap res.
IGN: Javana
@OP

This build guide needs to be updated. This guide has put Ahn's Might on the map, to the point where people are selling them for a 20-40c a piece (and they are flying off the trade site quickly). Also, Oskarm gloves are going for a minimum of 80-90c. This might be more affordable as a 2nd character at this point. Farming up 150c will take a considerable amount of time for a first character unless you are lucky on drops.
Last edited by Repeats on Mar 6, 2018, 5:01:20 PM
"
Repeats wrote:
@OP

This build guide needs to be updated. This guide has put Ahn's Might on the map, to the point where people are selling them for a 20-40c a piece (and they are flying off the trade site quickly). Also, Oskarm gloves are going for a minimum of 80-90c. This might be more affordable as a 2nd character at this point. Farming up 150c will take a considerable amount of time for a first character unless you are lucky on drops.

can do uber lab with scaevas and no oskarms...very good starter.
PM @KaspeR_Warbands (Warbands) | @KaspeRHC (Standard)
Standard Atziri Service www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1400006
"
kasperbrah wrote:
"
Repeats wrote:
@OP

can do uber lab with scaevas and no oskarms...very good starter.

Can confirm this, plus I believe the guide creator mentions somewhere (in another post probably) that the price was going to go up this league. Hard to keep a running price check on all the items until it normalizes
Last edited by TGGarrett on Mar 6, 2018, 7:33:28 PM
I've went ahead and updated the OP including removing the old information on Abyss item prices since clearly those have changed in 3.2. Quite honestly I was not expecting the build to get as many people using it as it did as I was expecting maybe 5 or so people to actually attempt this build as a league starter. It def shows in the price of Ahn's Might as these were dirt cheap last league but they have been very slowly going down as the sword has been flooding the market.

Oskarm's price going up isn't as surprising as Crit Juggernaut builds have become much more popular. I added some more detail in the gloves section of the build guide but I want to mention the biggest strength of Oskarm is the curse on hit. The curse on hit isn't so much important for power charge generation but much more so that cursed targets have an additional chance to be crit as well as take increased damage from critical strikes. I'll also say it again just because Oskarm's is arguably best in slot on this build does in no way mean that the item is absolutely mandatory for the build to work. Maligaro's or rare gloves will work perfectly fine before you can afford them.

Lastly for end game gearing there aren't too many ways to improve on the gear once you have many of the nice uniques. The biggest single upgrade you can probably get is an Elder/Shaper amulet with a source of Phys Damage gained as X% Element with good stats. These are obviously not going to be on the market in any significant amount until a couple of weeks in but by then you should have more than enough currency to buy the few that do show up. Arguably the best in slot amulet will be a Shaper Amulet that has both Phys dmg gained as lightning and Phys dmg gained as cold damage but to find one w/ those 2 mods, life rolls, and 2-3 good suffixes is going to be extremely expensive.

Otherwise what I did in Abyss was use the currency generate from lab running and buy as many exalts as I could before the market spiked up on those.
just wanna say thinks, build is great.

gear is getting more expensive and i havent even unlocked my own uber lab yet but Ive had a few lucky drops and got enough currency to pretty much have most of what i want. Haent gotten res right to transition into koams roots yet. still at level 79 I have over 5k life and almost capped res before my charges. plus sitting at 90% phys reduction once the charges and flasks are up is nice.

i have found that with the extra sockets i like to run a blood rage and a vaal haste. 15% attack speed and bigger leech from blood rage is great even without frenzies. and vaal haste is just awesome for melting bosses. Im sure itll be even better once I get my hands on those final 2 ascendancies and move past yellow maps.

gear is getting pricy, but its very worth it in my opinion. tons of fun, and soo much room to grow

thanks again!!!
IGN
Domination: CockBlockingAxes zomgwtfbbqlegs, GotYourselfAGun
Standard: LookAtMyHorseMyHorse, ComeOnNSlamEveryBodyJam, AdmiralTrapar
This build sux really ... One shot by Izaro not buff, go totem warchief build , that's really beter this build...
"
JermStudDog wrote:
I briefly tried IchiJugg last season and quickly moved to something with more damage, that build was unplayable to me. Here's my down and dirty comparison of the two.

Thx for this. It definitely seems like something I will try but probably later on in the league once the prices for the specific uniques start to drop.
Hello,

I am playing this build as a starter and I am Lvl 77 now. Bought 2 Ahn's Might, Belt of the deceiver and Starkonja's and some shitty rares. Merc Lab is done multiple times and Level 5 Maps are easy going. I am searching for the Ascendency trials and higher Maps for now. The build works well and seems quite tanky.

I have some questions:

What Level is recommended for going to Uber Lab?

How much live is recommended to survive Argus and Izaro? Argus seems very hard hitting (on Merc Lab!), even with Fortify and 7 Endurance charges up... I feel I have a little lack mitigation an leech?

I am planning the next gear upgrades with little currency atm (Ahn's broke my bank) and doesn't know if I should focus on survivability or damage (Ring, Amulett, Jewels...). I don't think I can afford all in one solutions on my gear for now...

Thank you for the nice build and your help,

Greetz
darthfelix

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info