[3.7] Oro's Flicker Berserker | 3M DPS | Teleport Through Maps In Seconds

You're good, as soon as you have that setup, you're at about 70k DPS.
I checked quickly your build in Path of Building.
"
ThecNiqueMan wrote:
@NayleenMT

I'm wondering if Elemental Overload is worth it.
Even with 3 power charges (18.6% effective critical chance), and mapping with crazy speed, Elemental Overload does not seem to proc that often.
If we take Forces of Nature, it's the same DPS gain but with 100% uptime and penetration.

I had the same question.
Force of Nature is INCREASED damage, i.e. +40% of your base
Elemental Overload is MORE damage, i.e. *40% of your total

Here is how it was explained to me:

"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
ele overload is 'more' damage, not 'increased' damage.

all forms of increased damage are additive, so they all add together and are applied to your damage as one big multiplier.

more damage multipliers are separate multipliers by themselves, they take your damage after all the increased damage stats have been applied and then multiply the final figure again. 'More' damage stats do not add together as a second layer of multiplication, each source of more damage is its own multiplier that gets calculated by itself.

example: you start with 100 damage, and have 400% increased damage. This makes your total damage = 500 damage

you now get another 80% increased damage, so you start with 100 base damage and now have 480% increased, = 580 damage

if instead you have 100 base, 400% increased and then 40% more damage it works like this...

100 base multiplied by the 400% increased = 500 damage

500 is then multiplied by the 40% more = 700 damage

'more' multipliers tend to heavily boost the stats they are applied to. If you look at most gems, elemental damage with attacks, elemental focus etc, the big stats on them are all more multipliers, thats why a gem link with 55% more damage on it is doing so much compared to 55% increased damage on an item or a combo of nodes.

Hope that helps explain why!
Last edited by Ruwed on Mar 25, 2018, 5:13:11 PM
So, an ex worth of Chromatic Orbs, later, I got the proper colors on my shroud, but I just realized that the shade form physical immunity buff has a 45s cooldown. So instead I put Molten Strike in the shroud to use it on tough mobs and bosses, along with a 6L ancestral warchief on weapon swap:

SkyDotNET and others who are testing Abyss setups, what do you think? I wonder if I could find a better weapon dedicated to the totem, unfortunately Ngamahu's Flame won't proc molten burst on a totem, only on your own melee skills.

I still want better jewels (but Watcher's Eye with double Anger bonus seem to be extremely expensive) and maybe a Taming, otherwise, short of a headhunter, I think I'm 95% geared.
Last edited by Ohtee on Mar 26, 2018, 9:46:53 AM
I noticed you have the deceiver belt was a recommended item, I'm fairly new to POE and some of the game mechanics are still over my head, but wouldn't Doryani's invitation heavy belt be better, or on par? I'm not quite familiar with intimdate buff though, is it multiplicative , and doryani's additive?

thanks for the amazing guide, first time trying flickerstrike, just got my character to level 67 and almost got the gear for him ^^ blew my bank on it, hopefully turns out^^
I have a question with a longwinded thought pattern

Using a quicksilver flask and no leap slam is such a pain. So...

Firstly, is Unwavering stance required? Right now I am using a Kaom's heart and roots.

I could replace the Kaom's heart with a Belly but then
I lose roughly overall 600hp (with increased % max hp).
I'd lose the increased % fire damage from the Kaom.
AND the evasion of the Belly would be wasted be on Cannot evade Enemy attacks

So in my head I decided I couldn't drop the Kaom's heart.
Moving onto the Kaom's Roots.

If I lose the Kaom's roots I would be giving up
About base 80-100hp (depending on what pair of high hp boots I can get)
3 Skills points to get to Unwavering stance
Unless I don't actually need to get Unwavering stance

So conclusion.
Do I actually need Unwavering stance?

Thanks in advance
Last edited by Qiiox on Mar 26, 2018, 11:39:04 AM
For now I use Kaom's Roots + Iron Reflexes. As long as you use Iron Reflexes with Unwavering Stance you're good, your choice really. You need to balance life+armour.
Would someone please give me some advice? I've put a lot of currency into this character so far, and I'm just not seeing the returns that I expected when it comes to map clearing. As soon as i get to t9+ i start dying a lot. Especially during team play, i just get slaughtered (mostly 1 hit) on bosses. I think that I MUST be missing something, because my ability to survive is just plain terrible. I find myself running out of mana a lot with only 122 mana pool, then I have to wait a second for my regen to kick in to continue flickering away. I'd like to get good running t12-16 maps like my last build (spectre). Thanks for any input, it's MUCH appreciated!

https://pastebin.com/1Hj4h5Ak
Last edited by tabnstab on Mar 27, 2018, 4:12:35 PM
"
tabnstab wrote:
Would someone please give me some advice? I've put a lot of currency into this character so far, and I'm just not seeing the returns that I expected when it comes to map clearing. As soon as i get to t9+ i start dying a lot. Especially during team play, i just get slaughtered (mostly 1 hit) on bosses. I think that I MUST be missing something, because my suitability is just plain terrible. I find myself running out of mana a lot with only 122 mana pool, then I have to wait a second for my regen to kick in to continue flickering away. I'd like to get good running t12-16 maps like my last build (spectre). Thanks for any input, it's MUCH appreciated!

To help with your mana, I'd suggest two things for now.

1) refund the one armor node and three resist nodes to the left of Warrior's Blood. Connect the tree with the two strength nodes below Warrior's Blood and use the two leftover points to get Revelry. That gives you 33 more unreserved mana and approximately 27% more mana leech/gain.

2) Get a level 3 Enlighten gem for your Flammability/Anger setup. That will give you another 25 unreserved mana.

In POB that makes you go from 122 unreserved mana + 129.4 Leech/On Hit up to 180 unreserved mana + 180.3 Leech/On Hit rate.

I'm not sure what to say about the survivability, but the mana problems might be contributing to that since you would stop leeching/moving/etc when you run out?
"
ASTRODONGS wrote:
"
tabnstab wrote:
Would someone please give me some advice? I've put a lot of currency into this character so far, and I'm just not seeing the returns that I expected when it comes to map clearing. As soon as i get to t9+ i start dying a lot. Especially during team play, i just get slaughtered (mostly 1 hit) on bosses. I think that I MUST be missing something, because my suitability is just plain terrible. I find myself running out of mana a lot with only 122 mana pool, then I have to wait a second for my regen to kick in to continue flickering away. I'd like to get good running t12-16 maps like my last build (spectre). Thanks for any input, it's MUCH appreciated!

To help with your mana, I'd suggest two things for now.

1) refund the one armor node and three resist nodes to the left of Warrior's Blood. Connect the tree with the two strength nodes below Warrior's Blood and use the two leftover points to get Revelry. That gives you 33 more unreserved mana and approximately 27% more mana leech/gain.

2) Get a level 3 Enlighten gem for your Flammability/Anger setup. That will give you another 25 unreserved mana.

In POB that makes you go from 122 unreserved mana + 129.4 Leech/On Hit up to 180 unreserved mana + 180.3 Leech/On Hit rate.

I'm not sure what to say about the survivability, but the mana problems might be contributing to that since you would stop leeching/moving/etc when you run out?

My main problem is getting all the way through a t9+ map, then being 1 shot by the boss and losing all the exp i gained.. makes leveling painful >.<
Path of building shows that my flicker strike has higher dps than molten strike ? Any ideas how to repair that? :d
Last edited by Aciuffka on Mar 28, 2018, 12:20:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info