Deleted

"
Steamr0ller wrote:
I'm playing ssf hc and need some reliable boss killer. Main purpose would be to farm elder guardians and elder for those new uniques. There are so many BF builds nowadays so it is hard to decide :) Would this build be safe for hc elder fights? I've only done it with spectre build, but got bored of the passive playstyle...

e: is Eternal sword the best base to craft a weapon for this build?

Yes, this build is safe against elder and his guardians. In general, these kind of block builds cannot be killed without 1-hit-kill, so elder and his guardians, though hard to dodge but have no single big hit, cannot kill this build. You always have enough time to log out or dodge. So far at level 97 tier 13 elder cannot move my HP bar below 2/3.

Corsair sword is the best, with base APS 1.55. Eternal is the second best at 1.50.
"
zz3613 wrote:

Yes, this build is safe against elder and his guardians. In general, these kind of block builds cannot be killed without 1-hit-kill, so elder and his guardians, though hard to dodge but have no single big hit, cannot kill this build. You always have enough time to log out or dodge. So far at level 97 tier 13 elder cannot move my HP bar below 2/3.

Corsair sword is the best, with base APS 1.55. Eternal is the second best at 1.50.

Thanks a lot, that's all the info I needed! :) Build looks a lot of fun too, been a while since I played melee. Thanks for the nice guide!
Hello sir, been looking around for a build that can finish off the 40/40 challenges this league and your build seems very safe :) Would I be able to get my first 40/40 with this one? Tried several other builds already and leveling them have gone easily enough, but once I get into maps they become a "hassle", I just want a build that can take "everyone" on without much worry ^_^
"
kaygee82 wrote:
Hello sir, been looking around for a build that can finish off the 40/40 challenges this league and your build seems very safe :) Would I be able to get my first 40/40 with this one? Tried several other builds already and leveling them have gone easily enough, but once I get into maps they become a "hassle", I just want a build that can take "everyone" on without much worry ^_^

Yeah, this is one of those build that gives a smooth experience on maps, given you max your ele res. Those "xxx million damage" builds mostly are designed to have players fucked in maps. If that's what you've been trying then it's not really your problem.

Lots of hot builds on the forum are pure BS. I don't even know how to play a 5k life 0 armor build on kaoms' root (no evasion). No armor, no evasion, no dodge, no block, how are people not calling BS on those builds?

40/40 is a lot of grinding though, but with this build you won't feel fucked in maps for sure.
How important are vengeance / reckoning / life gain on hit combo? Hard to tell if they're doing much.

Thinking of replacing them with ancestral protector + culling strike + blind. In practice culling strike on shield charge feels clunky, the attack speed bonus from protector is a great addition in a build like this. Haven't made up my mind on blind yet, seems good in theory,

This change has the added benefit of freeing up a slot for leap slam to be together with the faster attacks linked shield charge.

Also opens up 1 slot for a utility like a golem or w/e.

Thoughts?
Last edited by Antisocialz on Dec 28, 2017, 1:35:30 PM
"
Antisocialz wrote:
How important are vengeance / reckoning / life gain on hit combo? Hard to tell if they're doing much.

Thinking of replacing them with ancestral protector + culling strike + blind. In practice culling strike on shield charge feels clunky, the attack speed bonus from protector is a great addition in a build like this. Haven't made up my mind on blind yet, seems good in theory,

This change has the added benefit of freeing up a slot for leap slam to be together with the faster attacks linked shield charge.

Also opens up 1 slot for a utility like a golem or w/e.

Thoughts?

Actually sometimes when I do bosses i replace the rallying cry with ancestral protector. Ancestral protector has no place for general map clearing and most of the game play though.

I personally like culling strike on shield charge because the 20q gives extra 10 speed, I really like to move fast. You can definitely change it though.
"
zz3613 wrote:
Spoiler
"
kaygee82 wrote:

Yeah, this is one of those build that gives a smooth experience on maps, given you max your ele res. Those "xxx million damage" builds mostly are designed to have players fucked in maps. If that's what you've been trying then it's not really your problem.

Lots of hot builds on the forum are pure BS. I don't even know how to play a 5k life 0 armor build on kaoms' root (no evasion). No armor, no evasion, no dodge, no block, how are people not calling BS on those builds?

40/40 is a lot of grinding though, but with this build you won't feel fucked in maps for sure.

Don't really mind the grind as long as the build I'm doing is "safe" :) Did Natt's Burning Spectres last league which still is strong, but got so fed up with the struggle of getting the spectres to go where I wanted etc -.-
"
kaygee82 wrote:
"
zz3613 wrote:
Spoiler
"
kaygee82 wrote:

Don't really mind the grind as long as the build I'm doing is "safe" :) Did Natt's Burning Spectres last league which still is strong, but got so fed up with the struggle of getting the spectres to go where I wanted etc -.-

Burning spectre was probably the strongest build in 3.0 IMO. Melts down all end game bosses with 4 links. Personally I enjoy solar guard speed farming a little more. I'm never a big fan of boss fight, did super early boss rush this league just to unlock the challenge so I can speed run with reave without worrying about end game bosses any more XD.
Hello, thanks a lot for this build, i was dreaming the other day about a gladiator block with my beloved The Surrender.
May i ask you how good a varunastra could be for this build ? Just dropped one and i’d like to include it in a overpriced template, thanks for the answer keep up the good job sir.
Last edited by mrtournevis on Dec 28, 2017, 6:14:22 PM
"
mrtournevis wrote:
Hello, thanks a lot for this build, i was dreaming the other day about a gladiator block with my beloved The Surrender.
May i ask you how good a varunastra could be for this build ? Just dropped one and i’d like to include it in a overpriced template, thanks for the answer keep up the good job sir.

Unfortunately no, varunastra isn't fit for this build. Speed is too important for nearly everything you do: BF, Shield Charge, Reave. Varunastra's 1.3 APS killed it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info