[3.10 HC] Apep's Darkpact Totems are BACK (original build 3.1-3.3)

"
Barandis wrote:
Many forms of chaos damage are DoTs - Contagion, Essence Drain, Poison - but chaos damage isn't a DoT just for being chaos damage. Dark Pact is not a DoT.

Thanks! So, temp chains is the only viable option then.
I think Brine King pantheon helps a bit but I would like to run Soul of Lunaris instead (for chaining immunity and dmg mitigation) and get Unwavering Stance from skilltree which is unfortunately at least 8 nodes away but is interesting since there are lot of life in Marauder area.

About the curses: it's a pity that there aren't any really good offensive curse for chaos or totem builds. Currently running Orb of Storms with Temporal Chains. Can keep it up usually pretty nicely before enfeeble procs. Not probably worth to take double curses. It's too expensive I think. Also will test out to put Blind gem with Orb of Storms. I heard it's relatively strong vs. bosses and upside is that Orb is not a totem. Running both wither and decoy totem is kinda problematic to sustain all totems nicely.
Last edited by Possu81 on Aug 18, 2017, 3:16:34 PM
scratch what I just said.
Last edited by trackcatbat on Aug 18, 2017, 5:30:31 PM
thanks for the build guide dude but can we get a lvl 70 lvl 80 and lvl 90 to 100 passive tree please? also are those the overall gems in the current gear set up? just hit lvl 71 so am looking to improve dps for bosses etc
Wow ...

Anything else I should keep an eye on for jewels? Life and res I think?
"
kewkie wrote:
Wow ...

Life and res to cap, but also mana and mana regen. And chaos res if you need it and use Forbidden Taste (or if you just like chaos res).

Damage for your totems too, but I think percent damage is lower on the priority list since flat damage is so much better than percent damage with Dark Pact. Doesn't mean percent damage is bad, just that it's not going to help you as much as, say, gaining a level on your Dark Pact gem. That jewel you linked is very good.

Cast speed is pretty good in this build since it scales better with your flat chaos damage. Altogether, this means Assassin's Haste is a pretty solid jewel.

This build has been soo good to me so far.

Equipped my Apep's at 62, and my dps more than doubled.

Merc lab then, and then at 63 my first ever death-less Kitava. Never before have I even come close.
Re build trees:

The lvl 76 build tree I used is in the original guide. The level 90+ tree is on page 6 in the spoiler under my current thoughts on modifications. It becomes a little free form past 75 or so, as once you have the efficient damage nodes, you are going to take the closet life or mana, whichever will move your overall ratio closest to 3/2, which will depend on how much added flat of each you have on gear. At least this was my approach.

Please forgive that I have been a little less responsive to every post, as my attention is being pulled a bit with my latest string of bad ideas-For every guide like this I post, there are many, many more bad ideas that only I ever suffer through. :) [Note to my friends, trying to make charged dash single target by reducing move speed to zero using weight of sin jewels failed. Some dev thought of this before I did and pre-nerfed my build by capping the number of attacks charged dash will do per distance traveled. And infinite attacks at speed zero while using whirling blades to travel seemed so promising . . .]

I am still periodically checking in and I am very happy to see how many of you have done well with the build or are trying out interesting variations.

-O
In 2 years of playing PoE I've never managed to kill Atziri. Admittedly, I'd only taken maybe 5 or 6 shots at it, but still...

Well, check this shit out.

"
Barandis wrote:
"
kewkie wrote:
Wow ...

Life and res to cap, but also mana and mana regen. And chaos res if you need it and use Forbidden Taste (or if you just like chaos res).

Damage for your totems too, but I think percent damage is lower on the priority list since flat damage is so much better than percent damage with Dark Pact. Doesn't mean percent damage is bad, just that it's not going to help you as much as, say, gaining a level on your Dark Pact gem. That jewel you linked is very good.

Cast speed is pretty good in this build since it scales better with your flat chaos damage. Altogether, this means Assassin's Haste is a pretty solid jewel.

Does cast speed scales with the totems?

So the higher my cast speed, the more the totems are casting too?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info