[3.10 HC] Apep's Darkpact Totems are BACK (original build 3.1-3.3)

are you going to update the guide in 3.2?
ye updte would be awesome
IGN: Demikun
Yes. :) I just prefer to test first so that I have something intelligent to add.

Here is my preliminary report on the build this league:

Currently lvl 68 and loving it. Merc ascendancy done, Kitava down. Because damage was buffed for us by almost 40% more, and because we were granted some significant extra sustain with the per totem Mana and life Regen, I decided to try a very HC experiment.

I am currently running 1 apep and trolltimber. TBH, I am absolutely loving the extra sustain from leech, which is kinda novel in a totem build and the buff to our damage mostly cancels out the loss from the missing apep. (May change my mind at higher tier maps, but right now this feels like it will be great until Uber lab). Trolltimber is super cheap right now and this is being a very fun variant. More news when I have more to report.

-O
Evening update:

Lvl 78 and just completed Uber Ascendancy. Trolltimber, 1 apep and Tabula were excellent for the 68-78 section of this run--felt smoother and safer than going from merc ascendancy to uber ascendancy on 2 apep's. That said, after uber ascension, I did go back to dual Apep's and ran a map and it felt amazing. So I think I will return to the original dual wield plan for the remainder of this run.

That said, I highly recommend 1 Apep and shield from Merc to Uber. It solves the mana problem caused by 2 Apep's nicely until the final ascendancy makes it a non-issue, and the buff we received in the 3.2 patch makes the reduced damage not a problem at least up to T6 maps (which I was rolling over while looking for my final trial prior to fully ascending).

-O
Last edited by Orion72 on Mar 4, 2018, 1:48:35 AM
Thanks for the build guide. I'm really enjoying it so far in 3.2.
This build is really strong now with the buffs; I ran up to maps using 1 Apep's + shield and it did fine on a 4-link; running 2 Apep's on a 4-link now (no Tabula yet) and it's more than enough for low tier maps. I was thinking about using the Arcane Surge node before, but the mana cost + defensive upsides of Sanctuary of Thought are still too good to pass in HC (the extra ES + free totems at full ES makes no regen maps much easier FYI).

I'm also thinking about picking up Lord of the Dead and Puppet Master for the extra +2 Skeletons in the late game since I use Wither+CwC+Summon Skeletons+Minion Life. It should synergize pretty well with this build.
Hi

What you think of using the new doedre fated gloves? You could use 1 apep+shield instead
Hello there

i want to thank OP for your awesome build. I followed it step by step and OH MY ! The level 62 hit with Tabula and double Ape's is amazing.
Just reached maps. Sitting on 6k eHP and a solid 11k tooltip in hideout.
thx for the guide, this is indeed a very fun and powerful league starter!

Ive opted to do a 4link curse setup with arcane surge so I can use a 3link lightning warp.
Its quite handy, the curses cost a lot of mana for higher level arcane surge and with faster casting you have 0.15 casttime easily.

I think overall that will be my preferred setup, gl to y'all :>

You haven't updated the main post since the league started. Are there any changes? Could use a PoB link in there as well.

Thanks for the guide.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info