[3.10] Molten Strike Jugg (Thread restored for historical purposes)

"
humeybug wrote:

The one Who can read is clearly in the advantage :)

Yes, you are absolutely right! That's the kind of player I'm aiming to reach, the ones who make an effort, take the time to do the research and not just come here lazily hoping for me to spoon feed them how to play this game.

This build is so so strong (not just me saying it, objectively speaking and modesty aside), that if you discover it, it should be a rare treat for you, like chancing a Headhunter and not something everyone else in PoE is doing.

"
humeybug wrote:

Is there an option in your build to get endurance charges? I wonder why you use a level 15 CWDT with Immortal Call but I see no endurance charges. Is this just for a heavy hit and to have at least little time to fully get back your life due to ascendancy?

For sure, if that is your thing, but do you really need them? That is the question. My well geared toons have around 900k life leech per hit.

I don't use endurance because IC still has a base duration that is more than enough for the insane life leech to recover my full life many many times over, so why use a longer duration one, when I can use a lowbie one that will get cast more often?

And actually u don't really even need Savagery leech.. I still don't have my last ascendancy and farming with a 4L.

I'm actually about to make a long post about this, so stay tuned...
3.1 update...

So, I've been pushing the build to its limits, seeing what I can get away with with the cheapest, crappiest, borderline SSF gear I've gotten so far.

So far the most expensive thing I've bought is a 10c jewel. I'm taking my sweet time, farming upto T9s fairly comfortably and I haven't completed my Uber Lab Ascendancy yet (Savagery).

Let me show you my amazing gear ;)

Helm was SSF
Gloves SSF too
Claw was a gift
Ichi was 5c
Bloodgrip 1c
Rings 1c
Boots 1c
Chest 1c
Belt 1c
Flasks 1c most, just 6c for the GG roll Rot

The "expensive" stuff:

Most 3-5c, one of these was 10c, don't recall which.

So what is the point? That this game is not about having perfect stats across the board. And that getting stupid Tabula just for the 6L is not necessary, and kinda dumb. That shitty chest piece with 2k armor is way more appropriate and will get you far enough to get into red mapping/Uber Lab farming so you can start making $$ for end-game gear.

Gluck monkeys!
Last edited by corosou on Dec 13, 2017, 8:11:34 PM
Quick 3.1 update...

Snagged a few upgrades:

Boots: 1c
Lion's: 23c
Atziri's: 1c
Ring: 5c
Chest: 2c

Current stats (still 4L BF):

Thanks for the build man!

I ran this is HC (SSFHC up to level 80!) last league as my first real HC attempt and hit 90 and did uber izaro before the league ended.

Here's a couple things I've done this league:

You can score cheap (5-15c!) 6 link gloves as both faster attacks and chance to bleed can roll on elder gloves!

People still don't know how to price this stuff, so I've seen prices between 3ex and 5c for similar gloves. Just set up a good live search on poe.trade and pounce when you find the right pair.

It's been a breath of fresh air this league to not focus constantly on trying to 6link a chest. It freed up my chest slot for a carcass jack which I'm using for a 4l ancestral protector.

Scourge is still really expensive so I've been running the new sword unique in my main hand:

340dps and I bought it for 1c! The -1 frenzy charges is a bummer but it seems like the best bang for your buck right now.

Path of building shows the scourge as only a minor upgrade in dps. (Does PoB accurately take into account the 70% dmg on the scourge?)

I was able to clear all the elder guardians deathless and only 1 death on elder last night at level 86.

So, thanks again!
"
jroxstarblade wrote:
Thanks for the build man!

I ran this is HC (SSFHC up to level 80!) last league as my first real HC attempt and hit 90 and did uber izaro before the league ended.

Here's a couple things I've done this league:

You can score cheap (5-15c!) 6 link gloves as both faster attacks and chance to bleed can roll on elder gloves!

People still don't know how to price this stuff, so I've seen prices between 3ex and 5c for similar gloves. Just set up a good live search on poe.trade and pounce when you find the right pair.

It's been a breath of fresh air this league to not focus constantly on trying to 6link a chest. It freed up my chest slot for a carcass jack which I'm using for a 4l ancestral protector.

Scourge is still really expensive so I've been running the new sword unique in my main hand:

340dps and I bought it for 1c! The -1 frenzy charges is a bummer but it seems like the best bang for your buck right now.

Path of building shows the scourge as only a minor upgrade in dps. (Does PoB accurately take into account the 70% dmg on the scourge?)

I was able to clear all the elder guardians deathless and only 1 death on elder last night at level 86.

So, thanks again!

Well done homie! Thanks for posting the useful tips ))

Took your advice and snagged these bad boys:

Doubled my DPS:

Last edited by corosou on Dec 14, 2017, 1:50:39 PM
Whoa your dps is double mine now, glad I could help!

It also makes me wonder what what I don't have set up correctly, because I've got lion's roar, sin's rebirth and an atziris and I crafted a pretty dope steel ring last night.

I know my jewels aren't the best right now, as I was only just recently was able to get my resists doing well without all res on jewels. Definitely my next upgrade.

Maybe my pob config is different?

Edit:
I did a new import of my new gear and changed some settings/gems and i'm getting higher dps than yours now, but I'm still confused how your attack rate is so much higher than mine!

9 attack rate (me) versus 14 attack rate (you), crazy!

Last edited by jroxstarblade on Dec 14, 2017, 5:42:38 PM
@jroxstarblade just brought to my attention that I forgot to switch off the Haste I'm lvling in main slot, so that's where the extra AS is coming from.

Take that into account in the screenshots I posted.
Last edited by corosou on Dec 14, 2017, 6:19:22 PM
Quick little 3.1 update...

New variant in the works! ;)

Blade Flurry + Ancestral Warchief: "Blade Chief" maybe?

Stay tuned for the details as I figure it out.

AND still have a chest piece I can 6L to do something else MUAHAHAH!
3.1 update..

Started clearing my corrupted reds.

I've been giving Vaal Detonate Dead a shot, since the density changes and the tons of mobs from Abysses can sustain it pretty well and I'm liking the results!

I got some pretty sweet detonations in the video below:

BladeChief - PoE 3.1 - T15 Basilica (Corrupted, Full Run, Blade Flurry, Ancestral Warchief, Vaal DD)

Current gear:

Last edited by corosou on Dec 15, 2017, 10:12:08 PM
can anyone help me on what i should upgrade next? https://pastebin.com/WDwPPQE6
i'm not sure what i can do to improve my current build of this.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info