[3.4] ELE CLAW INQUISITOR | Farm Shaper on 3Link! + UberElder, UberAtziri | very Budget friendly!

First up, well-written guide!

I am currently looking for a reliable and fast bosskiller. I have my Cyclone Slayer and RF Sion for fast mapping, so the character will mostly be used for Guardians/Shaper/U-Atziri.

With that said, I am particularly interested in your BF + Flicker Strike combination. (Got a BF Assasine and Flicker Slayer and while I liked both playstyles - I didn't like the choosen characters.

Now on to my questions:

1. What Level do you have to be to effectively farm Guardians/Shaper?

2. Apart from the weapon and the Tempest Binding Helmet I have all the required gear lying around. I also have around 400chaos to invest, so the Helmet is no Problem. That leaves the weapon - what would you say is needed to effectively/comfortable keep up Flicker strike in yellow maps (To Level up)?

Thanks in advance!
Has anyone looked at using essence of hysteria crafted gloves as an alternative pseudo 5l, maybe for the lightning strike/molten strike variant?
Would free up the helm for a better allround one or maybe just one with a cheaper enchant.

Might have a play with PoB.

"
Wearscapeirl wrote:

You could use some more HP and flat damage on your rings/amulet, but your gear looks decent. Give it a shot!

yeah went ahead and attempted twice was able to reach till stage 3 without much problems , but my poor mechanical skills kinda doesnt help all those orbs and clone bang bang im dead, will try some more runs !

EDIt.. hell yeah killed him, once i realised i could tank pretty much everything except the slam , it was a cake walk..

thanks a lot gornoGG, you are awesome !!!
Last edited by h3llw4rd3n on Sep 25, 2017, 11:48:04 AM
Managed to defeat Shaper again on my second try and got the Starforge.

Also, i killed Esh yesterday (very easy fight) and got her amulet and her blessing at the same time. What is your opinion about her amulet Choir of the Storm, GornoDD? It gives us intelligence that we need, lightning damage, increase our critical strike chance and trigger a lightning bolt whenever we crit. I'm currently testing it instead of a regular rare amulet.
"
ExDream00 wrote:
Managed to defeat Shaper again on my second try and got the Starforge.

Also, i killed Esh yesterday (very easy fight) and got her amulet and her blessing at the same time. What is your opinion about her amulet Choir of the Storm, GornoDD? It gives us intelligence that we need, lightning damage, increase our critical strike chance and trigger a lightning bolt whenever we crit. I'm currently testing it instead of a regular rare amulet.

Why not take this as an opportunity to learn PoB? I wont tell you if its better or worse than a good rare amulet and at what amount of lightning resist it outweights one.

:)
Had a play with the hysteria gloves idea in PoB- looks like it should work. Not tried for real yet as just levelling atm. One issue is you lose the utility of the ice bite and innervate procs. If I can clear ok with it I might use ice bite anyway
Grabbed a +3 molten shell rat's nest - cheaper than a starkonja. Will look out for a decent pair of hysteria gloves. Can use thunderfist to start with - though no life on gloves or helm isn't great for proper endgame.

Little update in case anyone else is interested in going the same way as me, and levelling using lightning strike and molten strike (I like to use my endgame skills as soon as I can, so I can feel the progression). None of this means anything endgame wise, but I persoanlly don't just see levelling as something to get over as fast as possible, I like a fun experience.

- LS is a bit clunky for levelling without much attack speed, plus story zones have lots of obstacles. I might switch in frost blades until later.

- Molten strike, with 2 threshold gems, even on a 4l, without multistrike and not the optimal links is still nuts for single target. Assuming using tabula/having belly ready I'd do it this way round with clear skill on 6l , it doesn't need any more links yet.

- I'm delaying getting claw nodes and using a ewar's mirage for now. Works OK. Got a mortem morsu I could drop in soon though, no ele, but decent crit.

Nothing to do with levelling, but what the hell is happening with Jewel prices? People are expecting crazy money for average jewels and totally crazy for anything decent. They can't really be selling can they? Scour Alcing jewels is looking like a profitable exercise if they really are.

This is my actual gear on a lvl85 with all 4 ascendancies, I have to change boots with something with fire res so I can switch to bisco's collar for clearing (sacrificing some dps I know, but I can always switch back to other ammy for bosses), and I know I can have a much better weapon but so far no luck with drops, considering I need also some int if I want to avoid using an int node in the tree. I'm experimenting with flicker strike and molten strike but i'm not really convinced about the former, since its dps seems a bit low for high level maps (I haven't tried tier higher than 13 so far), and its scaling seems a bit underwhelming. Nothing to say about MS, for bosses is nuts, but I'll try also BF.

Thanks for the build, it's so much versatile, I'm in love with it!
"
GornoDD wrote:
So heres another quick update on my end. Im getting asked alot why im changing so much gems and gear all the time, wich mostly comes from my ventures into diffrent variation for the build.

Yesterday I managed to craft Oblivion Song

It took me alot of investmentment but Im more than happy with the result. Its a 400edps claw wich I will divine to 440 eps soon, wich makes it almost-mirror-worthy imho.

Why is this a Gemini-Claw? The reason is that I specifically construted this for a Build variation involving "Flicker Strike" in "Tempost Binding". The flat mana leech is necessary to sustain flicker strike (just %leech isnt enough).

This is by far one of the fastest clearing non-vaal-skill setups I have ever played. However I dont feel its perfect for everyone. Flicker is a "love it or hate it" affair. Me personally have an literal obsession with flicker strike. However it requires some seriously good gear. You need to have enough damage to oneshot most trash mobs to keep flickering (on kill frenzy charges is the reason).

So im very hesitant to recomment this to you. But if your interested you need to know exactly what your doing.

heres a quick demo of this flicker version in a spider-forest (the home of "the doctor")

hey gorno, can u help me to improve flikcer damage?

I think in tempest bind flicker 40% damage enchant, im farming spider forest crazy mode but still die..
Hey, thanks for the great guide!

One suggestion I would make to the tree - I think it's better to go for another jewel than it is to go for Hired Killer.

With jewel you're getting +7% Life instead of +14% but you can also get a lot additional DPS and +20 INT on the way there as well.

Which is actually quite important since this build desperately needs INT for high level Wrath so this opens up some more options when it comes to gearing.

Besides, you can get +15% Life instead of +14% for the same three points invested.
Last edited by Sindalar on Sep 27, 2017, 9:06:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info