[3.10] Molten Strike Jugg (Thread restored for historical purposes)

"
Rebazinho187 wrote:
Thanks for your work! Build looks awesome. Can't wait to start this build again in Bestiary league.

I have one question though:
Why are you using the Chance to Bleed support if Elemental Damage with attacks gives more dps?

Glad you approve!

TBH, the build is only scaling elemental damage recently because of the stat sticks that came about in 3.1, but before that it was just pure phys dmg, so if you don't have one of those sick stat sticks, and we have no idea how rare/expensive they will be, then bleed is going to be the best option.

Plus gotta keep in mind that bleed is not diminished by elemental resistances mobs/bosses have, so I suspect they end up being about the same.

Either way, you can definitely opt to modify the build to scale more elemental damage, if you are knowledgeable enough about the game, which it sounds like you might be :)

Last edited by corosou on Feb 28, 2018, 6:31:45 PM
Do you still have a budget /league starter friendly build you can put?

also which build are you personnaly going to do as a league starter ?!

will you go with your BOR totem build? also will you upgrade your totem build?!
which do you recommend to farm UberLab early your totem build ro your bloodseeker build!?

also is there a reason why we are now going Carcass jack and poacher head?!
SHOP : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/682434
Last edited by xenochaos1 on Feb 28, 2018, 8:04:42 PM
"
xenochaos1 wrote:
Do you still have a budget /league starter friendly build you can put?

also which build are you personnaly going to do as a league starter ?!

will you go with your BOR totem build? also will you upgrade your totem build?!
which do you recommend to farm UberLab early your totem build ro your bloodseeker build!?

also is there a reason why we are now going Carcass jack and poacher head?!

Bro, 200 questions... Time to figure it out on your own homie.

That's why I wrote a big guide and my characters are public.

A freaking budget build is just buying the cheapest gear you can find from the Gear Options section. It's not rocket science! Use your brain for F sake...

Just play the freaking game!

No more answers for you...
F me Jugg is strong!!

Let me share a little something I've been working on using my Zerker Abyss toon converted into a crit based Jugg:

Full Life: Yes, easily sustained with regen, leech and Unbreakable.
Frenzy Charges: Blood Rage
Endurance Charges: Enduring Cry and Ascendancy
Onslaught: Rotgut consumes Frenzy Charges from Blood Rage
Cast a Spell Recently: Does nothing. Just uncheck.
Maimed/Intimidated: Murderous/Searching Eye on Tombfist
Chilled: Does nothing, just to see Hypothermia dmg

This is of course just a work in progress, but you can easily see how this is very viable!

https://pastebin.com/u2W1PrUc

I'll be working on this at some point, but felt like sharing for those looking to give the new Jugg a try.

GL!
Last edited by corosou on Mar 1, 2018, 2:05:29 AM
"
corosou wrote:
"
Rebazinho187 wrote:
Thanks for your work! Build looks awesome. Can't wait to start this build again in Bestiary league.

I have one question though:
Why are you using the Chance to Bleed support if Elemental Damage with attacks gives more dps?

Glad you approve!

TBH, the build is only scaling elemental damage recently because of the stat sticks that came about in 3.1, but before that it was just pure phys dmg, so if you don't have one of those sick stat sticks, and we have no idea how rare/expensive they will be, then bleed is going to be the best option.

Plus gotta keep in mind that bleed is not diminished by elemental resistances mobs/bosses have, so I suspect they end up being about the same.

Either way, you can definitely opt to modify the build to scale more elemental damage, if you are knowledgeable enough about the game, which it sounds like you might be :)

Yeah, I know that ele damage with attacks really shines because we are using a stat stick. As far as I can tell there won't be much of a difference this league in getting them. AFAIK it might be a bit easier to get a really good one because with the new bestiary crafting recipes you can save an imprint of a magic item which might make it easier to craft a good one (depends of the cost/rarity of the beasts).

Was not aware of the diminishing return whilst testing last night. Guess I will just try it out ingame and see if the difference is considerable.

Thanks, I try to think about/look up the stuff I need in order to plan the build but I am not sure if I would call myself knowledgeable because of the depth Poe has.

What I do really like about this build is the variety it offers and thus everyone can kinda change it according to their own needs and playstyle. E.g. I removed the abyss uniqes for now in the PoB build because they will be quite rare and pretty expensive I think. Added an Devoto's, Haemophilia and Belt of the deceiver.
Last edited by Rebazinho187 on Mar 1, 2018, 9:13:38 AM
"
Rebazinho187 wrote:

Yeah, I know that ele damage with attacks really shines because we are using a stat stick. As far as I can tell there won't be much of a difference this league in getting them. AFAIK it might be a bit easier to get a really good one because with the new bestiary crafting recipes you can save an imprint of a magic item which might make it easier to craft a good one (depends of the cost/rarity of the beasts).

Was not aware of the diminishing return whilst testing last night. Guess I will just try it out ingame and see if the difference is considerable.

Thanks, I try to think about/look up the stuff I need in order to plan the build but I am not sure if I would call myself knowledgeable because of the depth Poe has.

What I do really like about this build is the variety it offers and thus everyone can kinda change it according to their own needs and playstyle. E.g. I removed the abyss uniqes for now in the PoB build because they will be quite rare and pretty expensive I think. Added an Devoto's, Haemophilia and Belt of the deceiver.

I doubt you'll notice any difference in-game from bleed to elemental. I can barely tell the difference between Conc and IAoE sometimes...

You're doing the right thing! Taking the info I provided and adjusting the build for market prices, play-style, etc.

GL!
Hi first sorry for my english
To craft the yellow weapon what attributes should I look for in it?
Last edited by CHMC on Mar 1, 2018, 2:05:43 PM
"
CHMC wrote:
Hi first sorry for my english
To craft the yellow weapon what attributes should I look for in it?

Let's take a look in http://poeaffix.net/1h-claw.html:

This is everything I would consider useful, including Shaper/Elder mods.

Sorry, I just realized that you may have meant the Stat Stick and not the phys dmg claw.

This is for stat-stick http://poeaffix.net/1h-sceptre.html

Last edited by corosou on Mar 1, 2018, 3:58:43 PM
Thanks.

One more doubt about amulet u think Carnage Heart not is one good choise ?
"
CHMC wrote:
Thanks.

One more doubt about amulet u think Carnage Heart not is one good choise ?

Ya, Carnage is a fine choice, you can use that if you'd like.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info