[3.10] Molten Strike Jugg (Thread restored for historical purposes)

"
Freddydaking wrote:
i would also like to ask, is it possible to both use the pob and your character on your profile for refference, even tho you're set up to cyclone atm?

Sure, my character pretty much is THE TEXTBOOK example of gear you might want to aim for, for the most part. Just gotta take into account the gear changes that happen when optimizing for a particular task you want to accomplish, such as farming Uber Lab, mapping, etc.

But overall the build itself doesn't change, maybe a point swap here and there, as I need either DEX/INT/RES to balance the char reqs., but for the most part the tree is final and it's all just gear/skill gem swapping.
Cheers bro, all i needed to know :))

EDIT: Im guessing all the "Increased damage from ailments" from nodes, comes into play via Sins and Atziris ye?
Last edited by Freddydaking on Oct 11, 2017, 6:40:24 AM
I have 3 builds that I'm very satisfied with.

1. Elementalist with 6 golems, which is the most powerful but very boring playstyle.
2. Dual wield Cospri's Malice, which is very satisfying with the shattering effect from crits but I hate relying on Vaal Pact especially in red maps.
3. SCOURGE FLURRY ! Good damage, good survivability, instant leech without VP and still satisfying with blood explosion from Haemophili gloves. I use your build mainly for red maps. Oh, and I make 6L 5 off Ashrend which basically make it 7L for more damage. Salute!

To grind or not to grind, that's the question.
"
To grind or not to grind, that's the question.

To grind.
I have been playing around with the Tazmanian version of the build for about week now.

It is fast, it is fun to play with. It is very funny actually.
But it also is very unforgiving to play. It basically comes down to "you are alive as long as you spin through something that does not oneshot you".

While the BF version can pretty much run all map mods except cannot leech and gets nasty with combinations like -max resis, vulnerability, and (multiple) damage modifiers for mobs the Cyclone version is prone to alot of things, even with swapping gear around alot to cover certain week spots. All based on red maps.

With haste and an Blasphemy up you have mana for like 2 taps of cyclone. If you don´t hit something you can leech from, well, not good. In that case i am left with three options, being a) running (meh), b) whirl somewhere, ideally through something you can leech of, and c) leeching with a cwdt-Shocknova proc.

Options b and c allows for a transition into spinning motion, but the splitsecond between can be enough to get you killed if you happen to stand in hitrange of multiple mobs that are medium fast.

Mods that are very troublesome for me with cyclone are
-max resis - cold damage and the resulting freezes make certain bosses near impossible. Even Packs with cold based mobs pretty much require uptime of a anti-freeze flask, fallback is relying on the chance to prevent from taste of hate.
-deal added damage as cold. see above
-cannot regen / Slower regen - makes bloodrage a gamble, out of mobs to leech from you are best off removing the gem.

Combination of the above mentioned are very awkward to play.
For me it took quite a while to get somewhere near a smooth playstyle with that build, still ending up with no mana a couple of times per map.

"
Necrol wrote:
I have been playing around with the Tazmanian version of the build for about week now.

It is fast, it is fun to play with. It is very funny actually.
But it also is very unforgiving to play. It basically comes down to "you are alive as long as you spin through something that does not oneshot you".

While the BF version can pretty much run all map mods except cannot leech and gets nasty with combinations like -max resis, vulnerability, and (multiple) damage modifiers for mobs the Cyclone version is prone to alot of things, even with swapping gear around alot to cover certain week spots. All based on red maps.

With haste and an Blasphemy up you have mana for like 2 taps of cyclone. If you don´t hit something you can leech from, well, not good. In that case i am left with three options, being a) running (meh), b) whirl somewhere, ideally through something you can leech of, and c) leeching with a cwdt-Shocknova proc.

Options b and c allows for a transition into spinning motion, but the splitsecond between can be enough to get you killed if you happen to stand in hitrange of multiple mobs that are medium fast.

Mods that are very troublesome for me with cyclone are
-max resis - cold damage and the resulting freezes make certain bosses near impossible. Even Packs with cold based mobs pretty much require uptime of a anti-freeze flask, fallback is relying on the chance to prevent from taste of hate.
-deal added damage as cold. see above
-cannot regen / Slower regen - makes bloodrage a gamble, out of mobs to leech from you are best off removing the gem.

Combination of the above mentioned are very awkward to play.
For me it took quite a while to get somewhere near a smooth playstyle with that build, still ending up with no mana a couple of times per map.

Hehe yes, Tazmanian Cyclone is a rush build for end-game mapping when you no longer worry about a death here or there. And it def requires a very different play style that takes a few to get used to.

You gotta be quicker on your feet, you're moving much faster, and have less life, so the margin for error is much smaller.

If you have problems the best solution is to ALWAYS Whirl into packs BEFORE starting Cyclone to guarantee both your Fortity and enough mana to cast Cyclone.

One way I got really good at it without much risk and very nice reward (drops wise) is running a bunch of "The Reliquary". At first it's hard to get through it, but as you do more and more runs you'll start to get a feel for how to properly move using the combination of Speed, Cyclone and Whirling Blades. It's a small zone with very good density, and a simple layout that is still challenging enough to get through to help train you in how to properly move with this variant. I just run in, usually doing clears around the edge going counterclockwise till I reach the WP and reset, rise repeat for an hour or two to farm orbs.

And the nice reward is that it has A LOT of Harbingers, sometimes 4 per map. It's actually one of my main sources for Harbinger Orbs to get Beachheads (a little pro-tip I feel I can now share, this late in the league ;)

This variant is also very very expensive to get everything setup, because of the insane amount of uniques and stats that need to be JUST RIGHT in the few Rares you do use. But that's what an end-game, non-budget build is all about, right? ;)

Anyway... Most importantly, always keep in mind this game is a lot like "Aerodynamic Resistance": the faster you go, harder it pushes back ;)

EDIT: To give you all an idea of what it is I do with Tazmanian Cyclone. I farm T15s mostly. A lot of Abyss... Here's what a pretty normal full run looks like:

Youtube: TazmanianCyclone - T15 Abyss (Full Run)
Last edited by corosou on Oct 11, 2017, 5:39:53 PM
Another little pro-tip for faster/easier mapping...

Try these settings for your minimap:

A quick update here.

Just reached 70 on my zerker, everything so smooth so far. Insanely fun to play. And im facetanking stuff i have no business facetanking at level 70.

Solid build bro! Cant see myself going back to my BM starforge anytime soon.
Btw im curious, have you cleared Hotg on this? Or do you know if any of the people playing it has?
"
Freddydaking wrote:
A quick update here.

Just reached 70 on my zerker, everything so smooth so far. Insanely fun to play. And im facetanking stuff i have no business facetanking at level 70.

Solid build bro! Cant see myself going back to my BM starforge anytime soon.

Good stuff! glad it's working out for u )

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info