[On Hold] Glacial Cascade Totems [ALL Content in the Game]

"
BuDiu wrote:
Loving my GC Hiero 5 totems this league!

So far has no issues doing all content in the game, Uber Atziri and Uber Elder were easy peasy lemon squeezy!

All that is missing on my setup is my Atziri's Reflection for the icing on the cake!!

Here is my current gear:

Currently running curse immune Quicksilver and Diamond. The flask management is a little annoying but that is the downside until I get the chase unique Atziri's Reflection!

Tooltip GC is around 160k with Hatred in Hideout (no flasks no power charges no totem placed buff).

Using Phys to lighting for the conversion instead of the GC unique jewels. The unique jewels were a big damage loss and i also gain ~14% more life from rare jewels. I also like using Phys to Lighting for the conversion because that way i get like half cold half Lighting damage so I shock a lot.

Tree:

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.2.0/AAAABAUCAQOaBAcEUQSzBUIHHgj0C2EOSBDMEZYWbxo4HNwdFB8CHxgi9CcvKgsqEysmLJwy0TWSNsU6FjrYOuE8BTwtQZZDyEVHRZ1JT0lRTLNN406uTwRR-1NSVUtVxlhtWOVaK1ugXfJh4mQzZlRmnmhaaPJqQ2wLbRlwUnsgfA5_xoKbg1-DzIPbg_OFMoV7hoKJ04w2jmSPGo9Gj_qQVZMnlS6XLZo7muCf36EvogCj8qZXpwinVa4SrrOvbLE2tvq3PrmTvKq86r6KwGbDCcauzRbQH9D11abYJNi942rr7uv17DjtPO987-vwH_DV8h33pviT-tL-Cv6H_o8=?accountName=BuDiu&characterName=LegionGlacier

Currently level 94 in BSC. 6.3k HP and 2k Unreserved mana.

awesome you were able to easily kill uber elder with this - I was watching the OP on stream get absolutely destroyed with a similar/better setup (no offense to him, it's an incredibly difficult fight). I wonder what you did differently.
"
PeopleReady wrote:
"
BuDiu wrote:
Loving my GC Hiero 5 totems this league!

So far has no issues doing all content in the game, Uber Atziri and Uber Elder were easy peasy lemon squeezy!

All that is missing on my setup is my Atziri's Reflection for the icing on the cake!!

Here is my current gear:

Currently running curse immune Quicksilver and Diamond. The flask management is a little annoying but that is the downside until I get the chase unique Atziri's Reflection!

Tooltip GC is around 160k with Hatred in Hideout (no flasks no power charges no totem placed buff).

Using Phys to lighting for the conversion instead of the GC unique jewels. The unique jewels were a big damage loss and i also gain ~14% more life from rare jewels. I also like using Phys to Lighting for the conversion because that way i get like half cold half Lighting damage so I shock a lot.

Tree:

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.2.0/AAAABAUCAQOaBAcEUQSzBUIHHgj0C2EOSBDMEZYWbxo4HNwdFB8CHxgi9CcvKgsqEysmLJwy0TWSNsU6FjrYOuE8BTwtQZZDyEVHRZ1JT0lRTLNN406uTwRR-1NSVUtVxlhtWOVaK1ugXfJh4mQzZlRmnmhaaPJqQ2wLbRlwUnsgfA5_xoKbg1-DzIPbg_OFMoV7hoKJ04w2jmSPGo9Gj_qQVZMnlS6XLZo7muCf36EvogCj8qZXpwinVa4SrrOvbLE2tvq3PrmTvKq86r6KwGbDCcauzRbQH9D11abYJNi942rr7uv17DjtPO987-vwH_DV8h33pviT-tL-Cv6H_o8=?accountName=BuDiu&characterName=LegionGlacier

Currently level 94 in BSC. 6.3k HP and 2k Unreserved mana.

awesome you were able to easily kill uber elder with this - I was watching the OP on stream get absolutely destroyed with a similar/better setup (no offense to him, it's an incredibly difficult fight). I wonder what you did differently.

TBH that fight is all about how you move around and avoid stuff, since that is a very strong aspect of totems. Also making sure you position yourself in a way that stuff they shoot at you, dont hit your totems. This will greatly increase dps uptime from your totems and you will end up spending less time "standing still" casting totems, and wasting flasks to remove curses. Positioning for success was huge IMO.

Unless you're on STD and you're using redic gear like 2x mirrored 100%+ phys as extra weapons etc. In that case, you can afford being lazier since your totems will kill shit soooooooo fast.

I keep both Wirling Blades AND Flame dash in my skills and actually make use of both situationally. I find flame dash to be amazing (except for the 3 charges aspect), and that's why i use both skills to void mechanics and position myself.

Next time I get Uber Elder up I will record and post a video as well!
In first-thank you for build. I chose use the frost wall + CWDT/ And its work very well for survivability.

"
notwisted wrote:
can someone more experienced then me have a look at my build and give some pointers please? I'm hoping to clear uber elder this league.

note about my tree:

I was going for the scion life cause I felt like I had enough dmg and not enough sustain. again pointers here would be appreciated.

still hoping senpai notices me
"
notwisted wrote:
"
notwisted wrote:
can someone more experienced then me have a look at my build and give some pointers please? I'm hoping to clear uber elder this league.

note about my tree:

I was going for the scion life cause I felt like I had enough dmg and not enough sustain. again pointers here would be appreciated.

What sort of feedback are you looking for here?

You're wearing tabula, obviously switching to soul mantle is high priority. 5L soul mantle beats tabula, and that's relatively cheap.

Divinarius is an okay extreme-budget weapon, but it is easy to do better. In the realm of uniques, there's doryani's, which are down to ~20c. But of course the real powerhouse items are the shaper weapons, for those sexy damage conversion stats.

Trolltimber gives leech, which is interesting, but we get 5% life regen just from hierophant, so I'm not sure I see the need. Huge damage can be had from putting a shaper weapon in the offhand.

Your amulet has no damage stats. The best damage stats on amulet are crit multi, cast speed, shaper/elder damage conversion, shaper ele penetration. You'd like to have at least two of these on your amulet, for a start.

No damage flasks. Diamond flask is the biggest possible damage increase. Atziri second. Pretty much everybody should be running both of those. Two mana flasks is way overkill. We get tons of mana regen in build, I stopped running any mana flasks (but if you have issues, run one). Two life flasks also tends to be one more than you need. Some people even run a third damage flask. Silver flask, or taste of hate. I prefer silver, it is cheaper and speeds you up while mapping. Taste of hate is maybe slightly more damage than silver, but not by a lot.

General note, we've got 40% MoM, and you've almost completely neglected mana on gear. You've got one small mana roll on one ring, and nowhere else.

The tree: Trading damage for life is always a valid choice if you're having survival problems, but consider whether it might be easier to trade a bit of damage for mana. We're looking for a 6:4 ratio of life to mana, and you have 3x as much life as mana. The shadow crit stuff is also really really strong, plus there's some life in there anyway.

If you want to drop some damage for life, a less radical approach is to just ditch the AoE circles in witch and possibly templar, and pick up deep thoughts and the rest of purity of flesh. Doing that actually

Here's a paste of you, with the spec changed a little, and two damage flasks added:
https://pastebin.com/nkxhpi8z

All your other gear is left the same. The flasks and tree changes gain you 82% more damage (tree changes alone gain you 20% more damage). The tree changes result in 230 more effective hitpoints (life+mana). If you had mana on more of your gear it would result in even more than that. So gaining both damage and life by returning to something closer to OP's build. All I did was back you out of the scion area, put back the shadow stuff, and back you out of blast radius. That gave the points to finish off the purity of flesh wheel, and to get deep thoughts. Scion life wheel is a lot of travel.
Can anyone look at my character/ gear and give me a bit of advice on which way I should go to improve my character and push high end content? This is the first character I've ever had a non tabula 6-link. I just got the 6 on my Soul Mantle 20 min ago, and not sure which gem set up I should use.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/srt4eblue/characters Character name is ZoticsMiner (but we don't use mines, we use totems. I'm dumb.)

Thanks.
Awesome guide! :)

Used it to transition from frost bolt to glacial cascade, but it dosnt seem so smooth as i thought it would be. Went from allmost unable to die to dieing to alot of things.. :(

I have messed arround with both the gear guide from OP, and also tried out a few of the variations that some of you guys have posted aswell, but it dosnt feel right....

Would love if someone could have a look at my gear and tree to see if iam totally off, or its just me that are the problem..
My chars are open to public and its the char named: WetLockza
ingame name - WetLock
"
"
notwisted wrote:
"
notwisted wrote:

note about my tree:

What sort of feedback are you looking for here?

You're wearing tabula, obviously switching to soul mantle is high priority. 5L soul mantle beats tabula, and that's relatively cheap.

Divinarius is an okay extreme-budget weapon, but it is easy to do better. In the realm of uniques, there's doryani's, which are down to ~20c. But of course the real powerhouse items are the shaper weapons, for those sexy damage conversion stats.

Trolltimber gives leech, which is interesting, but we get 5% life regen just from hierophant, so I'm not sure I see the need. Huge damage can be had from putting a shaper weapon in the offhand.

Your amulet has no damage stats. The best damage stats on amulet are crit multi, cast speed, shaper/elder damage conversion, shaper ele penetration. You'd like to have at least two of these on your amulet, for a start.

No damage flasks. Diamond flask is the biggest possible damage increase. Atziri second. Pretty much everybody should be running both of those. Two mana flasks is way overkill. We get tons of mana regen in build, I stopped running any mana flasks (but if you have issues, run one). Two life flasks also tends to be one more than you need. Some people even run a third damage flask. Silver flask, or taste of hate. I prefer silver, it is cheaper and speeds you up while mapping. Taste of hate is maybe slightly more damage than silver, but not by a lot.

General note, we've got 40% MoM, and you've almost completely neglected mana on gear. You've got one small mana roll on one ring, and nowhere else.

The tree: Trading damage for life is always a valid choice if you're having survival problems, but consider whether it might be easier to trade a bit of damage for mana. We're looking for a 6:4 ratio of life to mana, and you have 3x as much life as mana. The shadow crit stuff is also really really strong, plus there's some life in there anyway.

If you want to drop some damage for life, a less radical approach is to just ditch the AoE circles in witch and possibly templar, and pick up deep thoughts and the rest of purity of flesh. Doing that actually

Here's a paste of you, with the spec changed a little, and two damage flasks added:
https://pastebin.com/nkxhpi8z

All your other gear is left the same. The flasks and tree changes gain you 82% more damage (tree changes alone gain you 20% more damage). The tree changes result in 230 more effective hitpoints (life+mana). If you had mana on more of your gear it would result in even more than that. So gaining both damage and life by returning to something closer to OP's build. All I did was back you out of the scion area, put back the shadow stuff, and back you out of blast radius. That gave the points to finish off the purity of flesh wheel, and to get deep thoughts. Scion life wheel is a lot of travel.

thanks bro !!

I'll have a look at your paste when I get home and try to stay closer to OP's post.
I thought we only got mana Regan from hiro not life regen :/
as for shaper weapons you recommend duel wielding shaper daggers or shaper maces they pretty much have the same stat rolls right ? just daggers are a higher crit base ?
is a tukahama's fortress worth it for the extra totem ? or would we benefit more from a shaper weapon?
Would it be worth iot to take illuminated devotion over divine guidence? would we benifit at all from the life leech and 40% spell dmg? Im already running arcane surge so i feel like it would be a really nice dmg boost if we actually benifit from minimum the 40% dmg (ill have more mana so im actually benifiting from MoM
again thanks for the tips it's exactly what I was looking for !!
Last edited by notwisted on Mar 15, 2018, 5:58:25 AM
Quick question !
This build is good for farm Uberlab ?
Hello, thx for the build. It's realy good. What are you think about use Trolltimber Spire Shield (heal) or Tukohama's Fortress shield (blood magic i think it's not a problem) ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info