[3.5] Ghostly Quad Totem HOWA. 10k ES, 77% Evade, 1.9 Mill Shaper DPS

"
Jaennai wrote:
Tried 2 set uber elder, seems not possible due to ancestral warchief totem range (both Concentrated Effect/Area). Shaper constantly killing totems with beam and bolts while trying to hit elder. Totems live aprox 1-2 seconds near elder before they die, due to placement speed they only hit once then dies. I barely took %40 health from both bosses before all portals used.

We need another solution or another 6 link setup for this. @WaffleT any suggestion?

If its as bad as you say then this boss might just be a boss that totems don't really work on, google only results in 1 totem build taking it down and couldn't do it deathless.

It surprises me the Heiro stuggled that much as between this and the scion molten strike variant of this build I would have considered the heirophant the more reliable boss killer due to its range but as far as my memory goes 2 people from each build posted their uber elder spawn and the heirophant players failed where the scion players succeeded.

Thats a real shame, I recognise that this fight has alot more bullet hell that takes down totems but I thought the heirophant would have near unlimited sustain since it can kite and get all its ES back without flasks or attacking. I did not manage to get the fight to spawn for myself so sorry I won't be much help with tips
"
WaffleT wrote:
"
Jaennai wrote:
Tried 2 set uber elder, seems not possible due to ancestral warchief totem range (both Concentrated Effect/Area). Shaper constantly killing totems with beam and bolts while trying to hit elder. Totems live aprox 1-2 seconds near elder before they die, due to placement speed they only hit once then dies. I barely took %40 health from both bosses before all portals used.

We need another solution or another 6 link setup for this. @WaffleT any suggestion?

If its as bad as you say then this boss might just be a boss that totems don't really work on, google only results in 1 totem build taking it down and couldn't do it deathless.

It surprises me the Heiro stuggled that much as between this and the scion molten strike variant of this build I would have considered the heirophant the more reliable boss killer due to its range but as far as my memory goes 2 people from each build posted their uber elder spawn and the heirophant players failed where the scion players succeeded.

Thats a real shame, I recognise that this fight has alot more bullet hell that takes down totems but I thought the heirophant would have near unlimited sustain since it can kite and get all its ES back without flasks or attacking. I did not manage to get the fight to spawn for myself so sorry I won't be much help with tips

I see. Alright then, except uber elder all content was just smooth with this build. It can kill all shaper guardians and t16 elder guardians, shaper deathless beside any other boss on atlas just easy as pie. Only uber elder fight dosen't fit because too many random sht killing totems even i can invest much money to frags i'm sure i can kill uber elder somehow.

Thanks again for build. Watching you for later builds, take care ;)

Edit: One guy, with another warchief build, achived to kill Uber Elder with totems (just saw video but i don't think it will be appropriate to past below your build post if so shoot me so i can paste it here). It looks like kiting shaper beam and bolts round around room then put totems one by one near elder, looks possible however bit of time sink. Need to adapt timings etc. but it's changed my perspective. I will give a few shots about it and will you guys know.

Last edited by Jaennai on Apr 10, 2018, 5:35:20 AM
The main issue with uber elder (for me atleast) is that that adds who drop the black stuff on the ground don't die fast enough. I feel like I end up spending a ton of time trying to clear them out and that not only slows the fights down but I still end up with much of the arena "hot lava"

For anyone else who has tried are you not running into those issues?
Great Build.. Pretty much followed it exactly.. Except a few things. Just wondering if there are any upgrades? was thinking Perandus Rings out and possibly something else/ . Hopefully you can see my build and see if anything pops out that needs fixing/upgrading :)

Cheers
any ways to bring the build even more further ???
Quick question for you my dude - why in the world wouldn't you take almost 60 % more totem damage with Shamanistic Fury when its only a couple points away from the main tree path for you?

Also, if I could afford Emperor's Mastery, should I get it? I presume the only thing valuable on it is the % increased all stats?
Last edited by dsata on Apr 12, 2018, 10:03:55 AM
"
dsata wrote:
Quick question for you my dude - why in the world wouldn't you take almost 60 % more totem damage with Shamanistic Fury when its only a couple points away from the main tree path for you?

Also, if I could afford Emperor's Mastery, should I get it? I presume the only thing valuable on it is the % increased all stats?

Well, it is increased damage and not more. Making those 4 points really fuckin weak for only 58% increased totem damage. Even 4 clean +10 int nodes would give more damage I think.

As to the Emperor's Mastery. Well, it seems to be around as good a good 4 stat jewel is. Meaning, it will do as much for you as a 2ex jewel would. At a cost of 15ex+. I would not go for it, but if you wanna do it, sure.
Last edited by Mecielle on Apr 12, 2018, 5:25:55 PM
Hi Guys,
I did Uber elder few times now, still not deathless but i just need 1 set for each uber elder by now.
I'm pretty much playing exactly this build in cases of gear, some min-maxing is still to be done but it's viable for everything by now. I dropped the es nodes on top and the ones near Scion for the Shamanistic Fury (Wich is a great help in cases of uber-elder with it's placement speed)

Uber elder is just a bit tricky, placing totems behind bosses and not run in front of them so they don't get shot by elders ice spears or the Shaper's Beam or Ball's.
Elder-Portal phases are simply the same Place totems on one side and move up to the other side. Run left -> right to avoid shaper Balls.

As u see some of the small add's just charge to em and place totems on them until they are dead ( And always keep in mind: Don't stand to close to u'r totems!)

Shaper Portal phase is possibly the easiest in this content, catch some breath guys ;p

The best position to drop the void balls is the right middle between the Clover-Corners.

So u see, this fight is just about movement and totem placement. Try a bit around how to place u'r totems and u'll be able to do it without wasting tons of sets.

Greetings,
Spydeh / [AncestralSpydeh]

Halls of The Grandmaster have been cleared. I made a post about it earlier in this thread, but I made a few updates to the build. This tweak is just for halls, but it also works well in mapping, etc.

Helm---Run increased enfeeble enchant
Chest---Block chance reduction support, Concentrated Effect, Elemental Damage, Damage on Full Life, Elemental Focus---I took out ruthless for pvp.
Phase run helps with movement. I run it in the claw socket.

Two curses: Enfeeble, Poacher's Mark. The 2nd curse was acquired using a +1 curse astramentis---not cheap.

The goal is to reduce incoming damage/accuracy, strip down block chance, and be mobile. Don't be afraid to play it safe and tacitly. One fight lasted ten mins.

This was my 3rd attempt at halls tweaking gear around a bit...and it was almost deathless. I got aggressive at the end. I posted a more detailed play style a few pages back. Anyhow, it's possible, and, likely farm able.

**I do have a lot of currency into this build, so it definitely isn't cheap...but I think a clear can still be achieved making minor changes.
Nevermind, resistance question is answered in the FAQ. I'm a big dummy. Love the build, leveling has been very smooth
Last edited by Soosiz on Apr 15, 2018, 2:54:42 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info