[On Hold] Glacial Cascade Totems [ALL Content in the Game]

@thi3n

ive watched your videos and followed the guide to a T almost and i cant figure some things out and im in desperate need of help

watching your video you tank shaper balls in uber elder and i cant even handle 1 ball in normal shaper. ive downed shaper and uber atziri deathless. but it was because i played it 100% perfect and didnt get hit at all.

my gear compared to yours in the youtube video you have 25 more base health than me and i have a total of 4600 and you have 5000, i even have more life nodes than you because i respec'd out of some damage to be a bit beefier and it doesnt help. if i dont play perfect im 1 shot by mobs in maps as well.. i just dont understand where the big difference is. im in desperate need of some help!

please and thanks in advance

https://pastebin.com/KtE555NL

Why elemental focus on bosses? More dmg but cant freeze them or?
Hi Thien,
When I tried swapping the Helmet with 40% increased GC damage with the one that has 40$ physical to cold damage, I actually lost a significant amount of damage (according to POB).
Knowing that when I go full cold conversion, and GS has 36% cold penetration but still I dont know which helmet I should go for.
So this is my second season with the build. I don't play enough for it to be a starter build, it's more of a permanent one :)

My only issue is the movement speed. It's really noticeable when doing daily rotations with others, especially some of those bow builds that go all over the place and are killing stuff while I'm still waiting for my totem to go off. I'm wondering if I should just get movement speed boots instead of kaoms roots.

Whirling blades is also very wonky in many zones as it gets stuck on places all the time.

I've started watching Thi3n's stream vod from launch to see how I can be more efficient though
Last edited by FrodoFraggins on Sep 7, 2018, 10:53:43 AM
"
Hi there.

To which extent is it worth using Acrobatics and Phase Acrobatics in this league? I think it could be quite interesting given that the Crawler Mechanics in this league however we should choose between having less life or less damage. So , can you please explain if it is really worthy?
It was just OK, I do like Dodge and Spell Dodge but it's quite a passive point investment.

"
@thi3n

ive watched your videos and followed the guide to a T almost and i cant figure some things out and im in desperate need of help

watching your video you tank shaper balls in uber elder and i cant even handle 1 ball in normal shaper. ive downed shaper and uber atziri deathless. but it was because i played it 100% perfect and didnt get hit at all.

my gear compared to yours in the youtube video you have 25 more base health than me and i have a total of 4600 and you have 5000, i even have more life nodes than you because i respec'd out of some damage to be a bit beefier and it doesnt help. if i dont play perfect im 1 shot by mobs in maps as well.. i just dont understand where the big difference is. im in desperate need of some help!

please and thanks in advance

https://pastebin.com/KtE555NL
What about your mana? I Life, Mana, Mind over Matter, and Resistances are the only defensive layers I have. I think in the video I am using Purity of Ice in my Essence Worm.

"
Why elemental focus on bosses? More dmg but cant freeze them or?
Depending on the HP of the boss you can still chill/freeze.

"
Hi Thien,
When I tried swapping the Helmet with 40% increased GC damage with the one that has 40$ physical to cold damage, I actually lost a significant amount of damage (according to POB).
Knowing that when I go full cold conversion, and GS has 36% cold penetration but still I dont know which helmet I should go for.
The GC Conversion enchant is to just give you another option for conversion. If you already have conversion from something else then this enchant does nothing for you.

So this is my second season with the build. I don't play enough for it to be a starter build, it's more of a permanent one :)

"
My only issue is the movement speed. It's really noticeable when doing daily rotations with others, especially some of those bow builds that go all over the place and are killing stuff while I'm still waiting for my totem to go off. I'm wondering if I should just get movement speed boots instead of kaoms roots.

Whirling blades is also very wonky in many zones as it gets stuck on places all the time.

I've started watching Thi3n's stream vod from launch to see how I can be more efficient though
You are never going to keep up with the clearspeed rangers in groups. It's what they specialize in. I have a Kinetic Blast Deadeye build that will absolutely shred in groups if that's your thing. Try using Shield Charge instead of Whirling Blades and getting movespeed boots and a quicksilver flask if you are interested in moving fast.
"
thi3n wrote:
You are never going to keep up with the clearspeed rangers in groups. It's what they specialize in. I have a Kinetic Blast Deadeye build that will absolutely shred in groups if that's your thing. Try using Shield Charge instead of Whirling Blades and getting movespeed boots and a quicksilver flask if you are interested in moving fast.

this.

well i was able to farm with 55% base movement speed and even dropped quicksilver for onslaught flask, but it's only achievable by using two different setups "farming" vs "uberelder".

here is my post in this thread from 3.07.18, after a month into Incursion league

Spoiler
A major update of my interpretation of this build.

Maybe the final version, I will see.

Got level 97 today.

Headhunter works wonderful with AoE setup.
Sometimes the top of the screen looks like those Windripper bois :)

You can see my tree in the profile.
At some point I reskilled into so-called HC version and I don't regret it.
4.9к HP while farming at 55% base movement speed, and around 6k at Uber Elder.

Now the breakdown...

Gear that stay always the same (farming, XP or Uber Elder)

Spoiler

I swap Crit Strikes and AoE to Conc Effenct and Elem Focus on elder/shaper guards, other bosses die on the farm setup.

XP/MF additional setup:

Spoiler

Uber Elder replacement setup for the farming items above:

Spoiler

I kill Uber Elder absolutely safe. The build itself allows it 100% and is at the same time almost top tier for farming if you maximize movement speed and AoE like me.

I tried Atziri's Reflection but sold it back, it brings not so much difference and the complete setup which requires belt and two expensive rings to compensate it costs like 50exa, not worth it unleast I get them somehow very easy in the next days, might try it once again.

For now, I strictly prefer the Kikazaru rings version, no tedious flask curse removal.

Thanks again thi3n!

EDIT: just killed UE deathless! YEAH.
Last edited by RushBone on Sep 7, 2018, 7:35:38 PM
Well I'm not so much worried about keeping up in groups, I'm worried that those build will also clear maps much faster as well.

I use two quicksilvers and fast boots until about kitava and then I've dumped them to be safe. But most of the time I don't need two health pots and so I'm sure I could swap one out for the quicksilver. And are Kaoms Roots mainly for the slow movement curse(plus health)?

I'll try some of the suggested changes for easier content

Last edited by FrodoFraggins on Sep 8, 2018, 2:34:10 AM
I found one of these, and I wondered if it makes sense to invest 7 points to get the 4th notable on the top of the tree to make it working. It sounds like a very fun item, but I´m not sure if it gives you enough punch to lose 7 points somewhere else on the tree. What do you think?

(Inspired Learning Crimson Jewel)
"
pbuedi wrote:
I found one of these, and I wondered if it makes sense to invest 7 points to get the 4th notable on the top of the tree to make it working. It sounds like a very fun item, but I´m not sure if it gives you enough punch to lose 7 points somewhere else on the tree. What do you think?

(Inspired Learning Crimson Jewel)

sell asap and upgrade your gear
"
RushBone wrote:

Do you mind to teach me how did you crafted those weapons?
I'm having serious difficulties to find a suitable one.
no more purchases or recommendations til the trade system is fixed.
Last edited by Marchosiae on Sep 9, 2018, 4:28:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info