[On Hold] Glacial Cascade Totems [ALL Content in the Game]

"
enisan12 wrote:
what if we use cold pen instead of faster casting wont it be better?

Depends on your gear / how much of your damage is cold. Sim it in PoB with your own gear to find out what gems are best for you.
Hello there,

I really like this build, my first totem build. Approching to shaper fight, guardians was variable ... (and opposing to my expérience with them) : phoenix and chimera was a joke, hydra was difficult but ok, minotaur was a pain with his area damage. Red elder without problems.

Looking PoB to check different skill, and i'm surprised to see that hypothermia, cold pen and empower (level 4) is worse than elemental focus or controlled destru. DPS is just better if I remplace faster casting, but i think that FC is better to map.

Can you looking my stuff for improvement ? I will try self flag + kikazaru for shaper fight, but have all res max will be difficult. Looking for better weapons, but the possibilities ara really expensive.

Thanks you for your feed back.

Have fun,

Ulren
Hi, hoping to get some advice on where I would get the best bang for my buck on some budget upgrades. I mostly do red maps, have killed red elder on t14 (with 5 portals) and a t15 guardian. Clearing maps goes pretty quickly, but guardians and elder make my dps feel sort of weak. I'm not planning on killing uber elder, just hoping for shaper, red elder, and t15-16 map farming. I just upgraded my weapons, but outside of that, I'm not sure where to go next. If you guys can suggest soem upgrades on a ~1-2ex budget, I'd appreciate it.

just got this jewel and i'm wondering if would work with this build
"
pyro008 wrote:
Hi, hoping to get some advice on where I would get the best bang for my buck on some budget upgrades. I mostly do red maps, have killed red elder on t14 (with 5 portals) and a t15 guardian. Clearing maps goes pretty quickly, but guardians and elder make my dps feel sort of weak. I'm not planning on killing uber elder, just hoping for shaper, red elder, and t15-16 map farming. I just upgraded my weapons, but outside of that, I'm not sure where to go next. If you guys can suggest soem upgrades on a ~1-2ex budget, I'd appreciate it.

A boots enchantment (penetration or crit chance) and if you don't mind losing some life and res, you can consider the tactician unique belt. Your support gems aren't 20% yet, so that will be a decent boost once you get them

If you can get more currency like 5-6ex, 6L mantle is a big dmg boost as well
"
bluwara wrote:
just got this jewel and i'm wondering if would work with this build

If you use elemental weakness instead of frostbite it might work. Give it a shot! Experiment and see how it does.
So he talks about how other supports like Empower 4, Hypothermia or Increased Critical Strike Damage are close to Increased Critical Strikes support gem when it comes to the damage they add.

That makes me think that using this:

and swapping to one of the other supports would be a huge damage boost (or even using it on top of Inc Crit Strikes, gotta test it in PoB). Yet he doesn't mention this mod in the guide, only the conversion one. (Also with some divining I would get a 50% MoM when I manage to put in a low level Clarity+Blood Magic)

Also, for Hierophant, a rare body armour with base crit, life and resists sounds like the more comfortable way to go than with a Soul Mantle. Lose a totem and a support, get base crit to make up for losing the support, and get a lot of life. And no annoying Soul Mantle downside.

Just trying to figure out if the guide simply did not go into the very expensive endgame possibilities, or if I am missing something and both of my ideas make no sense :D
Last edited by Mecielle on Apr 13, 2018, 12:55:18 AM
kill elder at lv 69
hom at lv 69
uber lab at lv 69

nice build! (xay dung tot :))_
"
Just trying to figure out if the guide simply did not go into the very expensive endgame possibilities, or if I am missing something and both of my ideas make no sense :D

The Crit Watchers eye is very good. Adding nearly 20% base crit is fantastic for a build that wants to stack crit and crit multi.

A shaper Chest with 1.5 Crit is a great option. Increased Crit Strikes gives you ~2 crit. You do lose out an an extra totem but if I had a well rolled Shaper Astral plate with massive life + resists and 1.5 base spell crit then I'd probably use that.

In both your cases you're talking some really endgame min/maxing that isn't going to apply to 99% of players.
Any tips for Alluring Abyss?
I spent 4 portals just for the 1st boss, got to the 2nd witch was much easier and pretty straight forward, but never got to Atziri herself.
I dont know how i feel about a totem build, i dont think i like it much. Had tried chieftain in the past and abandoned it.
But i m not starting another char on this league, i will finish it with this.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info