[3.8] LiftingNerdBro's Tri/Quad Frostbolt Totems Hierophant - Strong League Starter!

Newb here... curious.

I am 64 right now still using a crappy 4 link.

Should i get a 5 link taryn? or get a 6 link crap staff?
I do not think i can save 400-500 chaos to get a 6 link taryn any time soon.

Thanks
"
exqcme wrote:
I am 64 right now still using a crappy 4 link.
Should i get a 5 link taryn? or get a 6 link crap staff?
I do not think i can save 400-500 chaos to get a 6 link taryn any time soon.

One way to go is -- find or buy a "cheap" 5 or 6 link. You can then scour it, Orb of Transmutation it, then use Alterations on it until you get a + to gem skill, then Regal that. You'll end up with somewhere between a sucky + skill staff to an excellent one. Welcome to RNG. Or you can use a XXXXX Essence of Sorrow. Which will give you either +1 or +2 to cold gems, and the same RNG chances on everything else as the Regal.

I'd post the one I have from using a Essence, but I don't know how to do that... :(

Edit: Just looked you can get a white 5L staff for as little as an Alchemy...
Last edited by Mr_Tact on Aug 21, 2017, 12:46:27 AM
so 6 link trumps a 5 link taryn by far?
I've never even thought you can buy 5/6 link white then roll into the +2 cold skill ~_~

thanks
Doesn't look like there are any "cheap" 6Ls on poe.trade, but a reasonable 5L will last you well into the mid 80s at a minimum.
"
haxers wrote:
"
Scooberzzz wrote:
Can't help but shake the feeling that Inquisitor is flat out better than Hiero unless your HC.

Thoughts?

Also awesome guide Lifting, best PoE content creator in the galaxy.

Each has its own merits. Inqui for deeps and Hiero for utility/survivability.

I went Hiero because I haven't tried this ascendancy before lol. For bosses, hands down Inqui, for mapping however, I find Hiero's frostbolt map coverage very smooth and fluid. I might respec to Inqui and try it out when I have enough funds to support endgame but so far I am enjoying my pick.

I might do the same thing. Four totems is awesome visually and certainly is a QoL improvement but even with four totems I still get the feeling that Inquisitor is simple superior unless your playing HC.
Got 5l taryn's, but still glaring at those 6l rares. Found one with 2+ cold gems, 80% spell damage, added cold damage to spells for 30C, would it overpower taryn's 5l ?Thanks in advance
"
KestCCC wrote:
Got 5l taryn's, but still glaring at those 6l rares. Found one with 2+ cold gems, 80% spell damage, added cold damage to spells for 30C, would it overpower taryn's 5l ?Thanks in advance

You could check pretty easily with PoB.
I'm thinking of swapping Frostbolt for Freezing Pulse for bosses. Did anyone else try different gem links for killing bosses specifically?
Has anyone considered using the Snakepit Sapphire ring? I am sure there must be a reason why this doesn't help the build.
"
WolfeDude wrote:
Has anyone considered using the Snakepit Sapphire ring? I am sure there must be a reason why this doesn't help the build.

Snakepit is actually a pretty good choice for this build. The reason I don't use it or recommend it for this guide is that it prevents you from getting a good ring with life + resists. If you can balance around it and get enough life with Snakepit go for it!
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info