PC servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[On Hold] Glacial Cascade Totems [ALL Content in the Game]

"
Keylors wrote:
Hey guys, i make an variant of this build, and i really liked the result, the damage is awesome and the clear speed is very fast to a totem build.

But i have one single problem, THE DEFENSE, i can't do T10~T11 Maps without die at least one time, so it make me nervous since i can't levelling the character because i lose a lot of exp.

So i need yours feedback, how you guys deal with it ??

I considering making some changes on items, maybe take off Soul Mantle for Kaom's and using a 6L Staff (Taryn's Shiver can be a good option).

I would really like to make the build a little more tank, and i don't care about to lose one totem for this.

My Character with itens and Actual Tree: https://pastebin.com/jHKQKTjg

You only have 100% increased life from tree, and none of your gear has mana on it. You don't need to throw out the build, you just need to follow it. 3.3k life and 1.2k mana is absurdly low. You've gone for all of the damage nodes first, which is pretty much the classic rookie mistake in PoE. Your flasks are also a bit fucky, the OP's suggestion of a 5 use mana flask for curse removal is extremely good, leaving other flask slots to allow for other important effects (you don't have any freeze removal, for one).

Respec out of some damage nodes (shamanistic fury, maybe fangs of the viper), and get devotion and quick recovery. Then buy rares with life and mana on them. Once you actually have some life and mana, things will be better.

Replace your cwdt assassin's mark with enfeeble.

Don't run elemental focus. I know the high gear guys are doing it, but if you're having survival issues removing your freeze and chill isn't going to help. You can go completely the other way and put in hypothermia, it is very easy to freeze everything solid.

Don't abandon soul mantle. You're not just losing the third totem, you're losing the 7th damage link. It would be a dramatic loss of damage. Then by using a staff, you would lose even more, because you'd be missing the new shaper mods, which are absurdly powerful.

Laviagna's isn't necessary, you can get the same effect from vaal clarity, with a longer duration. I don't want to say that one is strictly wrong, but it makes curse management more annoying if you don't have a 5 use mana flask for it - and vaal clarity can easily have 100% uptime, it has a much longer duration than vaal haste.
Last edited by magicrectangle on Jan 3, 2018, 8:03:44 AM
"
Keylors wrote:
Hey guys, i make an variant of this build, and i really liked the result, the damage is awesome and the clear speed is very fast to a totem build.

But i have one single problem, THE DEFENSE, i can't do T10~T11 Maps without die at least one time, so it make me nervous since i can't levelling the character because i lose a lot of exp.

So i need yours feedback, how you guys deal with it ??

I considering making some changes on items, maybe take off Soul Mantle for Kaom's and using a 6L Staff (Taryn's Shiver can be a good option).

I would really like to make the build a little more tank, and i don't care about to lose one totem for this.

My Character with itens and Actual Tree: https://pastebin.com/jHKQKTjg

Hello.

As other people said, your build does not have life and mana enough, you absolutely have to go for Devotion and Quick Recovery Nodes. In addition to this, I went for the Life/Mana nodes in the Starting Point (you dont need more damage).

These are my only points related to the passive tree.

In terms of equipement.

Weapons-> Divinarius at level 80 are starting to be not so good for End-Game. Replace them for Daggers/Sceptres with Crit Chance/Crit Multi/Cast Speed/Spell Damage mods. It won't be too hard to buy some of those at a good price ( I have several items for 20-30c for sale much better than Divinarius). Using a Shield with Life/Spell Dam/Crit Chance would be wise too.

Flasks -> Replace Lavianga's by a Basalt Flask with Inmune to Bleeding. Replace your Inmune Bleeding Life Flask with a Mana or Hybrid One (Im actually Using a Hybrid with Inmune Curses Flasks).

Jewels -> You are OK, but try to open another Jewel Slot and put Crit Multi/Life on it (other mods as you need).

Your other gear are OK, but it would be advisble to have some mana (on Ring, on Helmet, On Gloves for example).

With these changes and some levels more, you should hit around 4200 Life and 1500 Mana (and I assure you, that you are going to feel it much better than now).

Gems -> Replace Cold to Fire for Faster Casting. Replace Elemental Focus for Controlled Destruction. Use Concentrate Effect for Bosses and Area of Effect for Map Clearing.

Use Enduryng Cry Gem to generate Endurance Charges, Setup CWDT+IC+ID (with 3 Endurance Charges, duration would be around 3 secs, time to save your ass in Scary Situations).

Finally, Invite me a beer for all of those tips :D

PD: Here is my pastebin build: https://pastebin.com/cN8H5Qzx

HC SSF Harbinguer : Templar Inquisitor, LVL 94 (RIP).
STANDARD : Templar Inquisitor, LVL 97 (ALL CONTENT DONE)
Some general guide updates (adding some tips and tricks) as well as putting my current flask setup in the in-depth gearing section.

The "panicked" works really good with the ryslatha pantheon and I generally leave this on all the time.

"
The reason I have those three GC gems in one of my daggers is because thi3n said to level three alongside the main gem. I don't know why but here I am.
Oh god LOL! Sorry for not clarifying this... you level more glacial cascades on your weapon swap so you can do the 20/20 and vaaling that rectangle mentioned. This is just to get extra value while leveling up. I'll make sure to update the main guide with this info. XD ... too funny!

"
Dropped the shield and made another shaper dagger myself, nothing crazy probably worth around only 3ex, and it took me to 530k tooltip with arcane surge + flasks + 3 frenzy and power charges.(You can snapshot charges with the new gain random charge when stationary boots). I have been dependent on shield charge but now I realize how great Dual-wielding is for early league boss killing. It not only gives straight up more damage, but also opens up crit multipliers while dual wielding mod on jewels which makes getting a decent jewel a LOT easier.

Minotaur down in 2.8 seconds.
https://www.bilibili.com/video/av17867246/

This is without the helm enchant, meaning I still have the 2 unique jewels on tree, or any gain elemental as chaos damage mods on weapons and amulets. If I am to completely min-max the character, my solo tooltip can probbly reach around one million.
Very impressive Mino kill!

Also, welcome to the double dagger darkside ;) The damage is just so busted and makes gearing easier. Losing 100+ flat life (closer to 200-300 after tree) does suck but the crazy damage can trivialize some bossfight phases.

I go over the pros and cons of shield charge vs whirling blades and after using shield charge last league and whirling blades this league... I think I prefer shield charge a bit more overall in terms of how it "feels" but honestly they both have moments where they're clunky.

"
Gear Advice
Check the main guide for specific prioritization in each item slot. There's much more advice then just the quick reference, I go into specific detail on each piece of gear what your priorities are for every slot.

"
Build Variation Questions
If you have a different take on the build I enjoy reading them and seeing the success of other GC Totem Templars. As with everything in this game, it's individual on the items/jewels/nodes/pantheons/skillgems that you have at your disposal.
Last edited by thi3n on Feb 6, 2018, 6:49:44 PM
Is there a any leveling up items for this build ? I'm kinda new to this game and im having difficulties searching for gears and killing mobs ext. I'm currently at level 35

And is this build has a good clear speed for T15+ maps?
Last edited by Hanzoli on Jan 4, 2018, 8:33:17 AM
"

Spoiler
You only have 100% increased life from tree, and none of your gear has mana on it. You don't need to throw out the build, you just need to follow it. 3.3k life and 1.2k mana is absurdly low. You've gone for all of the damage nodes first, which is pretty much the classic rookie mistake in PoE. Your flasks are also a bit fucky, the OP's suggestion of a 5 use mana flask for curse removal is extremely good, leaving other flask slots to allow for other important effects (you don't have any freeze removal, for one).

Respec out of some damage nodes (shamanistic fury, maybe fangs of the viper), and get devotion and quick recovery. Then buy rares with life and mana on them. Once you actually have some life and mana, things will be better.

Replace your cwdt assassin's mark with enfeeble.

Don't run elemental focus. I know the high gear guys are doing it, but if you're having survival issues removing your freeze and chill isn't going to help. You can go completely the other way and put in hypothermia, it is very easy to freeze everything solid.

Don't abandon soul mantle. You're not just losing the third totem, you're losing the 7th damage link. It would be a dramatic loss of damage. Then by using a staff, you would lose even more, because you'd be missing the new shaper mods, which are absurdly powerful.

Laviagna's isn't necessary, you can get the same effect from vaal clarity, with a longer duration. I don't want to say that one is strictly wrong, but it makes curse management more annoying if you don't have a 5 use mana flask for it - and vaal clarity can easily have 100% uptime, it has a much longer duration than vaal haste.

Thanks for the tips it really help me, this is a second build i try to make own my self, so i committed a lot of mistakes, but is wrong that you learn.

I'll make the changes and go back to post my feedback.

You think maybe worth buy an Pandemonius Amulet, to chill enemies and maximize the Hypothermia effects ??
"
lourun_coria wrote:

Spoiler
Hello.

As other people said, your build does not have life and mana enough, you absolutely have to go for Devotion and Quick Recovery Nodes. In addition to this, I went for the Life/Mana nodes in the Starting Point (you dont need more damage).

These are my only points related to the passive tree.

In terms of equipement.

Weapons-> Divinarius at level 80 are starting to be not so good for End-Game. Replace them for Daggers/Sceptres with Crit Chance/Crit Multi/Cast Speed/Spell Damage mods. It won't be too hard to buy some of those at a good price ( I have several items for 20-30c for sale much better than Divinarius). Using a Shield with Life/Spell Dam/Crit Chance would be wise too.

Flasks -> Replace Lavianga's by a Basalt Flask with Inmune to Bleeding. Replace your Inmune Bleeding Life Flask with a Mana or Hybrid One (Im actually Using a Hybrid with Inmune Curses Flasks).

Jewels -> You are OK, but try to open another Jewel Slot and put Crit Multi/Life on it (other mods as you need).

Your other gear are OK, but it would be advisble to have some mana (on Ring, on Helmet, On Gloves for example).

With these changes and some levels more, you should hit around 4200 Life and 1500 Mana (and I assure you, that you are going to feel it much better than now).

Gems -> Replace Cold to Fire for Faster Casting. Replace Elemental Focus for Controlled Destruction. Use Concentrate Effect for Bosses and Area of Effect for Map Clearing.

Use Enduryng Cry Gem to generate Endurance Charges, Setup CWDT+IC+ID (with 3 Endurance Charges, duration would be around 3 secs, time to save your ass in Scary Situations).

Finally, Invite me a beer for all of those tips :D

PD: Here is my pastebin build: https://pastebin.com/cN8H5Qzx

Thank you so much for the tips, i make the changes on path of building and reach 4000 life and 1450 mana, but i don't change my items yet, i'll buy all itens with HP and Mana and change divinarius for a rare dagger, and thank you for the pastbin link it help me a lot.
"
Hanzoli wrote:
Is there a any leveling up items for this build ? I'm kinda new to this game and im having difficulties searching for gears and killing mobs ext. I'm currently at level 35

It is a pretty straightforward build to level. I did it as my league starter, went firestorm until 28, then went glacial cascade and dual totem basically immediately and it was fine just doing that the rest of the way up. Don't neglect life nodes, and you should be fine.

"
And is this build has a good clear speed for T15+ maps?

As good as a totem build can, really. It isn't going to compete with a wander or such for clear speed, but it is quite good. Cast speed also improves totem placement speed, so stack up a good amount to make clear speed feel good.

With long winter and inc AoE the range is truly nuts on the totems, so while your pace is a bit more deliberate, you can clear pretty open maps much more efficiently than a lot of builds, most of which prefer linear maps instead. A few well placed totems clears 2 screens worth of stuff.
"
Keylors wrote:
You think maybe worth buy an Pandemonius Amulet, to chill enemies and maximize the Hypothermia effects ??

Not necessary, glacial cascade will chill the enemies itself, and the stats on that amulet are pretty meh. The cold penetration is basically useless since we're inquisitors, and it has no life. Just get a rare.

Shaper amulets are ideal with the phys as extra ele, but they're pricey if you actually want good stats on them as well (which you do). Something like this is pretty good and cheap:
"
"
Keylors wrote:

Not necessary, glacial cascade will chill the enemies itself, and the stats on that amulet are pretty meh. The cold penetration is basically useless since we're inquisitors, and it has no life. Just get a rare.

Shaper amulets are ideal with the phys as extra ele, but they're pricey if you actually want good stats on them as well (which you do). Something like this is pretty good and cheap:

As i promissed, i make the changes and come back to post the results.

The build seems 100% better, tank much more damage, i make changes on Flaks, Gems, Items and Tree.

So i drop the lavianga's for a mana Flask with freeze and chill removal (and using vaal clarity linked with inc duration, the actual duration is 16 seconds, much better than flask).

And get Gloves amulet and Helmet With Life AND MANA, Buy a Rare Dagger better than divinarius(this was very expensive) and get a Shield with life and mana ( i change for a second dagger on future when i get currency for that).

The Gems, i Replace Elemental focus for Hypothermia, Cold to Fire for Faster Casting, and seems much better, the Freeze Helps a LOT they try attack me and freeze on the way.

And the tree i drop some damage nodes for Quick recovery and devotion.

With This Changes i went from 3.3k HP and 700 ES and 1.3k Mana for 4.1K HP and 900 ES and 1.7k Mana

And i got to levelling 2 levels on this morning (before the changes i take 3 days and can't levelling 1 level because i die a lot) and i can farming T11 maps easy, and i did the desert springs map (T13) deathless (i die on this map with my other build so do this map deathless make me really happy)

So i wanted to Thank you guys for the help me with this.

Follow the pastbin if anyone want take a look : https://pastebin.com/geprn52p
Cool, congratz :)
HC SSF Harbinguer : Templar Inquisitor, LVL 94 (RIP).
STANDARD : Templar Inquisitor, LVL 97 (ALL CONTENT DONE)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info