[3.10] Molten Strike Jugg (Thread restored for historical purposes)

With all the positive feedback from players, gameplay videos and in-depth guide/PoB links, I decided to give it a try for the next weekend, as I have a lvl 91 Berserker available in Harbinger and some currency for gearing.

Build seems very solid defensively and offensively, which is exactly what I look for my builds. Even though I don't play HC, I hate to see my character dying. It feels like a failed my build somehow.

One thing I've noticed though while I was checking those PoB files: for Blade Flurry and Reave (claw, sword and dagger only) you can use a Doon Cuebiyari mace on the main-hand and get slightly more (or slightly less) DPS, depending on how much strength you have (usually somewhere between 500-600 for left side of the tree builds).

This could be a good option early in the league because the mace is way more affordable than a Scourge claw for the first couple weeks. Besides that, you will be hitting 100% of the time with Bloodseeker, which means a "true" Vaal Pack feeling.

The downsides are not having the Wolves as a meat shield, and not having "x% Minion damage" as a possible mod for jewels.

As you can see on the image bellow, equipping Scourge instead of Doon gives 1.6% more DPS, but also gives 51.6% less life leech rate.

I used the same pastebin from the front page for this comparison, and simply added Doon Cuebiyari on a main hand.

Looking forward to play with this build on the next days.
Cheers!
"
KaioNS wrote:
With all the positive feedback from players, gameplay videos and in-depth guide/PoB links, I decided to give it a try for the next weekend, as I have a lvl 91 Berserker available in Harbinger and some currency for gearing.

Build seems very solid defensively and offensively, which is exactly what I look for my builds. Even though I don't play HC, I hate to see my character dying. It feels like a failed my build somehow.

One thing I've noticed though while I was checking those PoB files: for Blade Flurry and Reave (claw, sword and dagger only) you can use a Doon Cuebiyari mace on the main-hand and get slightly more (or slightly less) DPS, depending on how much strength you have (usually somewhere between 500-600 for left side of the tree builds).

This could be a good option early in the league because the mace is way more affordable than a Scourge claw for the first couple weeks. Besides that, you will be hitting 100% of the time with Bloodseeker, which means a "true" Vaal Pack feeling.

The downsides are not having the Wolves as a meat shield, and not having "x% Minion damage" as a possible mod for jewels.

As you can see on the image bellow, equipping Scourge instead of Doon gives 1.6% more DPS, but also gives 51.6% less life leech rate.

I used the same pastebin from the front page for this comparison, and simply added Doon Cuebiyari on a main hand.

Looking forward to play with this build on the next days.
Cheers!

Should work fine...

Gluck this weekend, hope u enjoy!
HI thanks for a very nicely written guide!

I have just hit 100 on my Duelist/Gladiator and would i be able to perform as well on this guide?

Do u have a sample tree for Gladiators? Currently i am doing the QoTf/Dreamfeather dual wield build.

Last edited by solemf on Nov 2, 2017, 9:27:31 AM
"
corosou wrote:
Should work fine...

As I expected, the build feels amzing!
Good damage output, instant leech, nice regen, fast-paced gameplay. ANd my gear is far from being optimized.

So far I've done some T11 and T12 maps, 3 uLabs, 2x all guardians and 2x Shaper.
Died a couple times to Phoenix due to some poor gameplay and once to Minotaur, as I was trying to figure out if I could tank his slam with 2x damage mods when Fortify goes off (turns out I can't lol).
However, both Shapers were deathless. =)

Thanks for sharing this build! Very well balanced in general.
Cheers!!
"
KaioNS wrote:
"
corosou wrote:
Should work fine...

As I expected, the build feels amzing!
Good damage output, instant leech, nice regen, fast-paced gameplay. ANd my gear is far from being optimized.

So far I've done some T11 and T12 maps, 3 uLabs, 2x all guardians and 2x Shaper.
Died a couple times to Phoenix due to some poor gameplay and once to Minotaur, as I was trying to figure out if I could tank his slam with 2x damage mods when Fortify goes off (turns out I can't lol).
However, both Shapers were deathless. =)

Thanks for sharing this build! Very well balanced in general.
Cheers!!

Appreciate the feedback! Glad it's doing well by you ))
possible to try and adapt it to a raider version?

as i was thinking if making claw raider till i saw this post and would like your opinion.
Last edited by ultimateGunner2 on Nov 6, 2017, 4:24:10 PM
This build works as advertised! I wish I'd found this at the start of Harbinger, this guide under-promises and over-delivers. I started smiling at about level 40 and have not stopped since. Rolling through labs at a disgustingly low level...no problem. The Bloodseeker claw is like Vaal Pact on steroids, I can't believe I'd never heard of it until this build. I'm leveling with Arctic Armor & Warlord's Mark/Blasphemy. Mapping feels fun again, no longer a grind. I often complete a map and realize the boss is dead and I've forgotten to swap Inc AOE for Conc, but I melted them anyway. I'm not sure how I'm going to play a build without Whirling Blades ever again.
I am trying my best to emulate this build, but my path of building is way off from the build. I am rather new to the game and trying to absorb a lot of content at once. Could someone have a look at my character "Hanvar", and make a few suggestions? It might be something Im just overlooking.
"
possible to try and adapt it to a raider version?

as i was thinking if making claw raider till i saw this post and would like your opinion.

Dunno tbh... give it a shot imo
"
haamoo wrote:
This build works as advertised! I wish I'd found this at the start of Harbinger, this guide under-promises and over-delivers. I started smiling at about level 40 and have not stopped since. Rolling through labs at a disgustingly low level...no problem. The Bloodseeker claw is like Vaal Pact on steroids, I can't believe I'd never heard of it until this build. I'm leveling with Arctic Armor & Warlord's Mark/Blasphemy. Mapping feels fun again, no longer a grind. I often complete a map and realize the boss is dead and I've forgotten to swap Inc AOE for Conc, but I melted them anyway. I'm not sure how I'm going to play a build without Whirling Blades ever again.

Under-promising and over-delivering... That's quite the compliment! Thanks ))

One of the worse things in this game is spending a ton of time and EX on some bs guide that over-promises and then under-delivers... So, I tried my best to do the complete opposite.

If a build doesn't sell itself on merit, then it doesn't deserve a guide IMO. Thankfully the premise turned out to be pretty solid and a lot of smart players contributed to the success.

I may have come up with the concept and done most of the testing, but the build is in huge part a community effort.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info