[On Hold] Glacial Cascade Totems [ALL Content in the Game]

Hi!
Thanks for the guide, i am trying to follow it in the new league, but i think some of the parts are quite confusing since it seems like the guide is wrote to inquisitor, but i found the guide under hierophant.

I am hierophant and now level 67, i still can't decide what 6 links to put in my tabula, i think the "added fire damage" was meant for the inquisitor version no?

It would be so nice if you would write up the best gem links for the hierophant for all slots.

Edit, another one i really need to get clarification on is frost bomb? i have both frost bomb and elemental weaknes for manual cast, do i need both of those?
Last edited by MaryBane on Mar 3, 2018, 3:01:27 PM
@MaryBane

NOTE: Hierophants should strive to make Glacial Cascade a full cold spell. This means moving away from Physical to Lightning Support and Added Fire. This opens the path for Cold Penetration Support which will be a huge boon to your damage. Similarly finding Shaper mods that give "Gain % Physical as Extra Cold Damage" are prioritized over the other elements.
"
Robilar wrote:
@MaryBane

NOTE: Hierophants should strive to make Glacial Cascade a full cold spell. This means moving away from Physical to Lightning Support and Added Fire. This opens the path for Cold Penetration Support which will be a huge boon to your damage. Similarly finding Shaper mods that give "Gain % Physical as Extra Cold Damage" are prioritized over the other elements.

Thanks a lot for clarifying this for me!

What's full 6L with soul mantle for hierophants?

thoughts?

glacial cascade
increase crit strikes
cold pen
faster casting
controlled destruction( anything better? )
increase area of effect/ conc effect
"
slimemachine wrote:

thoughts?

glacial cascade
increase crit strikes
cold pen
faster casting

I am interested to know this too.
Just remember that like added fire there is added cold, so you might wanna play with that a bit and see how it performs
"
Just remember that like added fire there is added cold, so you might wanna play with that a bit and see how it performs

Added Fire adds dmg based on how much phys damage the baseline brings. Added cold doesnt.
"
slimemachine wrote:

thoughts?

glacial cascade
increase crit strikes
cold pen
faster casting

Im new to this build, just recently returned to PoE. Isnt controlled destruction a problem with the fact that we use crit?

In any case, id love to know the correct 6link for Hiero's too.

And does the orb of storms setup even make sense with Hiero's getting charges from placing totems? If not, what else to use?
"
slimemachine wrote:

thoughts?

glacial cascade
increase crit strikes
cold pen
faster casting

I am using :-

Glacial Cascade
Inc Crit Strikes
Cold Pen
Elemental Focus
Conc Effect/Inc Area of Effect
Spell Totem
"
slimemachine wrote:

thoughts?

glacial cascade
increase crit strikes
cold pen
faster casting

Best thing to do is to sim it in PoB with your gear. But here's a general priority-

High gear (threshold jewels, some shaper mods, good crit):
conc / inc
ele focus / hypothermia
cold pen
controlled destruction
inc crit / faster casting (damage slightly better with crit, mapping slightly smoother with fc)

Low gear (no threshold, no shaper, meh crit):
conc / inc
added fire
ele focus / hypothermia
controlled destruction
phys to light / inc crit (only use phys to light and ele focus together)

I personally prefer the hypothermia route, for the added safety it gives while mapping.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info