[3.2] CwC Tendrils by Paige | Easy League Starter | Geared with 30c | Insta Clear Screen | T15+

"
RandomZero72 wrote:
I love this build. Pretty much followed the guide to the letter up until level 40 or so, then switched over to tendrils permanently. Up to level 84 now. I don't have the chest yet, as was mentioned, they're expensive and rare as hell now it seems, so I'm getting by with a 5L rare atm. Thanks for the awesome guide!

Thanks a lot for the kind words.
“No matter where you are in life, no matter what you’ve contributed to creating, no matter what’s happening, you are always doing the best you can with the understanding and awareness and knowledge that you have.”

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
I have a question, that is probably just due to me not understanding.

Why do we use Controlled Destruction Support & Increased Crit Strikes Support? Don't they essentially cancel each other out regarding Crit Strikes from Controlled Destruction reducing Crit Strike Chance by 100%? I'm confused why they both are used.
"
astrobean13 wrote:
I have a question, that is probably just due to me not understanding.

Why do we use Controlled Destruction Support & Increased Crit Strikes Support? Don't they essentially cancel each other out regarding Crit Strikes from Controlled Destruction reducing Crit Strike Chance by 100%? I'm confused why they both are used.

Good question, answered it once before back a few pages iirc.

First thing is Controlled Destruction, the reason we use it is for the "more" spell damage modifier. This multiplies our total Spell Damage instead of something like "increased" which is just additive, basically "more" is a lot stronger than "increased".

Moving on to the Increased Critical Strike Chance gem, it gives (at 20/20) 108% Increased Critical Strike Chance. The important part here is the second line though, "Supported Skills Have 1.9% to Critical Strike Chance" Because this line doesn't say "Increased" it's referring to the linked skill Base Critical Strike Chance. Without getting too "mathy", the end result in a 20/20 Inc Crit Chance gem is around 210% Inc Crit Chance (or 21% on the character stat page).

Lastly, with my gear, I'm sitting around 60% Inc Crit Chance, with a Diamond Flask up that increases it by 24% or 240% Inc Crit Chance, which puts me around 84% Inc Crit Chance, with the Alchemist node you're basically at Crit Chance cap with flask up and benefiting from the 49% MORE Spell Damage from Cont Destruction.

Definitely worth it.
“No matter where you are in life, no matter what you’ve contributed to creating, no matter what’s happening, you are always doing the best you can with the understanding and awareness and knowledge that you have.”

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
Hey great build and a lot of fun.

The people saying that the chest is expensive must be playing hardcore because the chest is not that expensive. A 5L in softcore is going for ~25chaos which is pretty low for a 5l. The base chest is only a chaos.

The build does require some smart playing and without the enlighten the mana pool is pretty small. The helmet is actually a huge defense item I've been finding (mind of the council or whatever).

Thanks for the guide
"
thatguy14 wrote:
Hey great build and a lot of fun.

The people saying that the chest is expensive must be playing hardcore because the chest is not that expensive. A 5L in softcore is going for ~25chaos which is pretty low for a 5l. The base chest is only a chaos.

The build does require some smart playing and without the enlighten the mana pool is pretty small. The helmet is actually a huge defense item I've been finding (mind of the council or whatever).

Thanks for the guide

Thanks a lot for your post! <3

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
I was looking for something fun to play and never tried a CwC. I'm pretty happy with the progress so far. Nicely surprised by the clear speed too.

I was looking for a helmet with the tendrils crit chance and found a Lightpoacher. The fun factor increased exponentially :)

Still trying to 6L the chest though...400+ fusings in and counting. Can't wait for this to 6L and leech on boots to keep pushing the Atlas progression.

I've had to swap a few things around as I don't have an Enlighten and couldn't make MoM work. Using CoH with HoI instead of HoT and added Onslaught support with Arcane Surge with the golem. Survivability might be an issue in higher tiers but so far so good.

Very fun build!
"
skwilla wrote:
I was looking for something fun to play and never tried a CwC. I'm pretty happy with the progress so far. Nicely surprised by the clear speed too.

I was looking for a helmet with the tendrils crit chance and found a Lightpoacher. The fun factor increased exponentially :)

Still trying to 6L the chest though...400+ fusings in and counting. Can't wait for this to 6L and leech on boots to keep pushing the Atlas progression.

I've had to swap a few things around as I don't have an Enlighten and couldn't make MoM work. Using CoH with HoI instead of HoT and added Onslaught support with Arcane Surge with the golem. Survivability might be an issue in higher tiers but so far so good.

Very fun build!

Thank you very much. :D

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
"
thatguy14 wrote:

Nope, playing 'softcore' (Abyss).
Yes, it seems that for a short time, poe.trade was only showing a minor number of Inpulsa's, which were quite expensive. That 5L must have some fairly bad rolls though, the ones I've been looking at were around 60-70 chaos.

I am quite relieved it turned out to be a temporary thing :)
Player numbers are plummeting.
Such a well put together guide, really really GREAT!
"
Such a well put together guide, really really GREAT!

Thanks, it means a lot.

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info