[3.4] ELE CLAW INQUISITOR | Farm Shaper on 3Link! + UberElder, UberAtziri | very Budget friendly!

"
Raazen wrote:
"
inferNOH wrote:
sure, the 3r3b setup also runs AC, but not for single target.. I also get more DPS with the 3r3b gems. And the guide also states
"
In theory and with perfect exection this setup is as strong as the 3R3B Setup

That is the reason why i swapped from 4r2b to 3r3b. You NEED the AC spawns in correct position to reach the same potential as 3r3b, otherwise you will loose DPS. That is what i read out of the guide and hundreds of pages in this thread.

Switching from Heralds to Wrath and 4r2b to 3r3b gave me a MUCH HIGHER single target kill potential, and even a slightly higher mapping dps (although, not that satisfying as HoI with shatter and explosions).

Ofc you will deal more dmg without AC if u cant position urself since it becomes a 5L.
3R3B will never outdmg 4R2B if u position urself properly.

This answers my question. So *provided that* you position correctly as in the diagrams Gorno provided, 4R 2B does 20% more dps than 3R 3B.

I always just assumed the positioning trick was necessary so that 4R 2B could -keep up with and do similar- single target dps to 3R 3B, I did not realise it would surpass 3R 3B if executed correctly. (OP's words : "In theory and with perfect exection this setup is as strong as the 3R3B Setup")

And here I spent a fortune colouring my Belly FROM 4R 2B to 3R 3B ><

IGN : Drahmin (Legion SC League)
Timezone : GMT(+2:00) South African Standard Time
Legion Crafting Service thread : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2568765
Standard Crafting Thread (For Vouches) : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2207913/page/1
Last edited by Daegon on Mar 28, 2018, 9:01:18 AM
"
Daegon wrote:

This answers my question. So *provided that* you position correctly as in the diagrams Gorno provided, 4R 2B does 20% more dps than 3R 3B.

I always just assumed the positioning trick was necessary so that 4R 2B could -keep up with and do similar- single target dps to 3R 3B, I did not realise it would surpass 3R 3B if executed correctly. (OP's words : "In theory and with perfect exection this setup is as strong as the 3R3B Setup")

It might be better with lesser gear, "Added lightning" does more with less elemental dmg scaling,
But "Elemental dmg with attacks" outscales "Added lightning" with higher flat ele on ur gear.
Last edited by Raazen on Mar 28, 2018, 9:28:35 AM
Quick Question: Does "Area Damage" increase the damage from Molton Strike still? I read that some skills are not affected by it anymore, since you cannot dodge the damage after it is inflicted or something (i.e. Blight). Juwels with Area Damage seem to sim very low in PoB and ingame.
Last edited by Moethelion on Mar 28, 2018, 10:38:02 AM

hello, this is mi equip, what changes can I make?
"
"
Prong007 wrote:
I thought about changing ancestral call against fire penetration for boss fights, but PoB just showing a very small dps increase, why?!

Because of the ascendancy. Look at it Inevitable Judgement. That pretty much negates any penetration (or the need for it really). If your crit chance hits about 50%, you'll pump out so many of them that it makes things like fire pen useless. Even non-crits have a hefty 10% penetration tied to them. If you want to scale the build, raw base elemental damage is the best way to go. Things like added lightning for example.

But you never want to drop AC. Not even for boss fights. It generates two additional minions that kick out the same damage you do. So you get 3x the projectile count. That's a whopping 300% MORE multiplier. 300%. That is unprecedented. So while each projectile may deal less damage with AC, you generate 3x the amount. You just have to know how to use it, so its a play thing not a raw dps thing.

Thanks for clarification, I was just wondering why the increase with fire penetration of my 50% non-crits is such low. The + 10% penetration of the ascendency is something but I thought that additional fire penetration would have made a bigger difference. But I also forgot to take crit flask into account, which ends up with only 24% non crit hits.
Will work on my positioning to make use of AC in boss encounters.
Last edited by Prong007 on Mar 28, 2018, 12:55:18 PM
"
Raazen wrote:
"
Daegon wrote:

It might be better with lesser gear, "Added lightning" does more with less elemental dmg scaling,
But "Elemental dmg with attacks" outscales "Added lightning" with higher flat ele on ur gear.

I personally prefer 3R3B myself. Some enemys just chase you really hard and you pretty much cant ever benefit of the additional AC. For any content pre-t16 4R2B is more convenient.

"
Moethelion wrote:
Quick Question: Does "Area Damage" increase the damage from Molton Strike still? I read that some skills are not affected by it anymore, since you cannot dodge the damage after it is inflicted or something (i.e. Blight). Juwels with Area Damage seem to sim very low in PoB and ingame.

Yes it does. The small orbs are "the aoe part" of the skill. Something thats is scritly called "melee damage" does however not increase the orbs damage. The reason those are so low, is they are just increased damage. You should always check for crit multi. If you get a good budget jewel with some AoE damage its still fine since you still have something then.

"
Valkfrit wrote:

hello, this is mi equip, what changes can I make?

amulet needs multi (multi is really good). taming ring is super horrible with ele focus, cause you dont get any benefit if your not causing ailments. your stuff has no life whatsoever, wich is super-bad! you dont need damage in this build, you need life to survive. I pointed it out about over 100 times (and thats an actualy number) in this thread that Life is the utmost important stat. Dont use spiked gloves in a molten strike build, melee damage gives your meatball no damage.

All in all I really really need to you read the "how to gear your character" section again PLEASE! you pretty much didnt follow any advice I painstakingly explained there.
Hi guys, still leveling a character to try this build, i found this claw what do you think about it ? Thanks

"
Shinro28 wrote:
Hi guys, still leveling a character to try this build, i found this claw what do you think about it ? Thanks

Well its a good start I guess, as well as it is able to send anyhting in the game too their doom :)
For Uber-Elder later down the line you should look for an upgrade. Until then it will serve well
i'll add my two cents to ongoing coloring debate. I'm far from being a pro yet have some minor experience with this build so i'll just share what i've seen thus far.

I hate changing gems and prefer set up to do all. I used 3b 3r set up once i started this build last league. It was okay. But once i've changed to 4r2b i would never go back. It might be lower sheet and such but who cares about it anyway ;) It feels much smoother and this league i'm not switching gems on any boss ( including shaper, haven't encountered uElder yet ).

For AC part..yes there's some situations where ur not able to benefit from it but this build yields so much damage that even with shaper i can take it to melee range all the time and will only take a bit more time to defeat it.

And for clearing maps in general..it's just bad to go without AC.

So that's just some thoughts from my experience. And as you may see i'm on a lower end gear.

Have fun and make your own best set up ;)

Cheers
Wicked_Clown
@GornoDD do you prefer to use the Heralds over wrath?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info