[On Hold] Glacial Cascade Totems [ALL Content in the Game]

Well, here's my gear. I recently beat the game and am working on the Atlas now. I haven't run into any real issues combat-wise but I'm open to any suggestions for improving my performance. My current GC tooltip is 20k.

I use every Orb of Fusing I can get my hands on to make this into a 6-link. No luck so far.

Just bought this today:
Looking at getting an amulet with 27% crit, 25% multi and 14% phys-as-lightning, for a nice 30% total with the dagger. It'll mean a large drop in my resistances, though.

The reason I have those three GC gems in one of my daggers is because thi3n said to level three alongside the main gem. I don't know why but here I am.

My passive tree: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.1.1/AAAABAUBAAKWBAcEswVCBx4I9AmqDkgRLRGWFm8Wvxo4HNwdFCL0JpUqEyycMtE2xTpYPAU9X0GWRKFFR0WdSU9JUUyzTq5SU1NSVEdVS1XGWOVZ81orXfJh4mSdZlRmnmjyakNsC20Zcg91_XyDf8aD24PzhG-FMouMjDaOZI8aj0aP-pBVkm6TJ5RvlS6XLZeVl_Sa4J7EogCj8qa-pwiuEq6zsTa1SLb6uZO8VryqvOrAZsCawwnDE9D10nzUQtgk2fzjauvu6_XvfPAf8NXyHfem-d360g==
"
FeatherSigil wrote:
The reason I have those three GC gems in one of my daggers is because thi3n said to level three alongside the main gem. I don't know why but here I am.

I can't see why you need more than two either... Once the first is at L20 and the second around L18, then you make the first one Q20 and once it is more effective than the other, you switch again...
"
Cyzax wrote:
"
FeatherSigil wrote:

I can't see why you need more than two either... Once the first is at L20 and the second around L18, then you make the first one Q20 and once it is more effective than the other, you switch again...

If all you wanted was a 20/20 gem, you can buy somebody's failed corruption for 3 chaos (and actually you should do this as soon as you're level 70 and can use it).

The goal with leveling extras (and I leveled 6 extras at a time on my weapon swap) is to try to corrupt one to level 21. I succeeded on my second set. Meaning I leveled a full 6 of them to 20/20, failed all the corruptions, then leveled another 6 of them to 20/20, and succeeded in corrupting one of those to 21/20.
"
FeatherSigil wrote:
Well, here's my gear. I recently beat the game and am working on the Atlas now. I haven't run into any real issues combat-wise but I'm open to any suggestions for improving my performance. My current GC tooltip is 20k.

Don't buy any big-ticket items. Most of your items are terrible (self found I assume). You can buy items to replace them at a few chaos each to get your life, mana, and resists in order. As I mentioned above, also buy a 20/20 failed corrupted glacial cascade.

After you've done that, save up for a 5L soul mantle. Keep pumping fusings into your 6S one, but if you don't luck out on that buy a 5L. They run around 25c, and can always be re-sold if you ever hit on the one you're fusing.
"
"
FeatherSigil wrote:

Don't buy any big-ticket items. Most of your items are terrible (self found I assume). You can buy items to replace them at a few chaos each to get your life, mana, and resists in order. As I mentioned above, also buy a 20/20 failed corrupted glacial cascade.

After you've done that, save up for a 5L soul mantle. Keep pumping fusings into your 6S one, but if you don't luck out on that buy a 5L. They run around 25c, and can always be re-sold if you ever hit on the one you're fusing.

Oh, I didn't realize my gear was so bad...

Which items are worth keeping? What should I be aiming for in trying to replace the ones that aren't?
Assuming you plan to use kaom's roots, as the guide suggests, you'll need to fix your resists without boots, and likely without amulet, as a good damage amulet isn't going to have much in the way of resists. On top of that you want at least 80 life on hat and gloves, and at least 70 life on amulet and ring. You also want mana on as many of these as possible.

It is often cheapest to buy them uncrafted on poe.trade, and craft them yourself. If there's open prefix room, you can craft mana on yourself. If there's open suffix room, you can craft a resist on yourself.

Here's an example glove search:
http://poe.trade/search/okoukoomisarab

Top result:

88 life, 66% total resist, room to craft mana. (The armor/evasion and the stun/block recovery are a single, hybrid mod, so there's room for one prefix).

Repeat for each slot. I know you got a glacial cascade enchant on your hat, and the hat actually isn't too terrible (76 life, 86 resists, no mana), so if you wanted to stick with that item it would be fine. Just make sure when you're buying items that you balance out resists, and that you get bases that will color easily for your socket needs. For example that armor/evasion glove base would be a good one to put a 4-link whirling blades in (2g2r ~= 4 chroms), in a pinch you could put your CWDT in it (3R1b ~-27 chroms, or about a chaos worth of chroms).

There's a calculator for figuring out how many chroms you can expect to spend:
https://siveran.github.io/calc.html

Also if poe.trade fails to recognize whether a mod is a prefix or suffix, you can figure it out by looking at:
http://poeaffix.net/

Often the ones poe.trade fails to recognize will be the cheapest, because quick browsers won't know if they can enchant it or not, and you can get deals that way.
I upgraded my belt, gloves and ring. I also re-allocated my extra gems so that I can use Kaom's Roots.

Once I unlock master crafting in my hideout I'll be able to have maxed resistances without my amulet.
Just took down all 4 guardians today with chimera is the most difficult one. The cloud phase just rip me to pieces with absolutely no mana left. But the damage is still too redundant to finish him off (not remember the map mods but i was certainly cursed with enfeeble).
Got a friend of mine also play gc totem but with a pathfinder. Dps tooltip for gc is more than 300k with all flasks up (inc taste of hate)
Not sure if that build is so much stronger or anything was wrong. Because i got some decent gears but my ho's damage is only 120k and around 180k with flask and arcane surge up.
DPS isn't relevant for smoke phase, he's invulnerable. The only way to end smoke phase is to walk (or shield charge / whirling blades) into the smoke cloud he's in.

I use a granite flask of iron skin for his smoke phase, mitigates a surprising amount of the damage (it is relatively fast hits, not huge slow hits, so armor is good against it).

As for your DPS comparison, your friend might just have better gear than you, but remember as an inquisitor you ignore enemy resists for free, and guardians have 40% resist all. Pathfinders do get 10% penetration for free, but that's a far cry from 40%. That penetration is not accounted for on your tooltip. Neither is righteous providence or augery of penitence.

If you want a more accurate comparison, you should compare your friend's and your damage in path of building, rather than tooltips.
Just got my first sharper kill ever today with this build, thanks for the awesome build. Much like yours last league, finished it with no portals left xD.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info