[3.1] BUDGET! Frostbreath + Ice Crash - 1 Million Shaper DPS

How this build fees at the SSF? Got Frostbreash as drop, now looking for it. But i feel, like you have not enought hp for melee, isnt? 4300 at 78lvl.
Or survive rate so high?
Last edited by etoye on Dec 21, 2017, 8:35:09 PM
"
jacksonmehoff wrote:
So I did extensive testing on the single target viability of Glacial Hammer over Ice crash, including using 40% rolls for the respective gem on two different Starkonja's. And in that testing glacial hammer fell short of ice crash's dps every time and I have no idea why.

I have the same.. I switched to prismatic edge + 6l glacial hammer + pseudo 6 l helm for ice crash, but actually ice crash feels better also for bosses, even with no conc! I'm not sure why.. still have my old gear (40% ice crash starkonja + 6l for ice crash) and will try that again. Actually changed to prismatic and glacial hammer at the same time so difficult to disentangle the effects then of course. It does seem the attack speed makes the biggest difference. Still managing 5.7k hp without shield so that's nice :).
Strange, I never had this issue... BUT!

I've decided to pick this build back up and I'm always in favour of Glacial Hammer. I will keep you posted on my findings.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
I have a question. Now that you changed the general build from shield to dual wield, and at the same time we have Icr Crash + Glacial Hammer, there is no room for immortal call + CWDT. I already trapped Arachnoxya for the Soul of Arakaali, but I have no room to the CWDT setting. Are you going to update the build to permanently Ice Crash + Glacial Hammer, or is it just a test build by now while leveling?
(Also I still can't defeat Izaro on Merciless Lab)
Thank you! for this amazing build, first time playing and the first thing I wanted to do was to have a Glacial Hammer or Ice Crash build but nobody builds anything around those too.
I'm somehow hyped for this build. I imagine with the Abyssal gems you get so fucking much flat cold damage unimaginable before. Let's say you have two "15-30 cold damage to attacks and 15-30 cold damage to mace attacks" jewels in this unique belt, that gives you 90-180 flat cold damage on your attacks! (which is way more then you could get on all your other gear before this league)

Really looking forward to trying it out, unfortunately I picked a Ice Crash/Cyclone build first this league and am now a bit burned out on it.

€: Tryintodraw, your gear looks pretty good, you should be easily able to do Merciless Izaro with it. Maybe read up a bit on his phases and what you can do to disable them, pick a relatively easy day (see http://www.poelab.com/ for that) and substitute the Multistrike Support with a Life Leech Support. Multistrike is great, but it also locks you in place for a longer time, so you have more problems with dodging attacks. Also try to not panic during the fight, just run around him for a bit without attacking and try to get to know his attacks and the indications of them, so you can dodge the ones with the most damage.

If you think that you have enough damage, but you get oneshotted, you can also replace some of your cold damage jewels with +max life jewels. Hope this helps a bit ;)
Current league chars: Bladestorm Champion SSF
Last edited by Shaileen on Dec 22, 2017, 4:32:25 AM
"
Tryintodraw wrote:
I have a question. Now that you changed the general build from shield to dual wield, and at the same time we have Icr Crash + Glacial Hammer, there is no room for immortal call + CWDT. I already trapped Arachnoxya for the Soul of Arakaali, but I have no room to the CWDT setting. Are you going to update the build to permanently Ice Crash + Glacial Hammer, or is it just a test build by now while leveling?
(Also I still can't defeat Izaro on Merciless Lab)
Thank you! for this amazing build, first time playing and the first thing I wanted to do was to have a Glacial Hammer or Ice Crash build but nobody builds anything around those too.

Just drop Glacial Hammer. Use on over the other. Both are not needed. I was just playing around with the idea.
"
Shaileen wrote:
I'm somehow hyped for this build. I imagine with the Abyssal gems you get so fucking much flat cold damage unimaginable before. Let's say you have two "15-30 cold damage to attacks and 15-30 cold damage to mace attacks" jewels in this unique belt, that gives you 90-180 flat cold damage on your attacks! (which is way more then you could get on all your other gear before this league)

Really looking forward to trying it out, unfortunately I picked a Ice Crash/Cyclone build first this league and am now a bit burned out on it.

€: Tryintodraw, your gear looks pretty good, you should be easily able to do Merciless Izaro with it. Maybe read up a bit on his phases and what you can do to disable them, pick a relatively easy day (see http://www.poelab.com/ for that) and substitute the Multistrike Support with a Life Leech Support. Multistrike is great, but it also locks you in place for a longer time, so you have more problems with dodging attacks. Also try to not panic during the fight, just run around him for a bit without attacking and try to get to know his attacks and the indications of them, so you can dodge the ones with the most damage.

If you think that you have enough damage, but you get oneshotted, you can also replace some of your cold damage jewels with +max life jewels. Hope this helps a bit ;)

:)
Deidbellow OP. Use an amulet with life and cold damage to attacks. Forget Pandemoneous. Deidbellow competes.
So I got lucky and got a lycosidae drop.

I'm really interested in your deidbellow and rallying cry idea, sounds really fun.

My question is: since I have lycosidae should I stick with it and go into Elemental overload and still go for deidbellow?

I have also still been using glacial hammer so far, with ancestral call most mobs get cleared really quickly and it feels good but some of the bosses take a fair bit of whacking even after switching out ancestral with ruthless. I'm still stuck on a five link so far.

Thanks again for the build its been a fun league starter.
Nevermind, prismatic is definitely needed to synergize with deidbellow.

I think I'll experiment and see how they feel.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info