[3.5]Wild Strike||T1-16 viable||UPDATED||500k+ shaper dps + instant leech survivability

"
Why Rat's Nest for helmet?

Assuming it is because it is the highest source of attack speed and crit chance on helm?

So the 20% quality is not needed as the evasion is effectively 0.

correct :)

we have a low amount of phys so we make up for it in crit chance and crit multi to mid max our dps :)
"
exerst wrote:
"
major_Redneck wrote:
ok, ive read this over several times and great job on the build but wat I don't understand is why the dagger nodes and claw nodes. why are they using both?

He wrote to use the claws of the falcon node which is to the left of the dagger nodes.
I think it is only a small mistake. In the path of building of the guide the dagger nodes are not used.

this is probably something i have overlooked as the build used to be a dagger build back when vaal pact instantly leeched life, i turned the build into a bloodseeker claw build to keep its old main aspect of having instant leech

i will be updating the full guide in the future perhaps if you can pin point where this false information is please let me know as we should not be taking any dagger nodes
Last edited by Cchris07 on Aug 16, 2018, 9:08:02 PM
"
Spoiler
Sorry but I have to write an review because of the "110% viable budget league starter!" and the "i have had 100% positive feedback from everyone who has played this build into high level maps." (sure, we see in this thread thats not right.)

This Build is fun and can do some cool Stuff, like Uber Lab (if u took Bloodrage out) and it looks really cool with all the elements.

But this Build is definitive no budget and not beginner friendly - i dont understand how u can use it 4 times for league start. Correct u are relative fast at Lvl 75-85, thats no problem but if u dont have the belly till then i don't know.

The Belly is the only Gear i dont have and i have farmed the rest of the gear + 3 Ex/193c since start of the Incursion Flashback Event.

This Build is not as tanky as you say - u could really easy get oneshottet by many things:
- Crystal Ore Boss, will kill you
- Izaro, can kill you
- Lightning Mirage, can kill you

It's correct "reflect" is no problem, but the rest -> can kill u. Maybe it's the flashback event and it's too hard stuff for this build?

I really wanted the build works for me but now i go tier 10/tier 11 maps -> shipyard Bosses (Warbands) killed me twice.

I read all the comments and invested more and hope "it will work if u invest more" but now i ask to me "is it the 6ex for the belly worht it? Will it change something?"

I go Life first - but now the damage fall back. But if i would go damage first - my life will fall back and I'm kind of squishy - that sucks. :(

My Gear @Incursion Flashback League, right now (Lvl 88):

-> 6k Life
-> 1996 Armour
-> capped Res
-> -5% chaos Res (Poison will kill you so fast without it)

My Damage:
44.485,9 DPS (with HoA and Hatred activ)

and one of the biggest Problems are the bosses - the single target damage is such a fallback because 1.) u cant recast warchief or protector in the fight -> it will kill u and 2.) there are some maps where are no separate arenas and you can switch Ancestral Call for Ruthless.

And what u dont write or mind, u will need reeeeally much INT if you wanna wear Bloodseeker at Lvl 62.

Sorry for this long text but i'm really disappointed because i wanna play at the top of the league and now i'm "scared" run tier11 maps. :(

conclusion:

- Budget: no
- League Starter: just if u find items before Lvl 80
- Beginner friendly: nonono

Edit: and at tier10/tier11 there's a big problem kill these incursion-upgrade-guys fast eniugh for upgrading the room.

thanks for taking the time for this writeup, this build has developed a lot over time and maybe now some things are not so 'true',

for starters i can see problems with your char right away, you do not have a wise oak flask witch is mandatory if u dont wanna die, basallt flast with inc armour/duration is also needed, fortify is also needed.

all these in combination give u 40%+ phys negation and 10% resistance to all elements witch is mandatory to not die, you also wanna break 7k+ life, after reading your feedback i have decided to revamp this entire guide next league as many things have changed during the games updates and this guide is falling into the 'out of date' factor.

if you have a bloodseeker, lycosidae, rats's nest, a cheap corrupt 6l with life
you should be up to t15 viable, does that mean your not goind to die? no! this is path of exile and its easy to die, but as far as expectations go this build will do a crapton for newer players and is ideal for newbies to learn the game and some mechanics coming together, this is my first true 'viable build' but you are right, if you dont put enough gas in the tank you are going to fall short, to go above t15+ viable your gonna need 7-8k+ life, ele weakness on hit gloves and it does get expensive, but at lvl 90 with a belly and the base gear you cannot really complain at what it can actualy do on a budget :) if you shape your atlas at begining of a league you can run maps so fast and make enough currency to have good enough gear to do so, ive done it 4x :)

its all in the guide but maybe i am not so clear on things :P
Last edited by Cchris07 on Aug 16, 2018, 9:37:20 PM
"
wibryz wrote:
"
Sorry but I have to write an review because of the "110% viable budget league starter!" and the "i have had 100% positive feedback from everyone who has played this build into high level maps." (sure, we see in this thread thats not right.)

This Build is fun and can do some cool Stuff, like Uber Lab (if u took Bloodrage out) and it looks really cool with all the elements.

But this Build is definitive no budget and not beginner friendly - i dont understand how u can use it 4 times for league start. Correct u are relative fast at Lvl 75-85, thats no problem but if u dont have the belly till then i don't know.

The Belly is the only Gear i dont have and i have farmed the rest of the gear + 3 Ex/193c since start of the Incursion Flashback Event.

This Build is not as tanky as you say - u could really easy get oneshottet by many things:
- Crystal Ore Boss, will kill you
- Izaro, can kill you
- Lightning Mirage, can kill you

It's correct "reflect" is no problem, but the rest -> can kill u. Maybe it's the flashback event and it's too hard stuff for this build?

I really wanted the build works for me but now i go tier 10/tier 11 maps -> shipyard Bosses (Warbands) killed me twice.

I read all the comments and invested more and hope "it will work if u invest more" but now i ask to me "is it the 6ex for the belly worht it? Will it change something?"

I go Life first - but now the damage fall back. But if i would go damage first - my life will fall back and I'm kind of squishy - that sucks. :(

My Gear @Incursion Flashback League, right now (Lvl 88):

-> 6k Life
-> 1996 Armour
-> capped Res
-> -5% chaos Res (Poison will kill you so fast without it)

My Damage:
44.485,9 DPS (with HoA and Hatred activ)

and one of the biggest Problems are the bosses - the single target damage is such a fallback because 1.) u cant recast warchief or protector in the fight -> it will kill u and 2.) there are some maps where are no separate arenas and you can switch Ancestral Call for Ruthless.

And what u dont write or mind, u will need reeeeally much INT if you wanna wear Bloodseeker at Lvl 62.

Sorry for this long text but i'm really disappointed because i wanna play at the top of the league and now i'm "scared" run tier11 maps. :(

conclusion:

- Budget: no
- League Starter: just if u find items before Lvl 80
- Beginner friendly: nonono

Edit: and at tier10/tier11 there's a big problem kill these incursion-upgrade-guys fast eniugh for upgrading the room.

Your problem is, that your jewellry is utter batshit, and gives you nothing in terms of DPS. Look for rings and amulet with +flat phys damage to attacks, less importantly also %increased ele damage with attacks and flat ele to attacks. My tooltip dps at lvl 71 with out warchief and with lvl ~17 gems is higher than yours just because of 2 rings and amulet with roughly 8-14 flat attack damage. Also, for bosses swap in molten strike and ruthless (I swap in faster attacks instead because I have it levelled, but it's suboptimal). Like, really, do swap the gem for bosses.

Other than that, I believe the BiS chestpiece to be 6L Loreweave, and not a 6L Belly, since it, coupled with a mini lightning coil helmet offers a somewhat better ehp, except against chaos damage.

That said, this is not a budget build if you want it to be really endgame-viable. A 6l is not a luxury item, but totally mandatory, even if it's a tabula.

1000 iq ^ this guy actually followed the guide.

im gonna update the guide, good shout on the lorewave too btw.
Last edited by Cchris07 on Aug 16, 2018, 9:44:10 PM
"
wintersedge wrote:
Will this build be viable for xoph?

yeah done em loads of times :) u want quite high hp tho at least 6.6k+
I feel like i've been scammed real hard.
I bought stuff following the PoB with no resistances thinking the LL would keep me alive and because the PoB has all minus resistances to make it work best with wise oak.
Only now i figured it was just a way to inflate the DPS potential when in fact the PoB items style gives 0 survivability
Very disappointed, and now I have a bunch of crap I need to sell back, probably with lots of currency lost.
Furthermore, this is by no means a budget build. If you use Kaom's roots, lyco shield and helmet suggested, you get 0 resistances from any of these 3 items and need to max all your res with only the gloves, rings and amu and belt, and on top of that all these need to have good damage + life mods.
Needless to say this is crazy expensive...
Back to my totem hierophant
"
lacouille93 wrote:
I feel like i've been scammed real hard.
I bought stuff following the PoB with no resistances thinking the LL would keep me alive and because the PoB has all minus resistances to make it work best with wise oak.
Only now i figured it was just a way to inflate the DPS potential when in fact the PoB items style gives 0 survivability
Very disappointed, and now I have a bunch of crap I need to sell back, probably with lots of currency lost.
Furthermore, this is by no means a budget build. If you use Kaom's roots, lyco shield and helmet suggested, you get 0 resistances from any of these 3 items and need to max all your res with only the gloves, rings and amu and belt, and on top of that all these need to have good damage + life mods.
Needless to say this is crazy expensive...
Back to my totem hierophant

you really thought a build could be viable with negative resistances?
cant wait to see the revamp. do you by chance know when you will be finished?
Hi, I have a question about flasks.

So I managed to find Taste of Hate in the new flashback league, and my resists are all balanced at 83% so I get full Wise Oak benefits. I'm assuming that using Taste of Hate with Wise Oak makes it unbalanced because of the +50% to cold res, BUT if you hit Wise Oak flask button before the Taste of Hate flask button does Wise Oak read that your resists are balanced and give you the full effect, or will the effect get nullified as soon as you hit Taste of Hate after Wise Oak while Wise Oak is still on? Hopefully that makes sense.

Either way, would you recommend dropping Wise Oak for Taste of Hate because I wanna upgrade my rings and I probably won't be able to keep my resists balanced. Is that enough damage reduction to compensate the more damage taken from Berserker ascendancy like Wise Oak does?
IGN: AlexMercer_DS / LowHighLife
Who took this build to endgame? Can some one confirm, that you dont get oneshot by all bosses? Ty. Started build and a bit worried. Ty.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info