[3.10 HC] Apep's Darkpact Totems are BACK (original build 3.1-3.3)

Hi, I just want to know what helmet enchant we should looking for? And is this build uber-lab ssf farmable because I'm a bit worry about uber-lap traps. Thank you so much.
"
09110212 wrote:
Hi, I just want to know what helmet enchant we should looking for? And is this build uber-lab ssf farmable because I'm a bit worry about uber-lap traps. Thank you so much.

Ulab shouldn't be a problem, see this post from some time back, DP dmg or cast speed should be fine as enchant. That char was from harbinger league, aka version1 of this build. Since then we've gained massive buffs from shaped/elder rares, abyss jewels and Despair. This upcoming patch makes things go into silly territory unless they change something core when the patch actually hits.. but those hiero buffs man, so huge.
Life+Mana MoM, with some decent regen, curses and decoy as buffer goes a long way to get through traps and killing bosses. Skelecasting helps with singletarget.

So far I can just echo what others have said, huge buffs, more possibilities to try out and play with. If I cant find something to play once notes hit (highly doubtful) I might redo my last one and tweak it with all the new additions. One lvl100 ought to be enough for one build but these buffs are really tempting me.

Last edited by Lysithea on Feb 23, 2018, 2:59:05 PM
"
Ksakep wrote:
This + Atziri's Reflection = :)

I was also thinking this. Drop 1 wand for this shield and use Soul Mantle+Self Flag jewel for huge dps boost+Extra Link+QoL Curse "Immunity" on maps.

New Doedre's Gloves can essentially replace one wand damage-wise too.

Also, any thoughts on using a different weapon for movement skill purposes?
"
Gryphenprey wrote:
"
Ksakep wrote:
This + Atziri's Reflection = :)

I was also thinking this. Drop 1 wand for this shield and use Soul Mantle+Self Flag jewel for huge dps boost+Extra Link+QoL Curse "Immunity" on maps.

New Doedre's Gloves can essentially replace one wand damage-wise too.

Also, any thoughts on using a different weapon for movement skill purposes?

You can always go the rare sceptre route with high overall caster rolls. I never looked into how rares fares vs apeps but I'd imagine a toprolled casterweapon would outscale apeps eventually.
Soul Mantle + Atziri's Reflection + Self Flagellation will be very interesting. Not only should it be pretty decent for damage (7-link, increased damage for all those curses) you also no longer need to overcap your resistances (for maps at least, non-curse resistance reduction can still be dangerous in HC) which frees you up to also use Doedre's fated gloves and concentrate solely on HP/Mana/Damage. Throw in the ascendancy changes and this might be the strongest league yet for this build.

Edit: This of course assumes that "Unaffected by Curses" means they still curse you but have no effect; I assume if it was Curse Immunity it wouldn't be quite as good.
Last edited by _loki on Feb 24, 2018, 10:49:34 AM
I think that should work as you said, that shield might go far up in price but its not like you cant play with "only 4" totems until you get the cash for the soul mantle and reflection.

This might just be very silly, I think Im gonna try this as well for a league starter, having considered a totem build for league starter anyway this looks pretty nice.

And I think the arcane surge buff is too big not to get (25% inc radius alone), so probably both totems, divine guidance for some more tankiness and illuminated devotion for arcane surge.
With the 3.2 Hierophant changes and the new items buffing the dmg of this build substantially, any thoughts on making a tankier version with less passive tree dmg? Having trouble pushing the defensive numbers on this build to levels where i'd feel comfortable running it in HC.
"
dandan88 wrote:
With the 3.2 Hierophant changes and the new items buffing the dmg of this build substantially, any thoughts on making a tankier version with less passive tree dmg? Having trouble pushing the defensive numbers on this build to levels where i'd feel comfortable running it in HC.

Old harbinger char might give you some ideas? It was plenty tanky even back then.

Additions since harbinger: Despair, Shaped minionlife helm+stormbarrier gem instead, abyss jewels, abyss belt, shaped/elder armor probably better.

Additions in Beastiary: Who knows, need notes and details on all new uniques first! If you want to tank even more, look into shield+toprolled caster weapon.
What about Essence Worm, ringslot for one free 50% (maybe Vitality or discipline e: haste! if you have the dex, get a lvl 23 for 10% movespeed and 17% cast speed if you are near your totems) aura might be alright.
High budget version with that is a watchers eye. There is increased life recovery rate or flat amount recovery with vitality or almost all of the discipline options are great.
If you get something semi-popular it might be more affordable and still awesome. Ideally then you get the combination of clarity as 2nd aura, there are insane combinations, like
"
Gain (12-18)% of Maximum Mana as Extra Maximum Energy Shield while affected by Clarity

and just run a lvl 1 clarity over bloodmagic for the effect.
with a 4k mana pool thats up to 720 flat ES.

Also, what about eldritch battery in general? Should get a lot of ES on gear if one goes with the soul mantle and atziris shield.
Is that like another layer of protection over MoM or how would that interact?
Its a lot of points though in any case, 5 for a keystone.
Last edited by pennyyy on Feb 25, 2018, 6:41:46 PM
Yo. Need POB link pls :) Thx!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info