[3.10 HC] Apep's Darkpact Totems are BACK (original build 3.1-3.3)

I rarely praise people's build since I really hate glass cannon kinda build. No offense. BUT this build is lit. Hats off to OP for putting all this together. It's a masterpiece.
is skele better than wither for dmg?
Edit: Found my question answered earlier
Last edited by Aedax on Aug 19, 2017, 1:45:56 PM
Any suggested level uniques?
any thoughts about using
??' atm im overcapped in all res:

Spoiler
" You... managed to catch the fish i wanted? Congratulations! Let´s keep this a secret between the two of us, shall we? In the meantime, take this. It should be useful in the future." - Krillson, the 8th Master.
Grinding Gear & Gems
Looks ok, but that 25% increased dmg is doing a lot less for you than you might think.

Also, no +life, which for this build is not great.
Last edited by zz9za on Aug 19, 2017, 5:04:56 PM
Nice build! Have a couple of questions:

1. have you considered running inc AOE/conc effect instead of controlled dest./void manipulation? The damage seems really good for general clearspeed and having more AOE might help it more while also giving more single target dps vs bosses with conc effect.

2. have u tried a crit variant of the build? the totems seem to crit a lot with even base crit chance (i guess because of the high castspeed). This would mean including inc. crit strikes in the gem setup and branching to the shadow area for crit nodes.
"
Nice build! Have a couple of questions:

1. have you considered running inc AOE/conc effect instead of controlled dest./void manipulation? The damage seems really good for general clearspeed and having more AOE might help it more while also giving more single target dps vs bosses with conc effect.

Conc might make sense for bosses, but at least at the content I'm running (T7-9 maps, basically) I just don't feel the need. The biggest problem this build has with bosses honestly is bosses that leap/use movement skills, since they like to dash outside the totem range. Conc will make that worse since it'll be even easier.

For general clearing I dont' feel the need for more area. 3 totems is enough to hit basically the entire screen... limit on clear speed is far and away movement speed/flamedash charges

"

2. have u tried a crit variant of the build? the totems seem to crit a lot with even base crit chance (i guess because of the high castspeed). This would mean including inc. crit strikes in the gem setup and branching to the shadow area for crit nodes.

Those shadow nodes are a LOOONG way away, and the stuff you take to get there is garbage for this build (dex/ev/acc). If I were going to consider crit I'd stick to the witch crit nodes.

Taking the 3 crit clusters in the witch area gets you up to ~35% crit chance and 275% crit multi, which is about 40% more damage (nothing to sneeze at), but will cost you about 1500 ehp. Of course, with good crit rings that may become even more tempting.

I suspect gearing for crit would get real expensive if you don't want to also give up life rolls on gear. Could well be viable though. It's just never going to be sexy in the way some of the crit-focused ascendecies can be though, where you can hit like 75%+ crit chance even without crit rings/flask.
Last edited by zz9za on Aug 19, 2017, 8:33:30 PM
Thanks for replying :) Yea i guess hierophant isnt the best class for going crit hehe

Also, my totems are dying really fast once I moved on to maps. Would u suggest picking up the totem life nodes? not sure how effective it will be though, unless I also run a soul mantle or something
Can't hurt. I haven't really had that problem though, and I'm running like tier 8-9 maps.

The thing is, we have so much mana regen we can just keep placing them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info